Gold Pass

Does the gold pass allow you to just pick up the photo of your choice and get it signed with no cost!

Skip que's, have any photo shoot of your choice and just do as you please.

Or do you need to pay for photos even though you have the pass

Does the gold pass allow you to just pick up the photo of your choice and get it signed with no cost!

Skip que's, have any photo shoot of your choice and just do as you please.

Or do you need to pay for photos even though you have the pass

It's all in the FAQ section but no.

For autos: it allows you to join the back of any queue without a VT - saves you having to rush for the big guests. You still need to pay.

For photos: You can join the front of any photoshoot queue regardless of your ticket number (and yes, you still have to pay).

For talks: I don't know about the paid talks (I think they're included, but not sure) but in the free talks the first couple of rows are reserved for gold pass holders.

Need to pay for autos and photo-shoots, but no need to VT and you get let in first at photo-shoots.

I think you get free access to the paid talks, unless that has changed.

Yep. I went with one and loved the experience and it really helped get things done for me. You get in the first couple of rows at all talks, even the paid ones (which you don't need to pay for).

You can join the back of any autograph queue at any time but still have to pay for the autograph and I think for Karen and Alex the first people in the queue were all golds as we just went straight to queue up but I could be wrong, the first few VT ticket holders might have been there too.

You also go into the photoshoots first if you're there before they start but still need to buy a ticket.

There was also a little area set aside with chairs and tables which was really nice. It just enabled you to get away from the crowds, sit down and shut out a bit of the noise for a few mins.

It's not cheap and maybe not even necessary if you only want to meet one or two guests but personally I found it very useful and I know others probably wouldn't have managed at all without it.

You do get an autograph pack too and I got a couple of nice ones I didn't already have in mine but also some I'm not really interested in but I suppose I could try and sell those and get some of the money back.

Might be nice if it included say one free autograph or photoshoot or even guaranteed personalisation for the busy guests but it is what it is and I'm glad I went for it.

Edited by Rockstar6662

You also go into the photoshoots first if you're there before they start but still need to buy a ticket.

And if you are not there when they start, you're just let in when you arrive. :D

I heard one guy who said he always waited untill about 5 minutes after the shoot had started, because then the other golds would be gone and he could just walk right up and have his shoot - actually quite clever way to do it.

Yes, £175. Expensive, but when you have a whole load of photoshoots and talks to attend? WORTH EVERY PENNY. If I'm ever in a situation like that again, I'll go for the Gold Pass again without hesitation, and every GP holder with whom I chatted was in wholehearted agreement.

(Mind you, I haven't looked at my bank balance yet after the weekend. *WINCE*)

Yes, £175. Expensive, but when you have a whole load of photoshoots and talks to attend? WORTH EVERY PENNY. If I'm ever in a situation like that again, I'll go for the Gold Pass again without hesitation, and every GP holder with whom I chatted was in wholehearted agreement.

(Mind you, I haven't looked at my bank balance yet after the weekend. *WINCE*)

I've just about finished paying for mine and the photoshoots. I've not needed it before but would certainly think of doing it again. It really helped and I've had an absolute blast.

i had a lot of photo shoots this year so i went gold and it was worth it for me i made the christopher lambert talk which was cool even plucked up the courage to ask him a question :)

the auto pack was cool im not much of a auto hunter well not yet :)

only couple of things i thought was a bit poor was the quality of the bag given to pass holders it was like a bag for life from asda.

and i really liked the chill out area but would it have been so hard to put a table cloth on the tables so i was not worrying about the bare wood scratching my stuff.

also not nessasary but would have been nice if there was a plug socket or 2 in the chill out room to charge cameras phones ect.

but all in all a great thing if you can afford it i will be buying it again.

Over the last two years I've used the three types of ticket for entry, this Convention was the first time I used Gold Ticket, I've previously thought it to be a waste of money, but I was so wrong. Easy entry to the hall, tickets can be bought without huge queues, I was no12 in the queue for Karen Gillan, and if I was squeezed for time between shoots and talks, I had my gold pass to assist (not that I used it all the time, I am British, after all) I was able to get so much more done, and my stress levels were so much lower.

There was a slight issue with the autograph pack, I wasn't on the list, so mine is to be sent out to me, but I was really impressed when I saw what it could contain.

I got Early Bird entry on all three days, I automatically had a seat saved for me at the talks, so my Gold pass was worth every penny.

i think gold members should be aloud in about an hour before every one else.... then about half hour later let the early birds in.... then 9pm let the pay on the door people in... the way it goes to day i dont see the point of gold and early bird

But surely if one of the advantages of the gold pass is being able to join any queue at any time, there is no need to be in before anyone else? You could just go straight in when the show opens then meet whoever you like.

But surely if one of the advantages of the gold pass is being able to join any queue at any time, there is no need to be in before anyone else? You could just go straight in when the show opens then meet whoever you like.

but is 175 pounds worth the few seconds of few minutes to be just in front of a person with out gold ? i want the gold pass and early bird to mean something!

Edited by DjxTheGame

but is 175 pounds worth the few seconds of few minutes to be just in front of a person with out gold ? i want the gold pass and early bird to mean something!

Both passes mean something.

With a Gold Pass you can join any queue at any time, doesn't matter if Virtual Queue Tickets have run out or not. Means you could have turned at 4 PM and would still have been guaranteed to see Karen or any other guest without getting up at crazy times to get a low numbered Virtual Ticket.

Most Gold Pass holders still show up around opening because they have photoshoots etc., but this is the main point of a Gold Pass.

And Early Bird does give you an entry time of two hours earlier than the standard ticket.

I am sorry to say that, but if you don't like or don't understand the system (we even had some actual Gold Pass buyers trying to get the advantages across) that does not make the pass types meaningless.

Apart from whats already been said above, for me the Gold Pass means I don't have to be up at stupid o'clock to join a queue...I can get up at a normal time and stroll in at opening, especially as I could pick up my pass on Friday night this year...made it even easier on Saturday!

i had a lot of photo shoots this year so i went gold and it was worth it for me i made the christopher lambert talk which was cool even plucked up the courage to ask him a question :)

only couple of things i thought was a bit poor was the quality of the bag given to pass holders it was like a bag for life from asda.

and i really liked the chill out area but would it have been so hard to put a table cloth on the tables so i was not worrying about the bare wood scratching my stuff.

also not nessasary but would have been nice if there was a plug socket or 2 in the chill out room to charge cameras phones ect.

I never used the chill out area! I didn't have time to stop on Saturday, which was brilliant. I did have a couple of quiet moments on Sunday so really should have stuck my nose in there.

Also, I spotted your photos and believe I was standing behind you in the Corey Feldman photoshoot queue. Hello!

for me the Gold Pass means I don't have to be up at stupid o'clock to join a queue...

For me, getting up at stupid o'clock and joining a queue means I don't have to pay £175. :huh:

both good points,

I went gold for this event, but it wasnt so i didnt need to get up early lol, id never pay near 200 quid just to have a lie in.

I went cos I had 20+ (26 at one point) photo shoots, a few autos (including karen) and some talks i wanted to get to. I was also on call that weekend as I work at the venue, so I felt I didnt have any choice,

is the gold ticket good? hell yes, it was awesome, is it over priced? hell yes. I wasnt to impressed with the auto pack included either. but thats not what I bought it for.

Id buy it more often if it was around 100-130 I reckon, though either way it will only be if ive got crazy amount of guests like this time.

without the gold this year I would not of got to everything, I would of missed quite a bit and been stuck in queues. it was so busy.

but 175, yer, I think its a bit overpriced. especially considering 1 of the 2 paid talks i couldnt get to cos photo A overran so I would of missed chris lloyd shoot or had to of been rude getting up in the middle of lamberts talk (which was only a few rows deep so it would of been noticed)

i think gold members should be aloud in about an hour before every one else.... then about half hour later let the early birds in.... then 9pm let the pay on the door people in... the way it goes to day i dont see the point of gold and early bird

The pay on the door people are still early birds.

for me the Gold Pass means I don't have to be up at stupid o'clock to join a queue...

For me, getting up at stupid o'clock and joining a queue means I don't have to pay £175. :huh:

And that's absolutely fine. I'd never criticise anyone for doing that. And it can be good fun chatting to people etc while waiting. But for some it's worth the expense. It is a lot of money but it really helped me out and I didn't have as much to do as some others but it did allow me to plan my days better and take advantage of some last minute autograph decisions without worrying about having a VQ ticket.

Different things suit different people.

I never used the chill out area! I didn't have time to stop on Saturday, which was brilliant. I did have a couple of quiet moments on Sunday so really should have stuck my nose in there.

Also, I spotted your photos and believe I was standing behind you in the Corey Feldman photoshoot queue. Hello!

Hello :)

If you want to have a chat and keep in touch my facebook is

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=743328834

Its good to keep chatting so at the next event if you come on your own there is always someone you see that you know.

just had a look at your pics i remember talking to you now :)

Edited by Sorock

For me, getting up at stupid o'clock and joining a queue means I don't have to pay £175. :P

Touche! :thumbup: I've just decided after 15 years of being a hard core con-goer to be a bit more laid back! lol

I wasnt to impressed with the auto pack included either. but thats not what I bought it for.

I tend to agree. In the past I have been impressed with the autograph packs, but not this time. I'm unhappy on two counts. 1) The actual autographs I received I had to google some of them as I had never heard of them...what happened to the premium ones once mentioned?? 2)The actually quality of the photo that had been signed. Quite poor for a couple of them.