Cosplay pictures

coro

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Often I'm amazed at the effort and results that go into some of these costumes but I always wonder if some of the unambigously great looking ladies in these pics get a bit uncomfortable with the stares they draw from some of the more, shall we say, 'stereotypical' convention goers who are no doubt still carrying their v-cards!

Well, I think the ones who do get that kind of attention are the ones in costumes that leave very little to the imagination, so they are well aware that they will be attracting attention. The amount of costumes over the weekend which were skin-tight, chest-revealing or lower regions-revealing was crazy. How about the two dressed as Mileena and Kitana kissing each other up against a wall at the photo-shoot area...I think they must have known they would get some looks.

True, looks have to be expected given the nature of some outfits - the person cosplaying would be naive to think otherwise. I just couldn't personally do it if I were them. If you've got it, flaunt it I guess, but I still cringe a little inside when I see some odd-bods going up and asking for photos.

263030_535331282509_284800185_1315609_4452947_n.jpg

264929_535331512049_284800185_1315617_6252481_n.jpg

270286_535331527019_284800185_1315618_2217842_n.jpg

281858_535331931209_284800185_1315634_4946374_n.jpg

269791_535332280509_284800185_1315644_5385082_n.jpg

Me as Babydoll, Jemma (Vamp_Rouge) as Madame Gorski, and Leanne as Rocket. just posting these on this thread too :)

i know what you're saying about the cosplayers that are 'attractive' or 'got more on show' get more attention, and i think i certainly know who you're talking about, and yes i agree to an extent. but i think you need to cut some people some slack, my costume is probably considered 'a little risque' and i did get alot of attention, but that was certainly not my intention. most game/film/comic characters have outfits like that! i can assure that even though i might not look it, im the biggest nerd. so it would be nice not to stereotype everyone! :)

I agree Jerri-Kay. I don't think your costume was risque. Maybe more skin on display than if you had come as Yoda, but obviously it wasn't your intention to attract men. Some costumes though...barely more than a tight fitting leotard (or less!). Your costume wasn't revealing at all. I have a feeling it was your supermodel face that got the heads turning!

268991_10150236370471708_509376707_7135965_4005913_n.jpg

Who IS this girl???

:D

I know her hehe

Thanks. I got a photo with them, but I haven't seen it yet.

Correction: seen it now. :D

SusanDeath.jpg

Completely didn't notice that Susan is holding Death of Rats until now. I had meant to ask why they didn't have one, so it's just as well I forgot to lol.

My mates tim and laura!! They looked fab.. they were Bill and Sookie on the Sunday

That Babydoll looks LOADS like Emily Browning!

aw thankyou! alot of people have said that to me :lol:

I agree Jerri-Kay. I don't think your costume was risque. Maybe more skin on display than if you had come as Yoda, but obviously it wasn't your intention to attract men. Some costumes though...barely more than a tight fitting leotard (or less!). Your costume wasn't revealing at all. I have a feeling it was your supermodel face that got the heads turning!

haha! and yes i know what you mean and i think they were there for the attention..

and aw you're very sweet. thankyou :---)

Thanks. I got a photo with them, but I haven't seen it yet.

Correction: seen it now. :wub:

SusanDeath.jpg

Completely didn't notice that Susan is holding Death of Rats until now. I had meant to ask why they didn't have one, so it's just as well I forgot to lol.

:wub: Aw thank - that was me and Tim! Couldn't not have a Death of Rats either! I found it amazing how many people wanted to grab a photo with us on the Saturday, there's lots of Discworld fans out there!! The reaction we got from people was well worth all the black in that heat (and the 7 inch platforms Tim was sporting). Only downside to Death is that some small children cry!! :lol:

I love going to these cons and seeing such a wide range of cosplays.

@ Christoff

Would you mind awfully if we pinched your Harry Potter picture for use in a debate going on here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=69837 regarding the Harry Potter set. Just thought it would be helpful to get an idea how it came out in print, and this is the only picture I have seen so far.

Pinch away :lol:

I've got a couple of others which I just uploaded for you if you want to use them, they can be found here:

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5299/dsc0303c.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/935/dsc0304s.jpg

They're not the best photos though (though, neither was the other one :P)

Edited by Christoff

Me as Babydoll, Jemma (Vamp_Rouge) as Madame Gorski, and Leanne as Rocket. just posting these on this thread too :)

I know what you're saying about the cosplayers that are 'attractive' or 'got more on show' get more attention, and i think i certainly know who you're talking about, and yes i agree to an extent. but i think you need to cut some people some slack, my costume is probably considered 'a little risque' and i did get alot of attention, but that was certainly not my intention. most game/film/comic characters have outfits like that! i can assure that even though i might not look it, im the biggest nerd. so it would be nice not to stereotype everyone! :)

Thanks for posting the pics Jerri-Kay! I'll get some of my pictures of other cosplayers up soon. They're all on facebook as that's easy to upload to but I don't keep my albums public so I'll photobucket them for here.

In response to the Pretty Ladies in Costume attention getting thing, it's such a difficult topic to get a handle on really. I quoted Jerri as I totally agree with her on not stereotyping people. In "everyday life" people who don't know me are surprised when they realise what a geek I am. People consider me attractive and for some reason geek + attractive doesn't seem right to people. So, of course, when I decide to Cosplay, and I try to make the outfits as accurate as possible, I get attention. It's hard because if the character's costume is revealing then if you make it less-so you're not getting the details right, and I like to get the details. But then you have to decide how comfortable in your skin you are and if you want to try and make it slightly more modest.

I was Batwoman on saturday afternoon which is one of my favourite costumes because I love the character. Originally I was worried about wearing a skin-tight catsuit for it as I didn't want to feel flabby all day but I actually find it pulls me in so I don't mind. lol

I was The Other Jessica Rabbit cosplayer on sunday and I got a lot of attention, mainly from men, which is to be expected. Attention IS flattering but it's not why I cosplay. I've actually loved Jessica Rabbit since I was a kid and so it's been a life-long need for me to dress as her. I'm glad I finally got the chance. But I did it for myself more than anyone else. But yes, it's a balancing act between being aware you're GOING to get attention when you dress like that and being flattered by the polite people who want pictures, to dealing with the idiots who want a picture with a "hot lady" and go too far. *cough*skeevey EC employee who wouldn't stop asking me to kiss him on the lips in a picture even after I explained that was my GIRLFRIEND taking the picture for you, translation: I'm gay and even if I was straight, no.*cough*

Annnyway, yes, there are girls out there that I'm sure do it for the male attention. But the majority of attractive female cosplayers I know do it because they're also massive geeks and the attention (when from nice people) is an added bonus.

aw you're very sweet. thankyou :---)

Thanks, don't think anyone's called me sweet before!:coolthumb: I just say it like it is.

268991_10150236370471708_509376707_7135965_4005913_n.jpg

Who is this girl?

I know her hehe

Who is she? She looks a lot like the other Lara Croft on the photos thread (aside from being dressed and posing similarly, obviously!)

Edited by The Prisoner

Hey guys, here's a link to my pics that I took at the LFCC weekend (I was Chun Li on Sat and Ms Marvel on Sunday)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...07296.547755625

Hopefully you guys can view them! I should also add that the last 6 pictures were taken by friends of mine and not myself, they were added on their because they were either sent to me/weren't on FB.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

Hey guys, here's a link to my pics that I took at the LFCC weekend (I was Chun Li on Sat and Ms Marvel on Sunday)

Hopefully you guys can view them! I should also add that the last 6 pictures were taken by friends of mine and not myself, they were added on their because they were either sent to me/weren't on FB.

Can't view them, probably because the album isn't public?

Can't view them, probably because the album isn't public?

Oops, I'll get right on that!

Okay, should be viewable now.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

Still doesn't work, unless the link to the album is different now.

"The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Still doesn't work, unless the link to the album is different now.

"The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

Darn, okay I'll upload them all on to photobucket.

I know what you're saying about the cosplayers that are 'attractive' or 'got more on show' get more attention, and i think i certainly know who you're talking about, and yes i agree to an extent. but i think you need to cut some people some slack, my costume is probably considered 'a little risque' and i did get alot of attention, but that was certainly not my intention. most game/film/comic characters have outfits like that! i can assure that even though i might not look it, im the biggest nerd. so it would be nice not to stereotype everyone! :)

Thanks for posting the pics Jerri-Kay! I'll get some of my pictures of other cosplayers up soon. They're all on facebook as that's easy to upload to but I don't keep my albums public so I'll photobucket them for here.

In response to the Pretty Ladies in Costume attention getting thing, it's such a difficult topic to get a handle on really. I quoted Jerri as I totally agree with her on not stereotyping people. In "everyday life" people who don't know me are surprised when they realise what a geek I am. People consider me attractive and for some reason geek + attractive doesn't seem right to people. So, of course, when I decide to Cosplay, and I try to make the outfits as accurate as possible, I get attention. It's hard because if the character's costume is revealing then if you make it less-so you're not getting the details right, and I like to get the details. But then you have to decide how comfortable in your skin you are and if you want to try and make it slightly more modest.

I was Batwoman on saturday afternoon which is one of my favourite costumes because I love the character. Originally I was worried about wearing a skin-tight catsuit for it as I didn't want to feel flabby all day but I actually find it pulls me in so I don't mind. lol

I was The Other Jessica Rabbit cosplayer on sunday and I got a lot of attention, mainly from men, which is to be expected. Attention IS flattering but it's not why I cosplay. I've actually loved Jessica Rabbit since I was a kid and so it's been a life-long need for me to dress as her. I'm glad I finally got the chance. But I did it for myself more than anyone else. But yes, it's a balancing act between being aware you're GOING to get attention when you dress like that and being flattered by the polite people who want pictures, to dealing with the idiots who want a picture with a "hot lady" and go too far. *cough*skeevey EC employee who wouldn't stop asking me to kiss him on the lips in a picture even after I explained that was my GIRLFRIEND taking the picture for you, translation: I'm gay and even if I was straight, no.*cough*

Annnyway, yes, there are girls out there that I'm sure do it for the male attention. But the majority of attractive female cosplayers I know do it because they're also massive geeks and the attention (when from nice people) is an added bonus.

No explanation for cosplaying is needed! I think you have got the wrong end of the stick.

If an attractive woman wants to dress up solely for attention, fine.

If an attractive woman wants to dress up because they are a 'geek' and enjoy it, fine.

Whatever the motive, in either case said lady is usually easy on the eye so what do I care?

All I was saying was if I were the attractive lady, the inevitable gawks I would get from the more 'stereotypical' (male) convention goers might give me pause.

Edited by Dent_1

I saw really good cosplayers of Nightwing and Hatake Kakashi on Saturday. Did anyone get photos of either character? I completely forgot to ask if I could take a photo of the guys cosplaying them because it was very busy at the stalls and I just kept on walking ^_^;;