Sir Derek...Legend

Any good experiences with Sir Derek?

mine was utterly amazing, presented him with a painting i had done and then him and his P.A/brother? (does anyone know?) commissioned one, they were both fantastic...would love to meet them again :)

derek-auctionA.jpg

mine was utterly amazing, presented him with a painting i had done and then him and his P.A/brother? (does anyone know?) commissioned one, they were both fantastic...would love to meet them again :)

derek-auctionA.jpg

This picture was awesome - I remember you coming up - and both Sir Derek and David (his agent at this show) were gobsmacked at the art - as was I! I had to take a piccy on my Phone! Yep I was the crew member next to Sir Derek.

as said in another thread the man is a legend and incredibly engaging and humble... to quote another attendee!

Pooks

My God, that painting is absolutely brilliant! Sir Derek must have been so impressed by you. I got a little too enthusiastic, gushing about his stage and television work, and asked to shake his hand; think I scared him a little, but in a good way :D , but it was Sir Derek Jacobi afterall :P Absolute icon!

I think there was a post about him earlier but it's probably gone way down the list now.

Thought he was a delight. Quiet, unassuming, very humble but very warm and welcoming. I hardly knew what to ask him with such a tremendous body of work. I meant to ask about Gladiator but the remake of I, Claudius I'd recently read about came up and I asked if he thought he might be involved in some way.

He'd heard about it and said it wouldn't be with him and agreed with a smile when I said how could you possibly better the original? I said what an honour it was to meet him and how appreciative I was of everything he'd done and he thanked me very kindly and wished me well.

Said hello to everyone who came into the photoshoot too, though does look quite serious in mine but what a lovely, lovely man. Really was an honour to meet someone of that stature.

derek-auctionA.jpg

This picture was awesome - I remember you coming up - and both Sir Derek and David (his agent at this show) were gobsmacked at the art - as was I! I had to take a piccy on my Phone! Yep I was the crew member next to Sir Derek.

as said in another thread the man is a legend and incredibly engaging and humble... to quote another attendee!

Pooks

Hey Pooks, awsome i remeber you all well lol, it was a vry good experience, i did get a txt from David this morning, so all good on that, do you know if david and derk are related? might sound like a silly question but they both look alike! hehe

Hey Pooks, awsome i remeber you all well lol, it was a vry good experience, i did get a txt from David this morning, so all good on that, do you know if david and derk are related? might sound like a silly question but they both look alike! hehe

No they are not, at least i believe not:) This aprearence was Sir Derek's first experience of a large signing event and David was the one who arranged it with SM. All in all I believe he had a great time was very complimentary and really did not know what to expect. All day he had a steady flow but was never really crowded which I think was a bonus;)

No they are not, at least i believe not:) This aprearence was Sir Derek's first experience of a large signing event and David was the one who arranged it with SM. All in all I believe he had a great time was very complimentary and really did not know what to expect. All day he had a steady flow but was never really crowded which I think was a bonus;)

That's really nice to know. A few of my friends have been quite surprised when I've said he was there. They just see these shows as big sci-fi geeky things.

It can be a bit overwhelming I guess,especially for someone older if you don't know what to expect. There seemed to be a steady flow of people for him and a good queue for his photoshoot and definitely one of the many highlights of the weekend for me. I'm very pleased to know he enjoyed it too.