How do you feel the "special" photoshoots went ?

I've only seen a few Karen ones, but I'm quite disappointed. Much too close up, and it just looked like a backdrop than an actual three dimensional replica. I know you don't want it taken from miles away, but something at around waist height would have looked much better IMO, maybe with the tardis at a slight angle, showing it off properly.

One of my friends paid for the Chris and Delorean shoot, another paid £5 for the Delorean.

We all felt the £5 one was much better as you got a complete backdrop, use of props, and could actually see the car.

Maybe the Delorean one would have been better if Chris had been in costume and you got the full car. I was sure I read somewhere he would be in costume, but maybe I was mistaken.

The Tardis prop was pretty weak anyway, so I'm glad only a small section of it appeared in the photo (and I'm even going to Photoshop that a touch to make it look better).

I'm starting to feel a bit lucky about how well my single photo turned out. Is my eyesight going or is the Karen Gillan photo posted above not even in focus?! :D

I've seen a message elsewhere with someone saying their photo is out of focus too, that would have been awful because there's just no way to solve the problem.

About the DeLorean shoot, Christopher Lloyd's shirt actually was a costume I believe.

I'm perfectly happy with mine - I think the TARDIS looks really good, and I had a good amount of it and me and Karen in it. Also, I can see the TARDIS is a 3D prop rather than a backdrop as it's clearly seen at a diagonal in mine.

I also think it helped that I'm short and we were so close together. Also, I wouldn't have wanted a full body shot - I didn't even realise the TARDIS was going to be in the picture until after buying the photoshoot, and as I'd want me and Karen to be the focus, I'm glad we are.

meandkaren.jpg

Edited by lizzy88

the tardis prop, although a bit weak yes, I did like, regarding close up? im always one to prefer a zoomed out shot, but thats cos Im fat, so the closer the worse I like, also with further out you can always crop it yourself if need be.

K9, again I like it, shame the red light doesnt show up well, dont like how I look in mine but thats cos im like a giant next to them lol

the car, I didnt get, couldnt afford it after id already bought a solo shoot with him, they look much better than I had thought they would, I think if i had of got one mine would not of looked great, I might of looked like jabba the hut next to it, but iv e seen some, one in particular that is awesome, a buddy I met from this forum did the marty poster pose, and it looks amazing.

glad the backdrops were included, yes they all looked better than I thought they would. the tardis was a bit ropey though which might be why its framed as it is, but I like how they look, even though some ppls were a little (very slightly) out of focus which is a massive shame. but they still look ok

I've seen a message elsewhere with someone saying their photo is out of focus too, that would have been awful because there's just no way to solve the problem.

That'll probably be me - unless someone else has mentioned it on the forum too - though a friend at the show wasn't too pleased with the focus on one of his two Karen shots either. The TARDIS on mine is also showing just one window. Might as well be a garden shed (albeit a dark blue one). :D

I timed Malcolm taking Karen's shots, and he was averaging one every four seconds. This seemed way too fast to me. To take 400 photos in an hour, each should average nine seconds (though obviously there'll be moments of downtime to take in to consideration).

I'm usually pleased when I know that Malcolm is handling a shoot, but I feel he let me down a bit with this one.

My John Leeson and K-9 pic from photo area B is pretty good. I saw that the photographer there was having problems with the lighting for the first half dozen pictures, having to take multiples before she adjusted the flash set-up. I'd be interested to know how the earlier shots from that shoot came out.

Edited by MinkyKnights

I only had the special photo with Karen and the Tardis.

I admit, the photo isn't what I was expecting - I thought that there would be more of the Tardis in the shot.

But I'm pleased with the way the photo came out, and generally prefer photos of myself from the above the waist anyway!!! So although it wasn't as expected it wasn't a disappointment.

I'm glad Karen was stood in front of the backdrop, and me in front of the Tardis as in that dark dress she would have been lost in the Tardis if it were the other way around!

A good photo op for me.

The Tardis prop was pretty weak anyway, so I'm glad only a small section of it appeared in the photo (and I'm even going to Photoshop that a touch to make it look better).

I'm starting to feel a bit lucky about how well my single photo turned out. Is my eyesight going or is the Karen Gillan photo posted above not even in focus?! :D

About the DeLorean shoot, Christopher Lloyd's shirt actually was a costume I believe.

I got 2 at different times, my first is also slightly out of focus, I think it was an issue with a group of ppl at the start which is a big shame, but they still look ok, i might be more upset had I not of paid for 2 shoots) but yer is annoying and a shame.

no issues with the second, as I said i think it occurred to a few ppl at the start, so golds and the first lot of normal tickets?

Edited by timelord81r

I'm starting to feel a bit lucky about how well my single photo turned out. Is my eyesight going or is the Karen Gillan photo posted above not even in focus?! :lol:

I got 2 at different times, my first is also slightly out of focus, I think it was an issue with a group of ppl at the start which is a big shame, but they still look ok, i might be more upset had I not of paid for 2 shoots) but yer is annoying and a shame.

no issues with the second, as I said i think it occurred to a few ppl at the start, so golds and the first lot of normal tickets?

Very lucky you have a "reserve" shot to compensate for the blurry one!

I attended the event solely for the shoot, and it was a birthday present for someone; if the print had come back blurred I would have been absolutely horrified. It may just be a few people out of hundreds who got a bad picture, and maybe they don't mind about it for some reason, personally I think getting a photo that's in focus shouldn't be too much for them to expect!

I'm starting to feel a bit lucky about how well my single photo turned out. Is my eyesight going or is the Karen Gillan photo posted above not even in focus?! ;)

Very lucky you have a "reserve" shot to compensate for the blurry one!

I attended the event solely for the shoot, and it was a birthday present for someone; if the print had come back blurred I would have been absolutely horrified. It may just be a few people out of hundreds who got a bad picture, and maybe they don't mind about it for some reason, personally I think getting a photo that's in focus shouldn't be too much for them to expect!

Think I'm lucky. My Karen photo looks great to me. I've posted it in the main photo thread but it looks sharp and I was near the front of the queue.

My Karen one is not as sharp as my other photos, but I think it would be a serious stretch to say it is blurry. As for my Christopher Lloyd one, I couldn't decide whether to do a pose in it or not, and actually only decided to go for it when I was two people away from the front of the queue, but I'm glad I did, as I think it came out great:

269444_10150326249327457_509562456_9736659_354969_n.jpg

My Karen one is not as sharp as my other photos, but I think it would be a serious stretch to say it is blurry. As for my Christopher Lloyd one, I couldn't decide whether to do a pose in it or not, and actually only decided to go for it when I was two people away from the front of the queue, but I'm glad I did, as I think it came out great:

269444_10150326249327457_509562456_9736659_354969_n.jpg

Great!

One of my friends paid for the Chris and Delorean shoot, another paid £5 for the Delorean.

We all felt the £5 one was much better as you got a complete backdrop, use of props, and could actually see the car.

Maybe the Delorean one would have been better if Chris had been in costume and you got the full car. I was sure I read somewhere he would be in costume, but maybe I was mistaken.

He was meant to be in the cowboy outfit from bttf 3.thats how it was sold I thought?

I only had the Delorean one but I'm very pleased with how it turned out, I also got 2 for 1 I suppose as the first one I think my knee gave out slightly as I crouched down, so I look a little wobbly.

I think for me there is just enough of the car in the shot as any further out and you'd struggle to see enough of CHristopher and yourself and anyway at the end of the day I know it's the Delorean and any BTTF fan worth their salt will know it's the Delorean, well worth the money in my opinion!!! ;)

Edited by ericsdonor

He was meant to be in the cowboy outfit from bttf 3.thats how it was sold I thought?

I'm not going mad then, thanks!

My friend was cross with me and kept saying to me "I thought you said he was supposed to be in costume?!"

I just kept saying I was sure that was what I'd read!!

Anyone know what happened?

Have to agree, was slightly disappointed in my Christopher Lloyd shoot. The £5 delorean shoot was money better spent!!! Also didn't really get the queuing system for the CL shoot. What is the relevance of the ticket numbers? I was one of the first people in the queue but one of the last to be seen purely because I bought my ticket a little later? I don't understand why it's not a first come, first served situation ( with the exception of gold passes) as with talks?

I'm not going mad then, thanks!

My friend was cross with me and kept saying to me "I thought you said he was supposed to be in costume?!"

I just kept saying I was sure that was what I'd read!!

Anyone know what happened?

I believe it was always promoted as a photo with Chris wearing the train and horses shirt from BTTF and the Delorean. I certainly wasn't under the impression he'd be in full costume. I just hoped that it wasn't going to be like a normal shoot with the two of us just standing next to the car or something. I thought it worked well with him in it and you kneeling next to the open door in order to get people through as quickly as possible.

Personally I'm very happy and if people are happy with the other photos of them in the car then that's great too.

I think the Christopher ones look great from what I've seen. A nice mix of enough car and a good shot of the guest and you.

The Karen one (which I did) seems very dependant on your height, where you stood and how close to her you were when it came to how much Tardis was in it and how good it looked in the background.

In mine you can only see one side of it (no signage visable) and I'm a taller guy standing with an arm round her but not really close.

The ones with the more (and better looking) Tardis in the background seem to be the closer standers and people shorter than her.

All came down to who was in the shot really it seems.