Action Figure Zone for 2012

O.k we have Artists Alley, Anime and Manga, Trading Cards, Nintendo, but how about an Action Figure Zone.

This would be great for kids and older Collectors to showcase new figures for current movies, like Green Lantern or Captain America.

As someone who will be bringing two boys with him for the near future they would love something like this and if you could have some figures that could actually be played with even better. My older boy really enjoyed the hands on drawing in Artists Alley and this would be a good addition for people especially with kids and there were quite a few there on Saturday.

It would also of course help the Dealers selling action figures sell as more as well, so perhaps they could be involved in sponsoring the area ?

Some of the shows in America even arrange to have special one off figures only available for purchase at the show.

Id like to see a separate place for the selling of action figures in particular Doctor Who figures. More specifically Classic Era Doctor Who action figures. Classic Doctor Who figures mint on card and with an undented plastic bubble. In a corner preferably.

Id like to see a separate place for the selling of action figures in particular Doctor Who figures. More specifically Classic Era Doctor Who action figures. Classic Doctor Who figures mint on card and with an undented plastic bubble. In a corner preferably.

I noticed a few dealers had Dr Who figures at the show, and one or two had put up the "Get signed here today" , but it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity. An action figure is a great thing to get signed for a Collector and seeing show exclusives or really rare or collectible figures at a show would be great.

I noticed a few dealers had Dr Who figures at the show, and one or two had put up the "Get signed here today" , but it seems like a bit of a missed opportunity. An action figure is a great thing to get signed for a Collector and seeing show exclusives or really rare or collectible figures at a show would be great.

Yes Id love a section with vintage figures on display too, say a Mego section or Action Man. I have a couple of signed WHO figures but they are tricky to sign what with the big bubble on the front. The Star Wars figures are great for autos. I have a couple signed on card and they look great.

why not ask each dealer what they have got and break the whole thing nto its own area, artists guests figures, framed items/photos

ect ect

then you know where to go if you want something to get signed at the event or if you are just looking for a specific type of item.

why not ask each dealer what they have got and break the whole thing nto its own area, artists guests figures, framed items/photos

ect ect

then you know where to go if you want something to get signed at the event or if you are just looking for a specific type of item.

Problem with that is that you get a lot less "passing-trade" since more people restrict themselves to specific areas.

Though at the same time it works both ways, since people will look more around the specific area they are in and makes it more convenient for them. In many ways depends on the type, I suppose.

Edited by Animeleague

Hot Toys and Sideshow have a stall and display at the SDCC (I think) every year where they showcase their latest and forthcoming products so its possible I guess. Only HT dont distribute over in the UK so it would be pointless for them. Forbidden Planet though on the other hand.