Auto's or photoshoots

I like photos I love my one with Alex but I felt when I got my auto I was able to spend more time with her and like she actual noticed me for a spilt second if that makes sense?

And like she thought of what to write and commented on what I had brought to sign etc

So I like auto's more in that cause but if it is just a quick sign I guess I like photos more :)

photos, for many reasons, mainly cos they are nice to remember the time and the guest, I mean how cool to have your pic with someone famous, and also talking to guests at the desk im not so hot at, Im very shy, get nervous and if I speak I usually mess up. bit like when I talk to women I like :-(

photo shoot every time for me.

I like to get autos and a photo at the table if possible. I made an exception for Chris Lambert as he's very special to me and had a photoshoot too. A proffesional quality photo that i can treasure. It's just a shame that it was so rushed and i didn't get chance to ask for a hug but i did get his arm around me and i did lean in towards him, so that's enough for me. :thumbup::thumbup:

I only go for autographs as I normally can't afford both and to me, autographs are more precious.

I have never had a photoshoot but would definitely consider it if a certain guest attended (Rik Mayall or Young Ones group shot).

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

I'm more into autographs as i feel they more personal then photoshoots as if they signed something just for you whereas if i had a photoshoot i don't think i would have that exact same feeling, although the good side of the photoshoots is that its a better proof that you met the person and is a better reminder of your time.

I prefer photos as it's more personal and I can show people that I met them (autos can easily be faked!) but I will always get an autograph as well, as I like to talk to the guests and you can't do that in a photoshoot.

I'd happily pay for 5 minutes of chatting time rather than an autograph to be honest!

Autographs primarily and partly down to not having the money in the past and not liking photos of myself which if you see the ones I've put in the photo thread you might understand, not a that photogenic. But I'm a new convert to the photoshoots and loved the experience even though it's brief. Who couldn't love having Karen or Lea crushed up next to you with their arm round you :thumbup:

It is more money and I didn't get a photo with everyone I met but I'll certainly continue to get them in the future.

I like to get autos and a photo at the table if possible.

Me too. Autos first as that is what started it for me. But a photo with the guest is a very big part of the experience for me - though I much prefer to have them at the table with my own camera. There is a big number of guests this weekend I would not have met, had they not allowed photos at the table. I often observe the guest first to see if others are allowed photos at the table before joining their queue. Only if a guest is important enough for me to warrent a photo shoot (or if she is lovely enough :thumbup: ), will I go down that route.

yep a plus point is if they remember you frm the signing desk in the shoot, or from a previous shoot recently close to this one.

but doing both is far to expensive regardless if you want to, (unless u are only into a small amount of shows)

I got 2 photo shoots and a desk pic/auto with chase masterson at MK in may, I say her union jack flag print and couldnt resist, in the studio on the monday she said hi again, remembered me and asked how many photos with her this was now lol

It's great to have a photo, either an official one or at the table to help you recall the memory of meeting the guest.

I think my mindset has changed over time, many years ago I would definetly have said auto, but now I'm equally happy getting a photo, so in an ideal world both I guess.

I also like the chance to ask a quick question if I can as this really adds to the feeling that you have actually met the guest and interacted with them.

Id probably say autos are my priority, as id rather get an auto with someone before a photo, though if ive already met them before, I go for photos.

Like this time, I met Shawnee Smith at another event, got a sig but no photo, so this time just had a photoshoot.

Whereas Tom Sizemore I got an auto from, but no photo, as the autograph was more important in my mind.

So depends on the guest really.

i love getting photos and autographs i just wish i didn't get a total brain wipe when i meet guests.

once i walk away loads of stuff i could of said pops into my head but when i'm standing with them nothing. if anything it's usually something stoopid :uhoh:

example: when getting my 2nd auto from robert knepper he remembered me and i said.....i'm a stalker now silence and an oh. i laughed like a loon and then said no it's just been so nice meeting you i had to get another autograph thankfully he didn't suddenly remember he'd left the iron on and run off :huh: he just said aww i did then manage a sensible sentence Doh!

Edited by kinkbunny

I always go for autos as I now have a lovely collection framed on my wall, however it's always nice to have a picture too as it adds authenticity. A couple of my autos are quite rare so if anyone asks 'did you really meet them???' you can then say, yes, and here's the evidence!

Regarding autos though, for me they HAVE to be personalised. Otherwise I'd just feel like I was buying an investment or item of merchandise rather than a memory of meeting that person. Might as well just get them on ebay if that's the case, and whilst I know they're probably not worth as much I don't ever intend to sell them so it doesn't matter. If I can't get a personalisation then I'd go for a photograph instead.

I like to do both really, with the autos I like the time you get to spend chatting with the guest and obviously it's a plus point if they do desk photos, yet with the photo shoots it's a more official way to capture the fact that I met someone famous!!!! :huh:

Generally if my budget doesn't allow both though, I lean more towards the photoshoots, this weekend I was fortunate to be able to do both, with the exception of Corey but that was more down to time constraints!!!

I've gone off getting photos a bit, didn't get any at this show...at the desk or photo-sessions.

I'd rather just have the auto of a guest I could put on a poster and eventually display somewhere, although I'm sure there are some guests I would just get a photo with since I don't have anything to get signed.

I'm going to go for autographs because I much prefer meeting the guest and getting to have little chat with them.

The photoshoots are a nice souvineer

But with that said I only really meet a small handful of guests at each con, the ones that appeal to me so I always opt for both autograph and photoshoot.

i love getting photos and autographs i just wish i didn't get a total brain wipe when i meet guests.

once i walk away loads of stuff i could of said pops into my head but when i'm standing with them nothing. if anything it's usually something stoopid :P

Right there with yer. This year I was so determined to not dry up and have topics of conversations for all my must-see guests that I researched IMDb to remind myself of all the stuff in which I'd seen them, drew up an Excel spreadsheet with those appearances so I'd have it to hand on the day (not to mention the stuff I knew I wanted to say anyway!) and did I use any of it? Did I, heck! The conversations I had with those people with whom I did manage to string more than two words together were about different subjects entirely. Very sad. :huh: Although those conversations I did have were great, so I guess spontaneity is still best...

This is another reason why I prefer photoshoots. I can manage a grin and a, "Hi!" in those, no problem at all.

This was my first convention so I got autos. and a couple of photos. The photoshoots that I went for (Karen Gillan and Alex Kingston) felt too rushed, and whilst my photos are ok I have a feeling that setting up a 60 second countdown per photo would've been better than 'run in, photo, run out'.

So, in the future I'll just stick with the autos. as you get to talk with the guests a little, and they engage on a more personal level than the 'blink and you'll miss it' photo shoots.

I don't really bother with autographs anymore, I've been doing cons for years now and have piles of autographed 10x8s that I've never done anything with. I much prefer getting photoshoots done now as I knowing I can look back on the photo in years to come and see that I really was standing next to them at that moment :thumbup:

Photos for me

Ideally I like getting my autographs personalised, have time for a quick chat and get an over the table photo - but with a lot of the guests I want to see now that isn't possible as they're not doing photos or not doing personalisations - so photo shoots are a better option for me. I still do both, but I do more photoshoots now than get autographs.

B)-->

QUOTE(king b @ Jul 12 2011, 10:20 AM) 1669920[/snapback]

I'm more into autographs as i feel they more personal then photoshoots

i second that! You get more time with the guest and if you`re lucky, you might get to speak to them rather than the quick "hi, thank you bye" at photoshoots. I do make the exception if they`re a guest that i`m a huge fan of, but generally autos are cheaper and (not that i ever would but i know some people do) you can resell them at a later date.

plus i don`t really like the way i look in photos lol!

I prefer autographs mainly because I hate having my photo taken. Plus (in most cases), you get more time with the guests and are able to chat with them.

Though there is one exception so far. If I could go back in time and only choose either a photoshoot with Karen, or an autograph from her, I'd go for the photo, but that's purely because I can't get a hug during an autograph lol.