Amazement....

i know i've already popped up elsewhere but i've said it once and i shall tell everyone who listens to me whether they are interested or not LFCC was the most awesome weekend i have had in ages. if i could get stuck in one day right now i'd choose saturday. i had the most fantastic time meeting guests from shows i love too much.

i think the crew were awesome. the crowds were just as crowds always are all focused on what they were doing and what next.

if this is the standard we are to get in the future then i see showmasters name becoming even more widespread and lfcc will be one of the cons any geek in the now HAS to be at, the UK's san diego (which one day i hope to attend)

thank you x millions :P

It's a shame some people had really bad experiences at LFCC. I personally had the odd bad moment, one of which wasn't a big deal (a crew member snapped at me a bit, but I later realised it was because so many people were crowded round the photo session table and she was obviously overwhelmed. About 10 mins later, she took my bag before the Chris Lloyd shoot and was cheerful so it was all good. =]) but the others had to do with some of the attendees lack of deodorant, as well as some in the photo collection area (one 'gent' in particular when I went to get my Karen Gillan photo, after everyone around there was told to step back, pushed past me and my sister after we did this, started touching all the photo's and very nearly hit me and my sister in the face with his massive backpack. And he also smelt terrible. :D ).

Personally, though, I try to not think about that. I look at the two photo's I have and it feels worth it to me. I know some people had more 'issues' (probably not the right word, but it's the only one I could think of!) that me, but if I were you I'd try not to think about it too much either. Don't let other people's rudeness ruin your experience at LFCC. Especially if you met Karen Gillan, you lot have no reason to be sad. lol :P

Most of the crew I met this weekend were there charming normal selves and on sat I felt sorry for them what with it being so busy some of them had no lunch at all. Sunday I was running between photo a and b finding out the delays for people as there physically wasn't anyone to do it. As per there were a few that were just miserable and huffy but I'm sure too tall knows who they are and they'll disappear if its kept up the man knows.what he's doing .

Just a quickie to say thankyou to Dent_1 for your kind comments in the original (now closed) thread.

Cheers, and please say hi at the next event!

Kev

No worries Kevl! Credit where credit is due. I would have understood completely if you took me for a con man trying to skank a couple more photos and refused any more photos but you gave me the benefit of the doubt so what could I do but say THANKYOU!

(Sorry I didn't pick them up earlier and caused the confusion at the end, like I mentioned the gf had my bag so I had nowhere to put them and I thought it best to leave it until the end so I wasn't taking away from other fans selection. Very fortuitous that you walked by when you did!)

Cheers,

Luke

• Moderators
Seeing as crew members are unpaid volunteers I can only extend my admiration and thanks to those who give up their free time and especially to those who put in real effort to provide a good experience and make these events run smoothly.

I think this is something people often forget! We always try our best to help and make sure things run smoothly for everyone, but we're only human! At the end of the day we're doing these events because we love them too, and when things go wrong believe me, ALL of the crew do their very best at sorting it out quickly for both the attendees and the guests!

I'm not making excuses for anyone, I don't condone rudeness or any sort of unnecessary behavior, but please remember the majority of the crew are up very early on the first day of the event (I, myself, was up at 4am to get down to London on the Saturday morning) and we were all there until about 7pm on Saturday night. Jason has posted about the Crew and Guest hotel situation on another thread, so that wasn't ideal for anyone, but for those who don't know the details, and didn't get to our hotel until around 9pm and then we had to be at Earls Court for our Crew Meeting at 7:20am the next morning meaning we all had little sleep, and then had to continue to work until 7/8pm. All these factors, and things such as working such long hours with no real breaks and the fact of how busy LFCC turned out to be, add up over the weekend and this means if people seemed stressed or a little short-tempered, you have to understand why.

We all love working at these events - we wouldn't crew if we didn't - and when I come back on here, and read negative comments from people about some of the crew members it really makes me sad.

I just want to say a big "thank you" to all the people who I met over the weekend who were lovely and actually thankful for a fantastic Con! I hope everyone had an awesome time! And I wish the people who are writing these certain negative comments re-read what they're put and actually realise the crew do have feelings, and don't purposely upset or annoy you.

Showmasters don't mind constructive criticism, but what I don't want to see is people just writing hurtful comments about things they may not totally understand, or know about.

I certainly enjoyed LFCC, and hope to see you all at the next one! :)

People are often more inclined to give feedback if it's negative anyway. It's all looked at in perspective.

People most often do... We are often good on complaining when something is wrong but not good at saying how good something is when it is ;)

I have allready in another thread my thoughts of photoshootdistribution so I wont say anymore about that.

BUT since I think this is a good thread to say something nice about the event, I think best of all in my experience was the taking of the photos. AMAZING job you people behind the camera!

Also I think the lineup was excellent! :) I have nothing bad to say about the guests... They were all nice indeed, some VERY nice even :WAVE:

I noticed that having a big smile and a saying a hearty 'Hello how are you" helped tons! :) Some people have said that "they hardly said anything to me" well I have experience with this with this aswell, if you dont talk to them, they might not talk back... If they had a long day and are tired then some guest might not be as chatty. And also, many people standing in front of me didnt say anything to them, hardly even hello. Having many people like this might turn the spirit of the guest down.

Also my experience, comin up to a guest who isnt as popular as others, it even more important to start out with a hearty hello. Makes them feel more appreciated :) (I hope...)

So my tip for next time people see a guest, start out with a hearty "HELLO!" :)

Edited by Wondermoose

People are often more inclined to give feedback if it's negative anyway. It's all looked at in perspective.

People most often do... We are often good on complaining when something is wrong but not good at saying how good something is when it is :D

I have allready in another thread my thoughts of photoshootdistribution so I wont say anymore about that.

BUT since I think this is a good thread to say something nice about the event, I think best of all in my experience was the taking of the photos. AMAZING job you people behind the camera!

Also I think the lineup was excellent! :) I have nothing bad to say about the guests... They were all nice indeed, some VERY nice even ;)

I noticed that having a big smile and a saying a hearty 'Hello how are you" helped tons! :) Some people have said that "they hardly said anything to me" well I have experience with this with this aswell, if you dont talk to them, they might not talk back... If they had a long day and are tired then some guest might not be as chatty. And also, many people standing in front of me didnt say anything to them, hardly even hello. Having many people like this might turn the spirit of the guest down.

Also my experience, comin up to a guest who isnt as popular as others, it even more important to start out with a hearty hello. Makes them feel more appreciated :) (I hope...)

So my tip for next time people see a guest, start out with a hearty "HELLO!" :)

Good advice. I appreciate everyone's experience is different but I always go up to a guest with a smile, a hello, how you doing or welcome type thing. And I always try to leave with a thanks for coming, really appreciate meeting you or somesuch. Yeah it's a cliche and they've probably heard it hundreds of times during the day but I always get an appreciative response back, it's just being polite but helps make my experience better and I get the feeling the guest appreciates that acknowledgement too.

I'm not trying to undermine those who have had issues etc but that kind of attitude has gone a long way to give me some great experiences.

i usually don't complain about other peoples posts here, actually i don't think i have ever done it. it is upsetting me slightly though all the mention about people needing deodorant and people saying people smelled really bad.

can i just say on my part that is a rather rude and mean thing to post here and also, were these people NOT at the same convention? i myself brought with me a very strong antiperspirant and sprayed as much as i could on every half hour and i still stank to high heaven because of the overwhelming heat in the hall and my heavy costume. so it was not under my control if i smelled bad.

so please be a bit more considerate with these *wow..some people seriously needed deodorant...or have people never heard of deodorant?* i just found that a tad bit offensive.

We only had 3 problems with 2 crew persons and thats because they were bolshy for no good reason and one had, to put it diplomatically, a totally unsuitable personality to be doing something like that and upset myself and my partner during 2 seperate occassions when we were alone. We had one major problem though and that was an attendee that thought it was acceptable to spit on the back of my head and then repeatedly kick and rock my wheelchair until I blew up at him that is.

Apart from that we found the crew to be quite good as usual, especially the seasoned vets and even some of the noobs were very good.

We only had 3 problems with 2 crew persons and thats because they were bolshy for no good reason and one had, to put it diplomatically, a totally unsuitable personality to be doing something like that and upset myself and my partner during 2 seperate occassions when we were alone. We had one major problem though and that was an attendee that thought it was acceptable to spit on the back of my head and then repeatedly kick and rock my wheelchair until I blew up at him that is.

Apart from that we found the crew to be quite good as usual, especially the seasoned vets and even some of the noobs were very good.

oh my god!! what a... ok I can't type what I want here but I have many horrid names for that..thing! I have spent a while in wheelchairs myself and know how some people can be towards you but this is just shocking! I hope you reported them right away and they got there ignorant stupid ass kicked out right there and then!

We had one major problem though and that was an attendee that thought it was acceptable to spit on the back of my head

You what?!!!!! Seriously? What a totally common little lowlife. My father-in-law, a man I loved dearly and looked at as a pseudo father figure, spent his last few years in a wheel chair, so my wife and I are aware of alot of the difficulties and do tend to be rather defensive of such ones. If I had seen such disgusting behaviour, I would have been hard pressed to keep my hands off him.

I would, at the very least, made certain, in VERY LOUD terms, that everyone around him knew what a despicable thing he had done.

We had one major problem though and that was an attendee that thought it was acceptable to spit on the back of my head and then repeatedly kick and rock my wheelchair until I blew up at him that is.

That's absolutely appalling. I really hope you managed to alert a crew member to this as he deserves to be banned for life for that kind of behaviour.