a little help from the wise

hi guys i would like a little help finding some protection for my autos, ive got some movie posters that are 27 by 40 and would like some help as im having bother finding some poster holders like they have at the show that the dealers have any body any ideas where to get them from ? also if i display my posters say in a frame would they fade? would like to admire them on the wall instead of being rolled

and finally where do you buy the poster carriers from that people had carrying round their posters i had the crappy cardboard ones and would prefer a proper case with strap to protect them thanks in advance

poster tubes are the way forward if you want to get your posters to and from the con safely i get mine on ebay you just need to put 'drawing tube ' in to the search.

poster display wise most good framing stores are where you need to be looking , all my posters are screen printed on to a silk like material so untill there all signed they arnt going up

poster tubes are the way forward if you want to get your posters to and from the con safely i get mine on ebay you just need to put 'drawing tube ' in to the search.

Cool. Will have a search as I really need to get one myself for a Buffy poster I want to take to HW3 to be added to.

hi guys i would like a little help finding some protection for my autos, ive got some movie posters that are 27 by 40 and would like some help as im having bother finding some poster holders like they have at the show that the dealers have any body any ideas where to get them from ? also if i display my posters say in a frame would they fade? would like to admire them on the wall instead of being rolled

and finally where do you buy the poster carriers from that people had carrying round their posters i had the crappy cardboard ones and would prefer a proper case with strap to protect them thanks in advance

These are the kinds of holders poster dealers use at shows. Not cheap though, but you are paying for quality gear that is archival safe. You'd also need to make sure you had acid free backing boards to put in the sleeves.

Then you're looking at a couple hundred quid for a 'v-rack' to stand the poster sleeves/holders in as well!

Selwyns

As for framing... to protect from direct sunlight you can get plexiglass/glass that is UV resistant but this costs twice as much as regular plexiglass/glass and its not really worth paying for because you need to protect artwork from normal light as well. The best advice is just keep your stuff out of lit areas entirely because if you don't, your posters will fade over time.

Another bit of VERY important advice if you decide to frame, make sure there is some sort of matting. You don't want any poster up against the glass because mositure can get in between the poster and the glass causing it to wrinkle. Also, matting helps support the poster as the poster can buckle (and wrinkle) under its own weight.

Finally, if you do frame anything, DO NOT have it 'dry mounted' otherwise your poster will be ruined!

I suggest a bit of research before taking anything to get framed so you can best decide what suits your needs. Dedicated poster forums can be a great source of information if you dig around:

All Poster Forum

Hope this helps!

If you have an art supply shop near you you should be able to get the art tubes for transporting the posters, they also sell the portfolio cases whcih are good for larger art work that you want to keep flat.