Apologies for those we had to turn away from the Masquerade

Firstly, we'd like to apologise to those who we had to turn away from the Masquerades due to not having enough space. We did our best to fit as many in as we could, but basic fire-regulations limited what we could do in that regard.

Having said that - we had about three-times the usual level of interest. The fact we turned a lot of people away on the SUNDAY was insane and just goes to show how the level of interest in cosplay has risen this year.

As many will be aware, cosplayers have gained a bad name in the past. We hope to show to con-goers that not all cosplayers are insane "free-hug" clutching trouble-makers and that under the right environment can be wonderful individuals who show an amazing level of dedication and skill to their craft and a very high level of respect and consideration toward other attendees.

We'd like to thank LFCC attendees, Showmasters and Jason for providing a platform to show the UK what cosplay is really about.

Edited by Animeleague

I think that Cosplay has come a long way in the past five years, it is now more of an artistic organised event, with more people making their own costumes and a great variety in themes. You have the sci-fi classics like Trekkies and Stargaters etc as well as Manga/Anime and Vocaloids. Not so much of the Naruto or immature effect any more which turned alot of people off with the glomping and free hugs signs that you get at other events. Groups, books and websites have helped to make it more of an interesting hobby than an annoyance.

I would also like to pitch in and say thanks to everyone who made my first time in cosplay a hugely enjoyable time. I was dressed as Rocket on Saturday, and the amount of attendees who were complimentary and loved the work I put in was astounding.

Also, to all the other cosplayers I met during the day, and the Masquerade, thank you! I didn't know quite what to expect from the event, and I didn't know whether there would be "cliques", but every one of you was great to talk to, and really supportive of each other. There was such a great feeling of community and respect. And I made some like-minded friends too! Yay!

I too lack sewing skills..but you did a great job with the Rocket cosplay! I try to cosplay characters where I can just alter already bought clothes...and when I do need to make them myself like Bleach or my latest panda cosplay...I just go for it then fix it up later.

Just remember..practise makes perfect :) or in my case...a little bit better lol

Edited by Azdeha