Photoshoots in area C

on Saturday i had nearly all my photoshoots in C and i must say he is one of the best photographers that i have had! with every photo that i got in that area i really like the picture, the photographer seemed to know what he was doing and it wasnt rushed either which i loved :D because i actually had time to say hello to them and goodbye to the guests!! Usually its really rushed and you dont even have chance to say hello! also i thought the crew in that area where really nice to and helpful because i had clashes with photoshoots and they all seemed to help alot!

I dont understand why he has never been the photographer in photoshoots before!? i recomend him again!

Did anyone have any good encouters with guests in photoshoots? i loved Natalia Tena she was so funny in her photoshoots and she done different poses all the time!!

on Saturday i had nearly all my photoshoots in C and i must say he is one of the best photographers that i have had! with every photo that i got in that area i really like the picture, the photographer seemed to know what he was doing and it wasnt rushed either which i loved :smile: because i actually had time to say hello to them and goodbye to the guests!! Usually its really rushed and you dont even have chance to say hello! also i thought the crew in that area where really nice to and helpful because i had clashes with photoshoots and they all seemed to help alot!

I dont understand why he has never been the photographer in photoshoots before!? i recomend him again!

Did anyone have any good encouters with guests in photoshoots? i loved Natalia Tena she was so funny in her photoshoots and she done different poses all the time!!

The photographer above was Giles Golding and he will be made up by the comments you have made about his work and your experience (he will also probably come on here later and say so himself!) Glad you had fun in the photoshoot!

Edited by showmasters

Bam Bam's photo shoot was relaxed! I don't know what happened but the camera seemed to just give up for a while, which was great for me more time to just stand and chat with him.

I got about 2 taken before the camera had a spaz, but didn't get the photos back which I was a little disappointed about! Would of loved to of seen them as it was a great shot, but did get my Tattoo shot back which is looking good!

Giles is very good; he does photos at the conventions like Bitten and Hallowhedon, as you'll no doubt see if you visit his website.

I must confess I wasn't madly keen on the blue background (I like the tie-dyed one!), but no complaints about the quality of the photo; he does good stuff.

Yeah all my shoots from this area came out perfectly, and to be totally honest better than a couple of mine from area A!!!

All credit to this guy, I even got 2 Lea Thompson ones as he must have thought one wasn't good but they were both fab, I also got my best photo of the weekend (of me) from this one and that was with Stanislav, so a big big thank you!!!!! :D

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you to everyone who came through Photoshoot C. It was great working with all of you, and I'm very happy that you went away with photos that you like.

I'd also like to thank my fabulous crew, without whom none of it would have been possible.

I hope to see you all again soon.

Giles

Edited by Giles

Giles is very good; he does photos at the conventions like Bitten and Hallowhedon, as you'll no doubt see if you visit his website.

May see him at HW3 then. Nice to already know the photographer will be a good one there if it is him.

I must confess I wasn't madly keen on the blue background (I like the tie-dyed one!), but no complaints about the quality of the photo; he does good stuff.

Feel exactly the same. He took my Shawnee Smith and Lea Thompson ones. I was almost first for Shawnee and she seemed a little reserved or unsure about the whole thing but it was right at the start of saturday and it's a nice photo. I was second for Lea and we'd already had a bit of a laugh at her desk (I have the same name as her husband apparently) and she seemed excited to see me again so quickly and just grabbed me into a lovely hug.

Great pics but that darker background does make the whole image look darker. I too prefer the lighter mottled backdrop the other two were using, seems to give more flattering and less contrasty results. But as I said, no complaints with the efficiency and quality of the result.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I really liked the darker background and the lighting set up, I had a pale mint green top on and on all the other areas it looks almost cream whereas in this area it was the most realistic looking one that made my top look the green colour it should be!!!

I do also think there was a little bit more time and attention paid to each photo in this area and I believe that reflects in the quality of these pics, I appreciate it's hard for the other guy when he has to take upward of 500 photos in a short time but I do believe he goes a little too fast sometimes, my Robert Knepper one from Saturday is truly terrible!!!

May see him at HW3 then. Nice to already know the photographer will be a good one there if it is him.

Yep he will be there, but he will be taking the party shots in the evening and selling them there so attendees can have memories of themselves having a good time! Please come up and say Hi!

Pooks

Edited by Pooks

Yep he will be there, but he will be taking the party shots in the evening and selling them there so attendees can have memories of themselves having a good time! Please come up and say Hi!

Pooks

Ah right, thanks for that. I'm actually not a big party person and don't drink much. Think I'll feel a bit too old to mix it up with the partying youngsters (I'm 44). It's the one part of the weekend I'm not sure how much I'll get involved with but I'm sure I'll stick my head in and see what's going on.

I had several photo's too at "C" and have to say a really big THANKS to Giles.

I was getting my picture taken with Sophie Aldred, had my arm around her and she was so friendly, "Giles" then said "Can you move in a litle closer". Well, i mean, WOW, she rests her her head on my neck, im beaming ear to ear, he takes the pictures, looks at it and then says, "Umm, i need to take another one." By now im just living the dream!! I replied "Take as long as you want mate, i can stand like this all day", Sophie then ljets out the cutuest laugh and im still holding her, best picture ever, thanks Giles:)

Oh heck bless you at 44, my mum is celebrating her 60th at Bitten and she can outdo me in some of the parties, so I wouldn't worry about the age thing!!!!!! :huh:

Now that sounds like a challenge. Lol!

My party animal days are somewhat behind me but I'm sure I'll give it a go. There's no point in going and not at least getting involved.

Pooks

Thanks for clarifying that, Pooks - I should have said he takes photos at parties while Malcolm and Danielle still do the con photoshoots but I was so sleepy yesterday, I didn't notice.

And Rockstar6662, I'm 41 and not the only one in that age group, so don't feel you'll be surrounded by nothing but youngsters if you go to the parties. I don't know what the Radisson's layout is like, but the Park Inn at Northampton has two bars with seating areas outside of the main party hall, so you can always chill out and chat there instead of strutting your stuff on the dancefloor. :huh:

I have to agree, I was delighted with all of my pictures tbh, but looking back at the ones from area C, some of them were exceptional and are some of my favourite pics from the event.

In all honesty, all of the photographers were fantastic, honourable mention for the lady who was doing the shots for B aswell!

And ofcourse to the gentleman who was photographer for A (Malcolm I believe his name is?) he produced my favourite photo of the whole event, with Alex Kingston :D

All in all, I have alot of respect for all of the photographers, as the job is a hard one, and requires patience, dedication and consistency.

But yeah, seeing as this is a thread about Photoshoot area C, just want to add that my pictures from that area were amazing, top job and thankyou to Giles! If they can retain these 3 photographers for future events, then I'll know I'm guaranteed quality :D

Much appreciated and thankyou

Malcolm, Danielle and Giles are all awesome, yes :) Malcolm is always at the Showmasters/Massive Events shows, Danielle is always at the Showmasters shows and at the Massive Events shows if numbers are big enough for her to be needed as well, and Giles usually takes the party pics at Massive Events shows.

Edited by laurab1

I think you will find that photo area C had far less in numbers compared to photo area A , which is good for those getting photos but cant really be compared with the busier photo area A.

It is good however for Giles to have such good comments for his work .