Did you just get auto's and photos of peope you like

I generally only meet people I'm really interested in, but this year I made a list of everyone I HAD to meet and a list of those I'd like to meet if I had the time/money.

Same here.

To be perfectly honest I only ended up meeting 3 on my maybe list due to a last minute decision to get 3 Karen autos rather than just the one lol

I ended up only doing 1 on my maybe list in the end as I decided to go and get Karen to sign the print we got at the talk and that was really my limit. And for once I had the will power to stick to it.

I really see the benefit of the photoshoots now and will certainly be doing more. I love the autographs and having the chance to chat to the guest but the photo has really expanded the whole experience for me. Especially when you're recognised.

So it'll definitely be a mix of the two in future for me.

i got 8 lea thompson, 3 chris lloyd got 7 when he were here last time, got a whole heap more, im nuts on bttf and have a rather nice collection of bttf posters so anybody from bttf im on it, and any other people im interested in i tend to get .... my moto is get em while you can because it might be their last signing in UK, however having said that i did see a lot of people getting Christopher lamberts auto and they were just getting loads of them for one reason TO SELL THEM ON .... bit sad really how people want to make these shows into a business!!!

Wow, that's amazing. I usually just stick with one per guest as there's so many people I'd like to meet and in some ways, just having one or two makes it feel more special for me. But I did get two from Christopher Lambert, Lloyd and Lea Thompson as I got a 10x8 and the BTTF and Highlander blu-ray sleeves signed. Couldn't miss that opportunity but normally I just go with the 10x8.

I always try to get them to add my name as I think it's more personal and indicates I'm not about to sell them on, that's if they're doing personalisations of course. I didn't on the blu-ray's due to space contraints but those won't be going anywhere either.

So to answer the question, I only meet guests who's work I really like.

I think we're on the same page. If I got autos off everyone from any show/movie I've liked I'd be blowing hundreds of pounds at each con, and TBH if I had dozens of autos I doubt I'd ever look at them. As it is, I've got my signed shoots framed so I can see and enjoy them every day. But as you say, horses for courses: if someone loves the thrill of meeting dozens of their favourite stars over a weekend and going through their album of autos I certainly won't begrudge them the right to do so :thumbup:

At a convention like this where you have to pay per autograph then I think it only makes sense to get people you have an interest in. I frequently to Doctor Who conventions where a number of autographs are included in the entrance price though, so now have a collection of all sorts of wierd and wonderful people I wouldn't have got otherwise.

The only exception was Leslie Grantham at one of the MK Collectormanias a few years ago. I wasn't bothered about him but nobody was queueing up and he looked really miserable next to Adam West who's queue was huge. I think his auto was about £10 so I decided it wasn't a huge amount to spend, and went to talk to him and cheer him up a bit. I'm glad I did though as he was really lovely.

We only ever get autos or pics from guests we are interested in, on occasion, we have said "we don't want to meet such and such" then it gets to the day and then we say "well go on then!" (it happened with Robert Patrick at MK, and glad it did!)

There were several people i would've like to have seen but the main star for me was Christopher Lambert.

I'm more likely to see the other guests at future events than Mr Lambert so i didn't want to miss the opportunity.

Edited by YANOULI

We only ever get autos or pics from guests we are interested in, on occasion, we have said "we don't want to meet such and such" then it gets to the day and then we say "well go on then!" (it happened with Robert Patrick at MK, and glad it did!)

This usually happens to me, I went with a great idea and a simple list of who I was spending on and THEN I saw how pretty Charlie Bewley was and ended up getting his autograph and photo shoot with him, budget.......what budget!!!!! :poki:

I always just get autos off folk I like.

I used to get autos off the Horror folk with the Who stuff but now im strictly Doctor Who. 20 years ago I would have been first in the que for Clive Barker but I didnt even pay getting a sig no mind on Saturday. I did however have a quick peek at him though. Hes a legend.

I originally intended to get a joint Sylv and Sophie auto and sigs off the rest of the other Doctor Who folk but was so knackered after travelling by coach I just got Sarah Suttons & Louise Jamesons in the end whom I already have. I think by 10 a.m Id been up for 22 hours. I didnt even hang round for Karen Gillans number to come up. I managed to get her auto when I was in Cardiff last year so it wasnt the end of the world. Next time were getting the train and staying over as the lack of sleep, the indoor heat and the huge amount of people at the show was not a good mix.

Off topic I had a very surreal day, by 11.30 pm when our coach arrived id been awake for a total of 39 hours and had taken in the Doctor Who experiance, most of the sites of the Capital and spent nigh on an hour wandering round Convent Garden trying to find Forbidden Planet. Ive done that now, next time im doing the whole day at the Con.

Edited by WHO1

I have certain tv shows/ films that I focus on but I will meet people I'm interested in for all sorts of reasons. I'm not one of those who would go for people that have played stormtroopers in star wars or minor background characters for example but I'd never criticise those who do as they obviously get a lot from meeting those people and I'm sure they have interesting stories to tell too.

I met Trevor steedman as a free signer on the Friday. Probably wouldn't have done if i had to pay but I love Aliens and he was really nice and had some great stories to tell about. So I got a lot more than I expected. So you never know but generally with limited funds I'll stick to my main interests.

I'm pretty much exactly the same as you.

I have certain TV shows/films that I focus on, but actually at LFCC this year, I expanded to Doctor Who (Karen Gillan) and Star Wars (Kenny Baker and Dave Prowse).

I only meet people I'm interested in (unless they're free, in which case I'll get them anyway :P). I see no point in meeting people I've never heard of, or I'm not a fan of, just because they're famous. I'm also not interested in paying to meet really minor characters (such as Stormtroopers), but from attending Massive Events shows, I do know that minor actors from things can also be good to meet and good to listen to in talks.

I've never done the professional photoshoot thing, purely because I usually don't have the cash after getting all my autos. I've been going to cons since I was 8, so always been autograph driven. There's certainly a fair few I wish I could have got photo sessions with over the years though. Ahhhhhh well, hopefully they'll pop up again and I won't be after too many autos at that show.

I'm kind of the halfway house between Friends who think that meeting Famous People is out of their range and say stuff like "Wow, you met Angelina Jolie and Harrison Ford?" and those who are serious collectors who practically camp outside every West End Theatre Stage Door.

I dont have the money to keep going up to London to meet so and so, nor do I know everyones name or who they look like in the world of Showbiz.

Theres a number of People who I would either like to meet again or indeed meet... Although at Premieres or elsewhere they'll go into the Autograph Book.

With that said, I'll say that in February I heard from a friend that Lea Thompson and Christopher LLoyd were going to be at London Film and Comic and I knew right then and there that I would be definitely meeting them.

Heard that the lovely Shawnee Smith (I absolutely adored her silliness in Becker and was mainly the reason I watched it) was going to be there.

I've known of Kyla Coles work since last year and she was also a must.

And who could forget the announcement in May of Karen Gillan? A Policewomans outfit anyone?

Holly McGuire :)

And then on Twitter seeing Corey Feldman - goodness, I freaked when I heard that.

So, these Magnificient Seven were the only people I got Autographs and (in some cases) Photos.

In answer to the question, no.

That would apply to the Hellraiser cast (I never finished watching the film - yep - wimp :wub:), so not a big fan of the film, but, how often does the opportunity arise to have your photo taken with the cast?

Not very often for sure! But why would you want a photo taken with this cast when you don't like the film? :lol:

Edited by Dent_1