Thoughts on Saturday

18blue78

So how do you think Saturday went? I had a really good time. Everyone I met today was great, but must mention what a top bloke Carl Froch is. He took time to chat with everyone and took an interest in what he was doing, even to the point of making sure the pen was working properly before using it. He goes right near the top of my list of best guests.

Anyone thinking of meeting him should make the effort to get down there. He is only signing until 3:00 & you will regret not taking the opportunity to meet him.

Edited by 18blue78

Lots of sports related memorabilia. Most sports are covered and there are lots of photos, shirts, bats, balls and gloves. And just for the Count there is one stall selling a lot of Liverpool stuff and you can get a photo with a replica Champions League trophy...I didn't spend much time there surprisingly!

There are also a lot of unsigned photos, a framing service, another company offering bespoke framing (loved the framed shirt with the highlight video playing inside the frame), a program stall with a wide range and one guy selling Mike Tyson t-shirts.

Edited by 18blue78

Yeah, yeah, yeah. There was actually lots of Liverpool, United and Spurs stuff. In fact most teams were well catered for.

Bit of a challenge for you. See if you can find the signed black and white photo of a very young and clean shaven Ian Rush. It’s not an image I’ve seen before so it might be something you'd be interested in.

The stall with the replica Champions League trophy is on the John Lewis side of the hall, and the trophy was decked out in Istanbul ribbons. £2 a photo and before you ask, no I didn’t get my photo taken with it B)

That sounds like an interesting picture of Rushie, granted his 'tash was pretty weak in the early days but a picutre of him without one at all from that time isn't something I can remember seeing before.

The stall sounds good, although I will probably pass on the trophy photo, I have one of me with the real thing already!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. There was actually lots of Liverpool, United and Spurs stuff. In fact most teams were well catered for.

Bit of a challenge for you. See if you can find the signed black and white photo of a very young and clean shaven Ian Rush. It’s not an image I’ve seen before so it might be something you'd be interested in.

I saw the photo you were talking about, it looked very odd, almost unsettiling somehow! I was tempted by it but it didn't seem to have a price on it and I'd already spent far too much money, maybe next time!

Were you there today, I seemed to see more Everton shirts than any other team!

I saw the photo you were talking about, it looked very odd, almost unsettiling somehow! I was tempted by it but it didn't seem to have a price on it and I'd already spent far too much money, maybe next time!

Yeah, I thought the same. They must have been from the Milton Keynes Everton Supporters Club (yes there actually is one…well there used to be).

Was there for just under two hours today. Mainly for the ’66 players, Roger Hunt was very surprised a blue paid for his autograph.

Big Nev was a must of course, but that left me with a little dilemma, stick around for the ‘Beat the Keeper’ or head home to catch the end of The Open. Taking my football skill into account I made my way back to the train station.

I didn't see it. Was it this image?

M%201980a5x.jpg

Thats the one. I'd never seen it before, it's always good to see new photos on the market.

Yeah, I thought the same. They must have been from the Milton Keynes Everton Supporters Club (yes there actually is one…well there used to be).

I was there in my Everton 3rd kit from last season, but I'm not from Milton Keynes. I travelled up from London because I wanted to meet Gazza. I would have got an Everton photo signed if he'd had any available, but there weren't any so I got the famous Italia 90 photo instead.

I was there in my Everton 3rd kit from last season, but I'm not from Milton Keynes. I travelled up from London because I wanted to meet Gazza. I would have got an Everton photo signed if he'd had any available, but there weren't any so I got the famous Italia 90 photo instead.

Ha, how weird. I saw you leaving the train station as I entered and I remember thinking “I wonder if he is going to Sportsmaniaâ€.