Auto's or photoshoots

I try to go both.

This means I might only be able to afford 1 guest unless their is somebody I REALLY want to see.

I wouldn't get a photo WITHOUT an Autograph or a Talk. If I've not got a memory to link to the picture I see no point in it. Which is why I love my picture with Karen and Alex as I asked them both which biscuit they would be and that memory will stick with me forever, and I've got a picture to remind me.

Edited by Dan2593

For me, autographs. I hate my face in pictures, can never seem to show an expression of smiling. I get photoshoots with the odd guest like Karen Gillan (which I look rubbish in but compared to her who wouldn't), but for me the autograph from her contains the memories of getting up at 4.30 am to catch a train at 5.30 to queue from 7 with friends and us all going through together and being both really excited about meeting her but nervous at the same time. Don't get that with a photoshoot ticket that I purchased about 2 months ago.

Autos definately, as well as a photo at the dest when possiable. I find autos a bit more personal and are a good thing to collect. Plus you can get nice messages on them which make your day sometimes and have a chat for a bit.

That said, I do get photoshoots to but only a select few unless it's a specific weekender like Hallowhedon, then I'll get photoshoots with all of them usually.

I hate my face in pictures, can never seem to show an expression of smiling.

As much as I like getting photoshoots, eight times of ten I find that the end result is nobbled by my inability to smile naturally in these pictures. I dunno why I put myself through the torture, to be honest. I look at the other pics all laid out at the collection point, and everyone looks so relaxed and happy.

I've tried all kinds of tricks to join them, from simply forcing my mouth to upturn (which looks false as my eyes aren't smiling), to thinking highly amusing things (difficult to conjure much up at the time), to imagining my trousers falling down at an inopportune moment (the jury's out on this one - it's a work in progress).

It doesn't help that I have one of those faces that looks miserable even when I'm full of joy (my teenage years rang to the sound of "cheer up, it might never happen"). My best photoshoot pics have usually been the result of a guest cracking a joke just before the shutter goes. I always appreciate their efforts.

For me, autographs. I hate my face in pictures, can never seem to show an expression of smiling. I get photoshoots with the odd guest like Karen Gillan (which I look rubbish in but compared to her who wouldn't), but for me the autograph from her contains the memories of getting up at 4.30 am to catch a train at 5.30 to queue from 7 with friends and us all going through together and being both really excited about meeting her but nervous at the same time. Don't get that with a photoshoot ticket that I purchased about 2 months ago.

I actually did get that sense of excitment and nerves even with my gold pass and photoshoot ticket from ages ago.

I've done the queue for hours thing with friends in the past for gigs and stuff and I appreciate that it can be a really good experience but I still thoroughly enjoyed the build up to this event and the buzz when it all started. I got all silly waiting for Karens photoshoot (stupid at my age) and completely forgot to hide my pass and then when I didn't hear Malcolm telling me to leave I just stood there holding her for a bit longer than I should have until I heard him say next one in. Then I came to my senses and made a hasty exit. I think I was hoping he would need to take another one but it gets us all in different ways I suppose.

I'm hooked on photos now, it really adds to the whole experience for me and I regret missig on this in the past, not that I could afford it. But I still go for the autographs too. Just need to think about how to display/store the photos.

For me, autographs. I hate my face in pictures, can never seem to show an expression of smiling. I get photoshoots with the odd guest like Karen Gillan (which I look rubbish in but compared to her who wouldn't)

Ditto. I hate having my photo taken, I don't think I look good in photos (or at all lol), and I can never smile for photos. For these reasons I have never bought a photo shoot, until Karen came along :P In my photo with Karen there is a hint of a smile, but it still could've been much better. Her side of the photo is definitely my favourite half :P

For me, autographs. I hate my face in pictures, can never seem to show an expression of smiling. I get photoshoots with the odd guest like Karen Gillan (which I look rubbish in but compared to her who wouldn't)

Ditto. I hate having my photo taken, I don't think I look good in photos (or at all lol), and I can never smile for photos. For these reasons I have never bought a photo shoot, until Karen came along :P

I rather feel like that too but the opportunity to get a nice professional photo and have that extra contact/interaction with the guest is too good to pass up. I finally did my first one recently at CM17 with Tony Head and I got 9 at LFCC. Actually look ok in some of them but it's good memories and I'm already enjoying looking at them (even if it does mean looking at me).

I rather feel like that too but the opportunity to get a nice professional photo and have that extra contact/interaction with the guest is too good to pass up. I finally did my first one recently at CM17 with Tony Head and I got 9 at LFCC. Actually look ok in some of them but it's good memories and I'm already enjoying looking at them (even if it does mean looking at me).

Looking at my Karen photo actually makes me happy, probably the only photo of myself that I like looking at though. But then that's because it reminds me that we had our arms wrapped around each other :P So yes, definitely good memories :P

Looking at my Karen photo actually makes me happy, probably the only photo of myself that I like looking at though. But then that's because it reminds me that we had our arms wrapped around each other :D So yes, definitely good memories :P

Well that's what it's all about and I know exactly how you feel. But then I have my Lea Thompson one too and I'll never forget the way she jumped up and down and waved when she saw me second in the queue as we'd only just had a great chat at the desk and then just threw her arms round me for the photo :P Plus my Christopher Lloyd one with the car as it's 'Doc' and a Delorean and it's fab too.

Can't decide how to display or store them though. Sorted for all my autographs but these photos are new and I'm not sure what to do with them. Nice problem to have though I guess.

Well that's what it's all about and I know exactly how you feel. But then I have my Lea Thompson one too and I'll never forget the way she jumped up and down and waved when she saw me second in the queue as we'd only just had a great chat at the desk and then just threw her arms round me for the photo :P

That sounds great :P

Well that's what it's all about and I know exactly how you feel. But then I have my Lea Thompson one too and I'll never forget the way she jumped up and down and waved when she saw me second in the queue as we'd only just had a great chat at the desk and then just threw her arms round me for the photo :P

That sounds great :P

Oh it was. I have the same name as her husband which she thought was great. And I know she was kinda like that with pretty much everyone but it was a wonderful few moments with someone I used to skip classes (occasionally) to go and watch in BTTF. Confessed that to her too and she loved it.

I still can't quite believe how great this event was. Seriously boosted my autograph collection but got some great photos too.

i go for autographs i am a big bloke and never like myself in pics never even used to get over the table pics until billy boyd asked if i would like a pic

when i said i dont look good in pics he said something like you will look fine jumping up next thing i know i am stood next to him for a pic , since then i have had a few pics with me in but i can never justify in my head why i would want to pay for a pic with me in it

a nice pic of them that i can get signed next time maybe