Sunday Review

Not_Pennys_Ship

I was only there for a couple of hours but it seemed a lot busier then yesterday. Gazza had a steady line and there were lots of people interested in the '66 team which was great to see. Think they will have attracted a lot of passing trade.

All the guests I met had time to chat which always makes the day better. Jack Charlton and Gordon Banks took a great deal of interest in the book I had brought for them to sign.

Just one thing to say on a bad note. When the crew member and the sign says "No posed photos" it means NO POSED PHOTOS. No amount of moaning, arguing or petulant feet stamping is going to change this. The person I'm referring to probably isn't on this forum. But just in case you are, accept the rule and move on instead of making the guest very uncomfortable.

Apart from that, I had another great day. Only wish I'd had more time (& money) to spend. A big thank you to SM/ME and all the hard working crew that made a great weekend possible.

Just one thing to say on a bad note. When the crew member and the sign says "No posed photos" it means NO POSED PHOTOS. No amount of moaning, arguing or petulant feet stamping is going to change this.

:WAVE: Which guest had the 'no posed photographs' sign?

Surly it wasn't that busy was it?. :WAVE:

Just returned home after a very pleasant morning at the event.

A very unusual setting, I was expecting an enclosed hall or room but I'm sure that the layout would have attracted a lot of interest from those out for a Sunday shop!

I've mentioned on another thread that meeting my hero Alfie Conn was the highlight of the day.

A really nice down to earth guy and a pleasure to have a good conversation with.

Thanks to the organisers for making a dream come true. :thumbup:

I was only there for a couple of hours but it seemed a lot busier then yesterday. Gazza had a steady line and there were lots of people interested in the '66 team which was great to see. Think they will have attracted a lot of passing trade.
I suspected that they would attract a few more people today.

It was very relaxed yeterday and allowed people to spend more time chatting to the guests, which was nice. As I only went for two guests I ended up spending most of my time chatting to a few crew members while waiting for photo shoots.

There was a bit of nostalgia being back in the shopping centre. Even if I did get lost. I walked out the wrong side to find that somebody had removed the car park :thumbup:

Just one thing to say on a bad note. When the crew member and the sign says "No posed photos" it means NO POSED PHOTOS. No amount of moaning, arguing or petulant feet stamping is going to change this.

:headscratch: Which guest had the 'no posed photographs' sign?

Surly it wasn't that busy was it?. :thumbup:

Don't think it matters whether it's busy or not, there could be all kinds of reasons for it. Maybe the guest isn't feeling too well or has an injury and doesnt want to be standing and sitting down again for each attendee. Who knows?

Whatever the reason the signs should be respected. And if you have an issue, take it up with a crew member, not directly in front of the guest.

Maybe I've been going to these things long enough to appreciate how it all works and accept you can't always get a posed photo.

Totally agree with Rockstar. By all means ask for a photo, but if they are not allowed accept it & move on. As for why the sign was there I thought it was obvious. Really don't want to say any more in case it causes embarrassment for the guest involved.

Why the hell was Gazza NOT signing shirts? Only went to see the 66 team but there were armies of upset people who had bought englan and spurs shirts specifically for him to sign.

If he doesn't show up for some reason and you've bought your shirt then fair enough. But they guys sitting there and he's not signing shirts???

Is this not supposed to be a SIGNING event? Does anyone know why this importnant information was not put up on the forum at the very least? Someone please enlighten me.

Why the hell was Gazza NOT signing shirts? Only went to see the 66 team but there were armies of upset people who had bought englan and spurs shirts specifically for him to sign.

If he doesn't show up for some reason and you've bought your shirt then fair enough. But they guys sitting there and he's not signing shirts???

Is this not supposed to be a SIGNING event? Does anyone know why this importnant information was not put up on the forum at the very least? Someone please enlighten me.

Guests do have the right to refuse to sign items if they so choose. I can only assume that ME were not made aware of a restriction regarding the signing of shirts.

Guests do have the right to refuse to sign items if they so choose. I can only assume that ME were not made aware of a restriction regarding the signing of shirts.

The lady manning the cash desk for him this morning said they hadn't been made aware of it in advance, apparently he it was something he jsut decided he wasn't going to do this morning when he turned up.

Overall I thought it was a good event, it would have been nice if it had been a bit busier just to get a bit of that old Centre MK buzz back again though!

The 66 team all seemed in good spirits and as always were all very pleasent to chat to. Roger Hunt for me in particular was great, especially as he had some Liverpool photos to sign. Joey Jones was another great one, very friendly and talkative and seemed to be enjoying the day.

I managed to catch a bit of one of the darts sessions, I'm not especially interested in the game as such but there is something quite captivating about watching Bobby George throwing a few arrows, the jewellry is just spellbinding!

Only shame for me was the lack of a 10x8 image that the whole of the 66 team could have signed. I know they had individual ones and group 16x12 ones but it would have been good to have had a 10x8 option as well.

There seemed to be a decent bit of passing trade as well which was good to see, a lot of husbands getting their own back on their wives by making them hang round a shopping centre for a change!

It also looks like we have come full circle at these events now, I saw Jason posing for photos with people, the promoter becomes a celebrity in his own right!

The lady manning the cash desk for him this morning said they hadn't been made aware of it in advance, apparently he it was something he jsut decided he wasn't going to do this morning when he turned up.
Thanks for confirming that.

Only shame for me was the lack of a 10x8 image that the whole of the 66 team could have signed. I know they had individual ones and group 16x12 ones but it would have been good to have had a 10x8 option as well.
Don't you think that a 10"x8" would be too small though? I've always thought that after 2-3 signatures it becomes cluttered. I prefer a larger sized images for those instances.

I tend to agree for the most part, but this time round there was that stall that sells pre framed images with a space for a signed 10x8 photo, I think a group signed photo would have sat quite nicely in there. I still bought one though because I have a photo of Peters Moore and Hurst with the trophy signed by Peters and Hurst that will sit quite nicely in there instead!

He's within his rights to refuse to sign shirts. Paul Gascoigne rarely does these events so we've got to respect his wishes to not want to sign shirts.

Nevertheless, I had enjoyed my time meeting Paul Gascoigne and thank Showmaster for this opportunity.

Doesn't really matter whether he wants to or not that's fine. Its not the Key issue. SM should have been smart enough to enquire whether he would sign shirts when they booked him for the event.

A hand written sign on the morning of the show?.....bizarre

Doesn't really matter whether he wants to or not that's fine. Its not the Key issue. SM should have been smart enough to enquire whether he would sign shirts when they booked him for the event.

From what I could understand that had previously been discussed with him, it was just that he decided when he arrived this morning that he wan't going to sign shirts.

It's quite possible that they did and were told that there wouldn't be any restrictions with regards to signing items. A change of mind can happen at anytime.

Just got back to Coventry after my weekend in Mk and wil pass on my thoughts for what they are worth on a very enjoyable time at Middleton Hall.

I was suprised with the venue when i popped down on Friday to take a peek but i think it worked well with plenty of space and a neat and tidy setting.

Met a few people on the Saturday with Alfie Conn, lester Piggott and Bob Champion all seeming very nice and courteous as did most of the guests.

Had a greta pic with Lester (posted in pics) and went bk really pleased with the day and looking forward to Saturday.

Got there really early Sunday in anticipation of seeing my boyhood idol Gazza who was an hour late, this wasnt important and got in the que near the front chatting with some nice people and the friendly lass from CM, Gazza arrived and was great, yes he looked a bit nervy but it's not his thing and signed a greta pic for me, thenw ent to meet the 66 lads (most of which were in my hotel the night before) and then chatted to Ron Atkinson who i knew from working with him at Coventry City.

Had my pic with Gazza then the European replica trophy, met Bobby George and got a quick pic with him before setting back.

Was a great venue, well organised and very enjoyable, well done to all involved

Hi

We went today and it was ideal for us as we were in and out very quickly having got what we needed. It was fairly quiet but that suited us.

We met Bobby George, Ron Atkinson and Bobby George who were all very friendly and chatty - especially Bobby.

We then went to see the 66 players and I was going to get them all but as a few had the "no posed photos sign" behind them, we only decided to meet Jack Charlton who was in fine form. It could be a coincidence but as per LFACC the guests with the "no posed photos" sign weren't as busy as the others when we were there.

Finally, we went to get Gazza. I was disappointed to be told he wasn't doing posed photos and I was a little surprised to see that he wasn't signing shirts or that his poster didn't say he had played for Glasgow Rangers.

We took a chance getting his autograph, I didn't ask Paul to pose, I just asked my son to look at me and Paul glanced up and I got the shot we wanted. After I took it, he gave me a cheeky wink and off we want.

All in all a great stop for us. I recognised many of the crew from LFACC and previous events and some recognised us as well from previous events.

Steve

• Moderators

We took a chance getting his autograph, I didn't ask Paul to pose, I just asked my son to look at me and Paul glanced up and I got the shot we wanted. After I took it, he gave me a cheeky wink and off we want.

Steve

So you basically tried to get a sneaky posed photo regardless of the signs?

DavidB

I didn't ask Paul to pose, I asked my son to look at me so that he was in the shot while Paul was signing. Paul glanced up, I clicked my camera - so shoot me. It was all over in a nanosecond.

My idea of a posed photo is some of those I've just posted in the photos thread.

I got the impression from the wink from Paul afterwards that he knew what he was doing and he was happy with it.

If the 66 guests were allowing posed photos then I'd have spent another £70+

It's also worth noting that I never saw any of the signs regarding posed photos but they were probably there. I respected the wishes of the woman selling the autograph tickets when she advised me that Paul wasn't doing photos and I respected that decision and didn't ask him to pose or even ask my son to move any closer to Paul.

It's a shame I've got to spell it out and it's doing so like this which can tarnish events as this isn't the first time we've had this conversation over the years.

Edited by steevofromglasgow

Steve

So you basically tried to get a sneaky posed photo regardless of the signs?

From seeing the picture, it looks more to me like a pic of his son standing by the side while Paul was signing and he happened to look up when he had finished to hand it back. I hope it wasn't the intention to wait for him to look up, but without knowing how fast Paul can sign them after they have handed the photo it wasn't a 'I'm going to get really close to him so he puts his arm round and smiles' type thing.

Thanks DavidBrookes - I didn't wait at all.

I find it incredible that we've been to over 20 such SM events all over the country and support these events and encourage others to do so, despite sometimes being let down by little things and then have to justify a second or so of our time often when travelling several hundred miles to collect something we enjoy