Cosplay pictures

coro

Hey guys, here's a link to my pics that I took at the LFCC weekend (I was Chun Li on Sat and Ms Marvel on Sunday)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...07296.547755625

Hopefully you guys can view them! I should also add that the last 6 pictures were taken by friends of mine and not myself, they were added on their because they were either sent to me/weren't on FB.

I got a pick of you doing chun-li's kick on a alien, I would have usally asked 1st but then the moment would have been gone.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, have I missed my chance to ask if you are single Jerri-Kay? :-)

haha i am single. did i meet you on the saturday or something?

Form an orderly cue boys, audition information will be released soon :D

Lol.

That is all.

284063_10150309020223524_763458523_9272978_647999_n.jpg?dl=1

that was me on Saturday. my fangs and red eye contacts got me alot of attention. I also seemed to make one vampire knight fan who was on crew duty very happy! was delighted by this and posed for a photo and gave her a hug, lovely girl

so, If anyone took photos of me please pass them on to me!

Hi Eddy,

I would also like to say a huge thankyou to you as you also made my 2yr old sons day on his first LFCC. I thought you managed the American accent really well lol

My pic of you and son are in my lfcc fb album

direct link Spiderman meets Cody

If you are on fb, please feel free to tag yourself :)

thanks again

Jill

I just wanted to say thanks to the guy in the Spiderman costume if he is reading this thread or someone knows him.

It was my sons first LFCC and his highlight of the day was to get his picture with Spiderman.

Thank you for making his day special.

Hi, Not sure if it was me as i was about in my Spidey costume for some time on the sat and sun, The accent is a bit dodgy with the Glasgow trying to be american lol. If so i am glad if i made your sons day. I too get a buzz out of the kids expressions when they see Spidey, If you can post any pics you have that would be great.

Eddie

Here's ours:

Thanks for posting these :) - nice to see some shots of the HP group (I was Luna :WAVE:)!

YAY LUNNAAAA!!! No probs I wish the others would show theirs LOL, if you want any of the pics larger and untagged let me know I can mail them to you or link you on here :0)

BTW I bumped into an amazing Pansy while I was dressed as Harry briefly (well it was Draco under the infulence of Poljuice potion of course *chuckles*) I WISH I had met her before and wish I knew who she was.... I could do with a Pansy LOL

Here's ours:

Thanks for posting these :) - nice to see some shots of the HP group (I was Luna :thumbup:)!

YAY LUNNAAAA!!! No probs I wish the others would show theirs LOL, if you want any of the pics larger and untagged let me know I can mail them to you or link you on here :0)

BTW I bumped into an amazing Pansy while I was dressed as Harry briefly (well it was Draco under the infulence of Poljuice potion of course *chuckles*) I WISH I had met her before and wish I knew who she was.... I could do with a Pansy LOL

Awww I missed you at LFACC Jay, I was meant to come to the photos outside but got caught up helping out on my friends dealer table and by the time I got outside everyone had disappeared. :(

269791_535332280509_284800185_1315644_5385082_n.jpg

Me as Babydoll, Jemma (Vamp_Rouge) as Madame Gorski, and Leanne as Rocket. just posting these on this thread too :)

I know what you're saying about the cosplayers that are 'attractive' or 'got more on show' get more attention, and i think i certainly know who you're talking about, and yes i agree to an extent. but i think you need to cut some people some slack, my costume is probably considered 'a little risque' and i did get alot of attention, but that was certainly not my intention. most game/film/comic characters have outfits like that! i can assure that even though i might not look it, im the biggest nerd. so it would be nice not to stereotype everyone! :)

Thanks for posting the pics Jerri-Kay! I'll get some of my pictures of other cosplayers up soon. They're all on facebook as that's easy to upload to but I don't keep my albums public so I'll photobucket them for here.

In response to the Pretty Ladies in Costume attention getting thing, it's such a difficult topic to get a handle on really. I quoted Jerri as I totally agree with her on not stereotyping people. In "everyday life" people who don't know me are surprised when they realise what a geek I am. People consider me attractive and for some reason geek + attractive doesn't seem right to people. So, of course, when I decide to Cosplay, and I try to make the outfits as accurate as possible, I get attention. It's hard because if the character's costume is revealing then if you make it less-so you're not getting the details right, and I like to get the details. But then you have to decide how comfortable in your skin you are and if you want to try and make it slightly more modest.

I was Batwoman on saturday afternoon which is one of my favourite costumes because I love the character. Originally I was worried about wearing a skin-tight catsuit for it as I didn't want to feel flabby all day but I actually find it pulls me in so I don't mind. lol

I was The Other Jessica Rabbit cosplayer on sunday and I got a lot of attention, mainly from men, which is to be expected. Attention IS flattering but it's not why I cosplay. I've actually loved Jessica Rabbit since I was a kid and so it's been a life-long need for me to dress as her. I'm glad I finally got the chance. But I did it for myself more than anyone else. But yes, it's a balancing act between being aware you're GOING to get attention when you dress like that and being flattered by the polite people who want pictures, to dealing with the idiots who want a picture with a "hot lady" and go too far. *cough*skeevey EC employee who wouldn't stop asking me to kiss him on the lips in a picture even after I explained that was my GIRLFRIEND taking the picture for you, translation: I'm gay and even if I was straight, no.*cough*

Annnyway, yes, there are girls out there that I'm sure do it for the male attention. But the majority of attractive female cosplayers I know do it because they're also massive geeks and the attention (when from nice people) is an added bonus.

Everything you said = YES.

So say we all.... :D

...for some reason geek + attractive doesn't seem right to people.

Indeed. Speaking as both a husband and father to geek central, the combination of geek + girl seems to be the puzzler. I do get slightly fed up especially with the reactions to my daughter not being in dresses or being interested in "girly" things etc. Still at least we 're not alone...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Unicorn

The following, although the last one is not terribly pertinent to the discussion, are worth a watch

http://superharmony.com/

So say we all.... :P

...for some reason geek + attractive doesn't seem right to people.

Indeed. Speaking as both a husband and father to geek central, the combination of geek + girl seems to be the puzzler. I do get slightly fed up especially with the reactions to my daughter not being in dresses or being interested in "girly" things etc. Still at least we 're not alone...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_Unicorn

The following, although the last one is not terribly pertinent to the discussion, are worth a watch

http://superharmony.com/

Hehe those are awesome.

Also, *belated Hi-five to Jerri* ;-)

And don't worry, I didn't intend that as a rant or anything, I know no explanation for cosplaying was needed. I just ramble. lol

Edited by Vamp_Rouge

... I just ramble. lol

Well, you ARE female! AMIRITE GUYS!!?? guys....gu... ill get my coat.

Lol because you made me laugh, I'll forgive you.:D

way too a woman's heart so im told....like there's anything interesting THERE! Pfffttt :P

Here's ours:

Thanks for posting these :) - nice to see some shots of the HP group (I was Luna :D)!

That would be awesome, thank you :P. I forgot to give the people taking pictures my camera so I don't really have any of the group :). Would you be the same Draco Malfoy that is on Cisplay Island? Is it okay if I PM you with my email over there?

Ooh, awesome about the Pansy cosplayer! I saw a few other Harry Potter cosplayers wandering around, but I didn't see a Pansy :spew:.