Karen Gillan gifts

Nick

Before the event there was lots of talk about giving gifts, did Karen get inundated with offerings did anyone see, and did she take them home in the end does anyone know? She was so busy I'm sure she wouldn't have had time to take a good look at them there and then.

Before the event there was lots of talk about giving gifts, did Karen get inundated with offerings did anyone see, and did she take them home in the end does anyone know? She was so busy I'm sure she wouldn't have had time to take a good look at them there and then.

I wouldn't blame her if she didn't! <_<

I was one of the last in and she had a HUGE pile of paper and I saw a sweet canvas art too.

But I saw her accepting pictures from everybody. Even pictures that I thought looked a bit naff :smile:

And she looked so happy and honoured every time somebody gave her something. Like it was something she always wanted. But I would assume she didn't keep EVERYTHING. Maybe a few of the better things.

Though the pile of about 100 empty water bottles probably stayed :crying:

Who knows!

I was her assistant and I can happily confirm that she took everything home. She was genuinely thrilled with every gift and enjoyed meeting everyone. As we were closing her area, Jason came to thank her for attending and said he'd like to work with her again if she was interested, she said she'd love to come back because she'd had such a great time :D

I was her assistant and I can happily confirm that she took everything home. She was genuinely thrilled with every gift and enjoyed meeting everyone. As we were closing her area, Jason came to thank her for attending and said he'd like to work with her again if she was interested, she said she'd love to come back because she'd had such a great time :D

I forgot to give her my gift because I was just so happy to meet her, so hope she does come back. Not just to give her the gift of course, but it will eb something I make sure I do :D

Thanks Yvie,

And can I add (posted in another thread too) how fab you were. You seemed to be having a great time too, and were particularly lovely to me, even after the third time! :D

I'm thrilled she took the items away with her. I gave her an engraved crystal globe and was desperate that she at least got to look at it, so thanks x

Thanks Yvie,

And can I add (posted in another thread too) how fab you were. You seemed to be having a great time too, and were particularly lovely to me, even after the third time! :D

I'm thrilled she took the items away with her. I gave her an engraved crystal globe and was desperate that she at least got to look at it, so thanks x

You should have seen her on Friday H-O-T :D

EMS in October, Karen and Arthur duo shoot, thats the way to go ;-) with individuals also of course ;-)

EMS in October, Karen and Arthur duo shoot, thats the way to go ;-) with individuals also of course ;-)

Ahem:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....6463&st=180

:D

:D

I really hope she took home the fox puppet. My friend gave her it and when she did she seemed genuinely thrilled to get it. It was in all our pictures so I'm hoping she did keep it. Cause that would just be awesome.

Thanks Yvie,

And can I add (posted in another thread too) how fab you were. You seemed to be having a great time too, and were particularly lovely to me, even after the third time! :blink:

You should have seen her on Friday H-O-T :(

Personally I thought Yvie was looking just as hot each day :-D

She did genuinely thrilled with all the gifts she got given. And I'm glad she took them all wih her :smile:

My favourite was when I ws queing for her auto someone came and gave her one of those 'keep calm and carry on signs' which instead red "Be Ginger and Love Rory" She proudly put it up on her table and me and the people around me thought it was amazing!

When I was in the queue, there was a boy and who I assume was his mother a few people in front of me. I think he had a gift for Karen but he started crying. I assumed that she told him that she wasn't allowed to accept gifts (maybe I am wrong though, I couldn't really hear what was going on). But then after some talk with another woman standing behind her desk (her manager I think?) she accepted the gift. Or at least that's how it all seemed to me :pyth: Anyone know what that was all about?

There were a few tears from overly excited/emotional fans, but I think I remember the one you were talking about.

He was already in tears before he reached the desk and the mother asked if he could have a photo "because we've been waiting for so long." We had to refuse the request because there were still hundreds of people waiting to meet her but she didn't really handle it well, tbh she wound up her son a little more by asking again and pulling him by the arm to bring him closer to the table (he was trying to hide behind his mum) which just upset him more. The lady behind the desk with black and green hair (who is also a Karen, so I'll call her Security to keep this simple, lol) repeated that there wasn't time for photos and that they'd need to move on, then the mother asked again and Security and I had to be quite firm with her at this point. It was then that we were told he also had a gift for her, but by this point he was too busy crying, hiding and being upset to hand it over and I had to coax it from him so he didn't regret not giving it to her.

It was a moderately unpleasant experience for Karen, Security and myself, but the mother really shouldn't have been asking when it'd already been declined and she shouldn't have been pushing the issue when her son was becoming more and more distraught. I'm fairly certain that's not how he wanted his Karen experience to go and imo it was exacerbated by his mother's behaviour. She was borderline trying to guilt Karen into posing for a photo, fortunately it didn't work.

She did genuinely thrilled with all the gifts she got given. And I'm glad she took them all wih her ;)

My favourite was when I ws queing for her auto someone came and gave her one of those 'keep calm and carry on signs' which instead red "Be Ginger and Love Rory" She proudly put it up on her table and me and the people around me thought it was amazing!

That was me :) Karen was indeed very happy with it :) (As were Mark and Morgan Sheppard and Alex Kingston with their DW character appropriate versions ;) ) Thank you for also enjoying it! God bless the Keep Calm and Carry On generator, and our inkjet printer :WAVE:

Edited by laurab1

There were a few tears from overly excited/emotional fans, but I think I remember the one you were talking about.

He was already in tears before he reached the desk and the mother asked if he could have a photo "because we've been waiting for so long." We had to refuse the request because there were still hundreds of people waiting to meet her but she didn't really handle it well, tbh she wound up her son a little more by asking again and pulling him by the arm to bring him closer to the table (he was trying to hide behind his mum) which just upset him more. The lady behind the desk with black and green hair (who is also a Karen, so I'll call her Security to keep this simple, lol) repeated that there wasn't time for photos and that they'd need to move on, then the mother asked again and Security and I had to be quite firm with her at this point. It was then that we were told he also had a gift for her, but by this point he was too busy crying, hiding and being upset to hand it over and I had to coax it from him so he didn't regret not giving it to her.

It was a moderately unpleasant experience for Karen, Security and myself, but the mother really shouldn't have been asking when it'd already been declined and she shouldn't have been pushing the issue when her son was becoming more and more distraught. I'm fairly certain that's not how he wanted his Karen experience to go and imo it was exacerbated by his mother's behaviour. She was borderline trying to guilt Karen into posing for a photo, fortunately it didn't work.

Yes, that was them, and no it wasn't really a pleasant thing to see, poor boy.

Thanks for explaining, it makes more sense now.

He was already in tears before he reached the desk and the mother asked if he could have a photo "because we've been waiting for so long." We had to refuse the request ...

As well as doing everybody else in the queue a big favour, you've probably also done the kid one as well; he's now been spared years of "and here's the picture of Bobby bawling his eyes out with that woman from Dr Who..." embarrassment!

I wonder if it was the same mother who was kicking off at someone at the Corey photo shoot on Saturday!!!

Now that was embarrassing, all credit to the stewards who took care of her though, I was only queuing and listening in and I wanted to slap her!!!!!