Autograph preference?

DAVEEEK

Very odd question. Why would anyone want just the character name...having said that, I guess that'd be like Lee Francis signing as Avid Merrion or Keith Lemon as I think he does sometimes, or Sasha Baron Cohen signing as Ali G or Borit which he probable has done at premiers, lol!

Very odd question. Why would anyone want just the character name...having said that, I guess that'd be like Lee Francis signing as Avid Merrion or Keith Lemon as I think he does sometimes, or Sasha Baron Cohen signing as Ali G or Borit which he probable has done at premiers, lol!

Very odd question but then if you only like a certain character maybe this is why the question was raised? personally it's the actor for me, but when I got my BSG boxset signed recently, they put there names all at the bottom.

Normally I just get the actors names - unless it's something like a poster with alot of signatures on; then I get the actors name and character below it. I've done this for Indiana Jones, Goonies and Star Wars posters etc.

I do have a Bo Selecta DVD boxset, which Leigh Francis signed as Avid Merrion :clap: .......

This is odd, I agree.

For me it's always always the persons real name, and sometimes their character name aswell depending on the item.

Items signed as characters are virtually worthless from a collectable point of view, and if you are interested in investment or re-sale at some point in the future it is a big mistake.

Some stars know this and when signing TTM will sign as their character, for exampe, Rowan Atkinson (who is not a big fan of signing) signs through the mail as Mr. Bean, and they are usually pre-prints.

Not many stars have developed an actual 'autograph' as their characer (although a few have) and for those that have not, it makes authenticity almost impossible to gauge as they are simply a person writing their characters name, without the usual strokes and flourishes that an autograph has. If they are not used to signing 'as' their character it is almost guaranteed that these will vary to such an extent that anyone could have written it.

Some stars will 'autograph' both their own name and their character name as they become used to doing so, and develop a signature stroke for both, Ray Park when he signs his name and adds 'Darth Maul' is a good example of that as he kind of autographs both. But most people sign their name, and then simply write their character name somewhere underneath or nearby.

Bascially in my opinion character names on their own just look terrible, and a big missed opportunity if it was an 'in person' meeting.

Edited by Nick

I think it would even be a struggle with some actors to get them to sign as their characters as some don't like adding character names to their signatures. I think I'm right in saying Carrie Fisher won't add Princess Leia to her signature and I don't think Roger Moore does with Bond, James Bond or Simon Templar, the Saint, either.