Paid talks

Here's my question is a paid talk given more status then a free talk? Cos being told Mark's talk as free wasn't important was a smack in the teeth and left me with a horrible feeling, no-one should whether one guest is important or not to a fan.

Yes, it is, because you have forked out additional money for the paid talk and the crew will therefore do their utmost to ensure you don't miss it. Same goes for clashing photoshoots. Free talks are (very nice) optional extras. I missed Mark's talk too (among a few others I would like to have seen) and was disappointed, especially as I heard he was really good, but my paid photoshoots had to come first.

Perhaps the crew member could have worded it better (of course it's important to you!), but it was so crazily busy at times, sometimes things were bound to not come out right. There were so many clashing things going on, they would only have had time to prioritize the paid items. If everyone were trying to get ahead in the queue for free talks as well I think it would have been unmanageable, so the line had to be drawn somewhere.

I would have happily forked out for Mark's talk he is that important a guest to me. Plus there being only two talks then everyone who enquired here about talk/photo clashes were being given misdirection when told to inform crew about it. I didn't miss Mark's talk in the end cos it was so important but by running like fire I got both done but did meet a couple who missed out on Derek's shoot.

Plus there being only two talks then everyone who enquired here about talk/photo clashes were being given misdirection when told to inform crew about it.
Misdirection?

I assume she means we gave misdirections because we told attendees "ask crew and they will try to get you through as soon as possible."

I do remember some questions asking what to do because Corey's talk (I think it was that one) clashed with Karen's photosession and if it was possible that one could go to the other session. All other clashes question I remember where we did indeed say "ask crew, they will help you" were for Karen's talk which was quite obviously paid for.

If we accidentally confirmed the "you can go first" for a non-paid talk I do apologize, then this info was indeed wrong. I remember the same point came up last year and that is why I tried to make myself clear this time. If I had seen any comment going in the direction the "you can go first" was for all talks I would have said something for just this reason. Crew will normally still try and get you through if they see a chance, but for the free talks there is no guarantee.

Plus there being only two talks then everyone who enquired here about talk/photo clashes were being given misdirection when told to inform crew about it.
Misdirection?

I assume she means we gave misdirections because we told attendees "ask crew and they will try to get you through as soon as possible."

I do remember some questions asking what to do because Corey's talk (I think it was that one) clashed with Karen's photosession and if it was possible that one could go to the other session. All other clashes question I remember where we did indeed say "ask crew, they will help you" were for Karen's talk which was quite obviously paid for.

If we accidentally confirmed the "you can go first" for a non-paid talk I do apologize, then this info was indeed wrong. I remember the same point came up last year and that is why I tried to make myself clear this time. If I had seen any comment going in the direction the "you can go first" was for all talks I would have said something for just this reason. Crew will normally still try and get you through if they see a chance, but for the free talks there is no guarantee.

I even asked at the payment desk about it and they said the same thing. So it wasn't just you.

I even asked at the payment desk about it and they said the same thing. So it wasn't just you.

Payment desk or Organisers Booth? The payment desk where you get the voucher probably simply didn't know because that was absolutely not their area.

Regarding the mods comments, I did do a quick search last night for where this happened so we can avoid this situation from happening again. I can't guarantee we didn't have one or two questions slipping through, but going from your comment this sounds we repeatedly gave wrong info ("everyone were given misdirections").

Can you maybe remember where about this info was given? All questions I found related to the Karen talk (which was paid and hence you were given priority in the photoshoots), at least in the usual question topics.

I found this comment made by you:

Hmm, I foresee a clash between Mark Sheppard talk and Derek Jacobi shoot and this is with me opting to go to the 1:45pm Karen shoot. :firedevil:

But it does not contain a direct question and I couldn't find a mod replying to it either.