Did you just get auto's and photos of peope you like

I just wondered some people got so many

So do you just get people you really like? or just everyone because they are there?

I only got Alex, Joel and Mark because they were the only people I really really liked and I didn't have a lot of money. I only planned to actually get Alex but then I had to get the other two and I am glad I did, they were lovely.

I also got a Darth Vader one for my uncle.

And I only got Alex's photo

I only tend to get autographs from people who I am interested in, I know some people got Karen's autograph purely on the basis that she was a big guest.

I normally only go for the main cast too as I haven't got the budget to stretch to anyone that had a minor part in it. I would have to be REALLY interested in the film/show to get anyone that was linked to it.

I guess if you were an avid collector or a dealer than your views would be different.

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

I have certain tv shows/ films that I focus on but I will meet people I'm interested in for all sorts of reasons. I'm not one of those who would go for people that have played stormtroopers in star wars or minor background characters for example but I'd never criticise those who do as they obviously get a lot from meeting those people and I'm sure they have interesting stories to tell too.

I met Trevor steedman as a free signer on the Friday. Probably wouldn't have done if i had to pay but I love Aliens and he was really nice and had some great stories to tell about. So I got a lot more than I expected. So you never know but generally with limited funds I'll stick to my main interests.

I usually get photos and autos from people in whom I'm interested, be it for specific roles or a part in a show/film I really like. I don't usually go for people in minor roles (let's face it, the budget gets pretty stretched as it is), but sometimes I make an exception if the guest is not having many visitors and I want to make them feel appreciated - this has often led to some very pleasant encounters!

its all about the photo and talks for me, photo shoot preferably, but table pic otherwise.

I have started a doctor who poster for all major cast to sign but autograph wise aside that I dont really bother unless its included in the ticket. Im all about the photo. autos dont really interest me, recently started to do a few but wont be anymore. just my poster or included stuff. of course there are always acceptions to any rule. but the only time outside of my who poster ive purposly sought an auto, was from bret hart, as a kid he was my fav wrestler, so I got 2 off him and another at a book signing.

I like to meet guests I like from stuff I like, if I dont like them or not seen there stuff rarely will I meet them, unless they are too beautiful to not lol or someone like tyson, very famous, Im not much of a boxing fan, dont really watch it, prefer rocky lol, but I couldnt say no to tyson.

probem is I like a lot of shows and movies lol

Define "like" in this context.

I get autos from people whos work I am interested in. Not so much because I like the person. On a rare ocation I will get an autograph if the person is legend - though I couldn't be botered with Karen Gillan or Alex Kingston because I haven't seen anything they have been in.

I must admit though liking Lea Thompson is very easy to do - especially after this wehkend. She would be on the top of my list for any future events should I get a chance to meet her again - no mattet who else would be at that event. Anyone who missed her missed a truely amazing person.

I wish I had the money to spare to get every guest at a convention, but that's another matter entirely.

I only get the people I'm interested in. It would be a bit awkward going to get someone's autograph when you know nothing of their work!

I met 13 guests this weekend and I only get people I loved on screen. This LFCC's line up was too good to miss out on! One of these autos was free though (Jessie Cave).

I had 3 photoshoots too with my absolute favs (Karen Gillan, Shawnee Smith, Mark Sheppard) :D

Yeah some people just get lucky (and expensive) with line-ups and get loads of people from their fandoms attending.

I could of met way more than the people I did if I had the money. I had to limit myself to Doctor Who guests this time, and even then I didnt meet everyone I wanted to.

Having lots of fandoms is a gift and a curse :D

My problem is I like so much stuff that even getting the people I like is a challenge both in terms of time and cash !

In general terms I would only get actors or actresses that I admired or people from Films or TV shows that I am a big fan of at a show.

If I was going to a Premiere, I may get autographs more widely there, but then they are free, so that makes all the difference.

I only ever pay money out to meet someone I'm interested in, as I'm not into the selling autographs on malarky!!!

The only time I've ever gone up to someone I'm not personally a fan of is when I'm getting either a gift for someone or if one of my friends can't make the event!!!! :thumbup:

The only reason i get people who i have is because i like them in the stuff they have done which interests me or is my favourite film/show like vampire diaries, doctor who, harry potter, buffy, LOTR etc i wont for any other reason unless i had a friend beg me or wanted to treat a friend :)

Edited by Blonger

The only other guest I would have wanted to meet was Robert Knepper, simply because I thought he was great in Prison Break. I didn't really want anything signed though so missed him out. I would have gone to the talks but they were all pretty late on in the day.

I've only gotten 2 autographs (both w/ photoshoots), but LFCC was only my second ever con :smile:

The two I've got are Alex Kingston (at CM) and Mark Sheppard (at LFCC). In both cases, it's because I love their characters: River for Alex, and for Mark, everything I've seen him in (X-Files, BSG, Who). I wish I'd gotten Morgan Sheppard's as well, but I ran out of time at the end of the day. Fingers crossed he'll be back next year (and hopefully after another appearance as Canton the elder).

At CM I was tempted to go for Gates McFadden and LeVar Burton as I was a huge trekkie years ago, but it's been so long since TNG and I don't know any of their recent work. Same with Brent Spiner at LFCC. Similar story for Stephen Furst, Peter Jurasik and Walter Koenig: I loved B5 but it was so long ago. Though, if Jerry Doyle was there I'd have definitely gotten his.

Also, like Timelord said, for me it's more about the personalised approach. For a lot of guests I'd like to have a chat but don't really want to spend £15/20+ for the privilege. But, I'd feel rude going up to them without buying something, so I don't :YAHOO: What do other people do in that situation?

I've only gotten 2 autographs (both w/ photoshoots), but LFCC was only my second ever con :P

I've always had to be very strict with the money I've spent for a variety of personal reasons, some of which no longer are an issue.

It has meant I've missed some people I don't know if I'll get the chance to meet again but I had to make those choices and stuck to some very select "must haves".

This time I did go a bit mad by my standards and ended up with 9 photoshoots and meeting I think 12 guests, and getting a gold pass.

At CM I was tempted to go for Gates McFadden and LeVar Burton as I was a huge trekkie years ago, but it's been so long since TNG and I don't know any of their recent work. Same with Brent Spiner at LFCC. Similar story for Stephen Furst, Peter Jurasik and Walter Koenig: I loved B5 but it was so long ago.

Please don't let that put you off. They're fully aware of what makes them popular with different people and while they may be thrilled to meet someone who wants to ask about some other role or recent thing they've done I met all the Trek people you mention there at CM etc and they were really happy to talk TNG and I even learned some interesting things I hadn't known before.

I often do ask what they're doing at the moment as well if i don't know but just because you like them for something done a while ago musn't put you off.

I spoke to Shawnee Smith about Becker for example. I like some of the Saw films as I think they're a lot more clever than the standard horror fare but I'm not a big horror fan really. She had no problem with that.

And Lea Thompson / Christopher Lloyd know most people will want to talk about BTTF and talk Highlander with Christopher Lambert despite all the other things they've done since. I've never been made to feel like they're answering a question for the millionth time or anything like that.

Also, like Timelord said, for me it's more about the personalised approach. For a lot of guests I'd like to have a chat but don't really want to spend £15/20+ for the privilege. But, I'd feel rude going up to them without buying something, so I don't :thumbup: What do other people do in that situation?

You can't really just go up to them for a chat although some people seem to manage it. That's not what they're there for or what the event is about, you are really expected to buy an autograph.

I only did my first photoshoot at CM17 and it got me hooked as certain experts round here said it would. I hate photos of myself as I'm not very photogenic but these actually look ok and having that kind of close contact with someone, even briefly, has really added an extra dimension to the whole experience for me beyond just the autograph and chat and I'll certainly carry on with both now the bug has bitten.

I did want to get more but I just didnt have the money, If the show would of been this weekend I would of got all the ones I wanted as I get paid this week.

I got

Camille Coduri x2

Joel Gretsch

Lea Thompson

Robert Knepper

Robert Rankin x2

I did have a ticket for Karen Gillan but I had to go at a certain time so my number wouldnt of been on the board by that time so I had to leave her.

I was very tempted to get a photo with Karen Gillan as well wow she's a fox but I don't watch Dr Who so had a cold shower and decided not to give in to animal instinct.

So in answer to the question, yes guests I am interested in only also I have bought autos in the past before got home and thought - what did I do that for? ha

Stan xx

I generally only meet people I'm really interested in, but this year I made a list of everyone I HAD to meet and a list of those I'd like to meet if I had the time/money.

To be perfectly honest I only ended up meeting 3 on my maybe list due to a last minute decision to get 3 Karen autos rather than just the one lol

Having said that I still ended up with 15 different autos and 12 different photoshoots!

i got 8 lea thompson, 3 chris lloyd got 7 when he were here last time, got a whole heap more, im nuts on bttf and have a rather nice collection of bttf posters so anybody from bttf im on it, and any other people im interested in i tend to get .... my moto is get em while you can because it might be their last signing in UK, however having said that i did see a lot of people getting Christopher lamberts auto and they were just getting loads of them for one reason TO SELL THEM ON .... bit sad really how people want to make these shows into a business!!!

What are the possible answers for this thread?

a. Yes. I buy autos/phtos of people I like.

OR

b. No. I get autos/photos of people I don't like.

Assuming you're not picking up autos for someone else who on earth would do the latter?!? :poki:

I always find it a little odd when people say "I want to meet 20 people" and stuff like that, because for me I would think getting autos/pics from all and sundry would dilute the enjoyment I would derive from my collection of in-person autos/photos. For example I thought Robert Knepper was AMAZING in Prison Break, but I don't want his autograph. Christopher Lloyd petrified me as a child in Who Framed Roger Rabbit and was enjoyable in BTTF and Star Trek, but I don't want or need his autograph as nice a bloke as he may be.

To be honest I've found the talk about this LFCC being the "best line-up ever" etc etc all a bit much. I would never cristicise anyone's personal interests or reasons for meeting guests but nobody likes everyone or everything surely

For this LFCC I did a 340 mile round trip just to meet Brent Spiner and Veronica Cartwright. That's it. 2 autographs from Brent, 1 from Veronica and a photoshoot with each. I LOVE Star Trek the Next Generation and think Brent was part of a truly great ensemble cast, and the same can be said of Veronica who starred in one of my favourite films ever: Alien, and I enjoyed her work on the X-Files as well. Everyone else...? Meh.

So to answer the question, I only meet guests who's work I really like.

Edited by Dent_1