The 'What Dedications/Quotes Did You Get?' Thread

Anyone get any nice/interesting dedications or quotes along with their autographs?

Here are mine:

Trevor Steedman signed my Aliens poster and added his character name.

Veronica Cartwright signed my Alien poster and added her character name. Wrote 'best always' on a separate Alien 8x10 with character name too.

Michael Bailey Smith wrote "Its Breakfast Time!" on my The Hills Have Eyes poster and added his character name 'Pluto'.

Tom Sizemore put a quote on my Grand Theft Auto: Vice City poster..."Wherever I go, people die...all of them...I hope!"

The best thing was I didn't ask for any quotes on my posters so really made it a lot more satisfying that the guests asked if they could add stuff to it!

What did everyone else get?

On my Veronica Cartwright 8x10 she put: "Best always [sig] Lambert 'Alien'

Love it when the guest puts in the extras without being asked!

When it came to Brent Spiner he asked if I wanted it personalised, I said:

"Ordinarily I would but Patrick [stewart] doesn't allow personalisations when he attends these events so I need you all (the main cast of TNG) to match, so if you could just flat sign it please."

Brent was like: "Its in his contract not to personalise?"

Me: "As far as I'm aware."

Brent: "That's nonsense, he doesn't have a contract saying that! That's nonsense."

He then went to sign my second picture and asked my girlfriend "is this one for you?" again wanting to personalise. I told him it was for me and again I needed it flat signed. He seemed genuinely deflated I didn't want them personalised. He seemed a bit more placated when I told him I met him a few years ago and he personalised a First Contact poster (which as it turns out to be his favourite Trek film he worked on).

Brent's outburst made me think about who really decides on 'no personalisations' when it comes to guests. I don't think it would kill ANY guest to write "To ____" on a photo and leave it at that. I know the additional few seconds stack up but if people like Patrick are willing, and I have no reason to doubt this when he personalises through the mail, then why not let them?

If anything it shows the guest just how many true fans turn up to meet them and I'm sure would make them more inclined to turn up at a future event. If the likes of Shatner/Stewart end up thinking many attendees only meet them to make money off them (getting their autos to flog for inflated prices later) I'd wager the guests probably charge higher fees as they may not see the event as a chance to meet fans but rather an opportunity make money off each signature, 'just like the attendees,' which would be a shame.

I HATE a guest to think I will take away my flat-signed autograph and chuck it on eBay. Gates and LeVar also seemed a bit taken aback with the though of a non-personalised signature when I met them in MK. Should I blame Patrick, his agent or Showmasters? If Showmasters simply want to save time; get more people through; and therefore make more money - fair enough, it is a business afterall. I'd be fascinated to know who actually decides.

Nice that Brent cared, unfortunate I like consistency amogst my autographs. Can't fault the man. I even saw him adding a long quote to a fan's Independence Day poster.

I had:

Corey Feldman: To Alison Happy Birthday (Mine is the 12th!) love Corey Feldman

Brent Spiner: To Alison, Brent Spiner

Alex Kingston: To Alison, Peace!, Alex Kingston (I don't know if she was trying to tell me to shut it!)

Mark Sheppard: Alison, Love Mark Sheppard "Romo" in reference to the boxset he signed, Richard Hatch also signed it, although he took up the whole lid!

I got two signatures from Alex Kingston, one she put "hello sweetie" and the other "spoilers" which was just what I wanted and I didn't even have to ask!

However the best of the lot was Brian Tochi who signed a TMNT pick for me with "Cowabunga Dude, your pizza lovin pal Brian Tochi" he was really chatty and shared a few stories about recording dialouge with Corey Feldman, a thoroughly nice man and I hope he comes back again.

Alex put my name and "Spoilers Alex Kingston x" I didn't ask for that :P

Joel wrote my name and "Beautiful name love Joel"

Mark wrote my name and "Lots of love Mark" ;)

I got a auto for my uncle from David porwse I think that is his name and it wrote "To Keith David Powse is Darth Vader!" my uncle hasn't seen it yet but he will be happy :D

Here are a couple of 'different' quotes i got at this event:

Richard Hatch - 'Hey Tony, You got thumbed by The Hatch!'

Joel Gretsch - 'All my best, See you at ****** ***' (Sorry can't mention the actual words on here!!)

Mark Shepperd - 'Romo Day' (He wrote that on his actual birthday in my BSG Calendar)

Edited by TonytheCylon

Here are a couple of 'different' quotes i got at this event:

Richard Hatch - 'Hey Tony, You got thumbed by The Hatch!'

Joel Gretsch - 'All my best, See you at ****** ***' (Sorry can't mention the actual words on here!!)

Mark Shepperd - 'Romo Day' (He wrote that on his actual birthday in my BSG Calendar)

Is Joel doing another Event? I know you are not allowed to say like what he is doing but I would love to meet him again :D

Didn't really get anything special or different from anyone this time. A few "all the best's" etc, Alex put "spoilers", Karen put three X's on the photo and two on the big print we got at the talk. Veronica and Shawnee put their character names and other than Karen (for obvious reasons) the only things I didn't get personalised were my BTTF blu-ray booklet (Lea and Chris), my Highlander blu-ray sleeve and my Chris Lloyd 10x8 but to be honest I don't mind in the slightest. I have no intention of selling anything, it's mostly just a space issue.

I have had some great things in the past but I'm happy with my name, the sig and the photo in most cases. My only gripe - maybe one or two could have been better in silver rather than black (part of Christopher Lamberts name goes over a darker part of the picture i chose for example) but it's a minor point.

Sir Derek Jacobi: "To Paul"

Alex Kingston: "To Paul - Hello Sweetie!" / "Spoilers!" / "(River Song) Spoilers!" (on my River Song diary) :pyth:

Richard Hatch: "To Paul, So say we all"

Mark Sheppard: "Paul, Best Wishes, CED III"

Morgan Sheppard: "Paul, Best Wishes"

Karen Gillan: "Karen Gillan" (she then paused, looked up at me, smiled, and put " x x x ") :YAHOO:

Sylvester McCoy: "To Paul, Good luck!" (after I told him about a job interview I've got next week)

Sophie Aldred: "To Paul, love Sophie Aldred x"

As you might have guessed, my name's Paul :D

Edited by the Architect

Lysette Anthony - Best etc

Alex Kingston - Peace!

Joel Getsch - Best wishes & V is for Victory

Veronica Cartwright - Best always & Lambert "Alien"

Brian Tochi - "I'll take two of these!!!" Your Pal & Cadet Nogata Police Academy III & IV

Edited by A007

Sylvia Anderson - "To Mike, F.A.B."

Richard Hatch - "To Mike, So Say We All"

Alex Kingston - "To Mike, Hello Sweetie!"

Walter Koenig - "To Mike"

Sylvester McCoy - "Mike Hi!"

Mark Sheppard - "Mike, Best Wishes"

Brent Spiner - "To Mike"

Also got Christopher Lloyd and Karen Gillan autographs but obviously they aren't personalised. However, my best personalisation was on an autograph I picked up for a friend. He is a massive Highlander fan so was really jealous when he found out Christopher Lambert was attending. Anyway, he had actually proposed to his fiancé in Glenfinnan (like I said, massive fan) so I told Chris and got him to write "To Dave and Sarah, Congrats On The Wedding, All The Best" on the autograph. I saw him and gave him it this morning and he was over the moon :thumbup:

Can't quite make out what Mark Sheppard wrote, It said

Lindsay

(can't read the next word) love

Mark

From Richard Hatch

To Lindsay

Love

Richard Hatch

Capt Apollo

Anyone have any idea what the missing word could be on Mark Sheppards?

Edited by Lindsay