thank you to the amazing crew

• Showmasters Admin

this weekend was a hard one for all the crew i saw it in you eyes it really was tough , you never let me down or the show you are the best thank you all so much .

we did not know it was going to be so busy till the morning that then it hit us how big the line was , you did your jobs and did them well , there is no show with out you and no one pulled out or gave up you just took it on the chin and made it happen , you all really good people and i want to thank each and everyone of you .

we had the odd crew member faint on us due to heat and work , and the odd crew member cry from exhaustion which was to be expected with over 200+ of you , buy you were all amazing .

we had first time crew members jumping in the deep end because of the numbers of people attending this year , i am sorry you had to work so hard this , thank you and i can tell you that next time if you would give us another chance you will have a much more fun time and a lot less work load on you .

from me and all of us here at Showmasters then you all so so much you were incredible :D

Jason :blush:

For me the interaction with the crew was good they where very helpful and one of the girls at A seemed quite intent on helping me get to all my photo shoots as they started to run behind shedule which was causing clashes.

Sorry I don't remember your name but thanks :-)

I want to thank everyone that I worked with which was pretty much all you guys and Gals. You all worked hard over the whole weekend! Then we got you to work hard breaking down the show all I can say is OMG for the number of tables and chairs we had that was fast work! So I want to Thank you all for that! And and extra thank you to the set up team volanteers and breakdown team.

Andrew Murray

Thank you to all the crew this weekend! If attendees must have been tired, then obviously you probably would've been even more tired! Special thanks to a lady over in photo shoot A who got me through Karen's photoshoot quickly so I could get to Marks on time!

• Moderators

Didn't particularly have any issues this time around, apart from a few crew members that didn't have the information I needed, but there was so much going on it wasn't too difficult to go find someone else to ask.

Particular thanks to everyone who was working at the Karen Gillan signing on Saturday. An insane number of people, a logistical nightmare in terms of signing in between breaks, photos, talks etc, and yet you were very successful in what you got through by the end of the day. I don't think many other companies could have managed that so efficiently.

Particular thanks to everyone who was working at the Karen Gillan signing on Saturday. An insane number of people, a logistical nightmare in terms of signing in between breaks, photos, talks etc, and yet you were very successful in what you got through by the end of the day. I don't think many other companies could have managed that so efficiently.

Cheers DB, but Ill have you know, not only did we blitz it and keep it on form, at 5.57 we went to OQ, a full 3mins for anyone to get into that queue, as long as you had passed the entrance to the booth ;-)

Idris and Stuart were instrumental in helping me with that (not to mention Debs, Yvie and Graham flying through and keeping a smiling face all the way through :-) )

Had a fantastic time crewing! Loved everyone I got to work with and meet over the weekend! I am beyond exhausted now, but it's always worth it! <3
The important question is....

This will be my first LFCC! Kinda count as a first-timer, I suppose XD

Looking forward to crewing it, though I can tell it will be a busy venue and day! Hope I don't get lost!!

....did you get lost? :D

• Moderators
Had a fantastic time crewing! Loved everyone I got to work with and meet over the weekend! I am beyond exhausted now, but it's always worth it! <3
The important question is....

This will be my first LFCC! Kinda count as a first-timer, I suppose XD

Looking forward to crewing it, though I can tell it will be a busy venue and day! Hope I don't get lost!!

....did you get lost? :WINCE:

hahahaha NO I DIDN'T! Granted I didn't get to move around much.

THOUGH! I did almost walk into the men's loos on Sunday cus I got confused and thought they were the doors to outside. :smile:

Yay me!

hahahaha NO I DIDN'T! Granted I didn't get to move around much.

THOUGH! I did almost walk into the men's loos on Sunday cus I got confused and thought they were the doors to outside. :lol:

Yay me!

Glad to hear it. The fact that you didn't get lost. Not the fact you walked into the men's loos. Sorry, almost :D

It was a fab weekend, crazy busy, amazing guests and friendly attendees.

Thanks to everyone I worked with all weekend, but Chantelle and Emily, I hope you see this, you two were simply stunning on Sunday, thank you for all your hard work :D

Thankyou for being an awesome PB! You helped me out so sooooooo much it's unbelievable! x

I was selling the entrance tickets on Saturday and our crazy long queue did not stop coming till around 3pm! Absolutely crazy! Had a bit of a quieter day on Sunday with Kenny but overall enjoyed every single minute and will definately be back to crew again! (If you let me :) )

I felt really bad having to keep bothering the crew with all my issues when they were so swamped, but I had so much on my plate this year I needed lots of help. But they were all great. Particular shout-outs go to the poor first-time crew member ferrying me back and forth between the photo desk, entrance desk and organizers' booth trying to sort out who should be refunding me for my standard tickets once I'd upgraded to Gold Pass, PB Allison for helping to resolve the same issue and also efficiently swapping my Sat Brent Spiner photo ticket for the Sun when it ended up clashing with Karen's talk and Chantelle for being the only one to notice I'd been standing at the photo table for a little while with a form for my photos to be sent to me (and checking it very carefully, which was commendable!).

But just about everyone I encountered was lovely. All the nice crew members who told me where to queue with my GP, all the smiley people greeting me at ticket, auto and photo queues (no special treatment for the GP in most cases as it was in my pocket, I hasten to add, just normal good service), the girl in one of my Photo B shoots who said I was obviously a pro at this for assuming a pose designed to keep flash off my glasses (although I managed to FAIL on the very next one :thumbup:)... I was there for doors opening for the first time ever on the Sunday morning and was most amused to see the door for the GP holders was being held open by none other than Jason himself. (I felt like a VIP!) I'm dreadful at remembering names and faces, so if I look at any of you guys without any signs of recognition next time, please don't take it personally - I really appreciate all you do!

Edited by CosmicAvatar

I wanna say thank you to the guy handing out the virtual tickets for the Alex Kingston signing. As a newbie I was a bit unsure what was to happen but he was very helpful!! Even spoke to him a few times during the weekend.

As I was a dealer there it was all busy busy so it was great to get a chance to chat with a few people, wish I had more time to meet some other people as I had a fantastic time!

Didn't particularly have any issues this time around, apart from a few crew members that didn't have the information I needed, but there was so much going on it wasn't too difficult to go find someone else to ask.

Thanks for that David.. Karen was a wee bit busy especially towards the end of the day when we were having to rush like mad things to get everyone through. Certainly wouldn't want to process that many people in that time frame every day of the week ;0