Tom Sizemore

Howie

I got a VT ticket in the morning even though he was busy he was posing with fans at his table in the afternoon these Germans told me he was very cold and unfriendly no posed photo's no conversation would not look at you while we were talking he posed happily for a photo with an attractive young woman so 1 of the Germans asked if it was ok to to go up to him for a posed photo as he had apparently chanhed his mind again...he replied by sticking up his middle finger...totally un acceptable behaviour he should Never invited back again

Edited by Howie

I got a VT ticket in the morning even though he was busy he was posing with fans at his table in the afternoon these Germans told me he was very cold and unfriendly no posed photo's no conversation would not look at you while we were talking he posed happily for a photo with an attractive young woman so 1 of the Germans asked if it was ok to to go up to him for a posed photo as he had apparently chanhed his mind again...he replied by sticking up his middle finger...totally un acceptable behaviour he should Never invited back again

My experience with Tom Sizemore was positive. In fact my interaction with him was probably the best experience over the course of the weekend for me. He made me laugh. I've summed up my experience with Tom in another thread, but cut and pasted here:

Everybody's photos have been great - keep 'em coming.

Here's mine:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lothario/sets...57627038475187/

Funny story:

- Brought a boarding pass that was used by Tom Sizemore

- I was in two minds whether to get it signed or not, so gone for broke

- When I gave him the ticket, he thought it was a cheque and wanted to pocket it

- When he realised it was a boarding pass, he was shocked. He was saying "You $hitting me!"

- He signed it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lothario/5923...157627038475187

- He then showed it to Christopher Lloyd

And here is the unique signed item, signed by a Hollywood legend:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lothario/5922...157627038475187

What a great guy!!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lothario/5918...157627029807815

Thanks Showmaster for the memories :(

mine was good too, chatted, made jokes, he even said to take a second pic together as he moved on first one (turns out the first one didn't even work so woldn't have had any if he hadn't stopped me from walking off & take the second) was really playfull too, said he wasn't propared for the man love (arm arounf shoulder) then HE wrapped both his arms around me.

I saw him in the photo shoot on sunday, he was really cool, saying hi to everyone, he was visibly tired and hot, as were we all, but he was always trying to make sure ppl got a decent pic with him, seemed like a cool guy, I heard his talk was really good, I wanted to go to it but had too many shoots.

You 'brought' a boarding pass used by him? How did you acquire that???

he replied by sticking up his middle finger...

For real? A German goes up to him at the desk, asks for a pic and he responds liek that? What happened next?

You 'brought' a boarding pass used by him? How did you acquire that???

he replied by sticking up his middle finger...

For real? A German goes up to him at the desk, asks for a pic and he responds liek that? What happened next?

From a world famous auction website :YAHOO:

He did confirm it was his.

mine was good too, chatted, made jokes, he even said to take a second pic together as he moved on first one (turns out the first one didn't even work so woldn't have had any if he hadn't stopped me from walking off & take the second) was really playfull too, said he wasn't propared for the man love (arm arounf shoulder) then HE wrapped both his arms around me.

i remember that, the photographer was pretty patient too...

During Tom Sizemore's Saturday talk he said he was going to be the lead villian in Expendables 2. Did anyone else catch that?

he is gonna be a semi regular on season 2 of Hawaii 5O also according to an article I saw, which is cool

wasnt lambert also up for an expendables 2 role also?

no way?!!

i was gonna get a signature but he looked miserable signing so i didn't want to give him £20 of my money for no interaction.

i thought he was a great guest, very friendly and chatty, talked about Black hawk down and Expendables 2,

saw him trying to kiss a male fan who was at his table, hehe

he seemed to be having a good time, his final words to me were ''f*ck, big hand'' hehe

maybe the finger gesture was taken the wrong way? i dont know, but i was happy to meet him and he was one of the best guests ive met at any con,

I was Tom's assistant on Sunday, I'm fairly sure the "finger" incident was quickly followed by a no I'm kidding comment from Tom. Having spent the day with him I know he has a raucous sense of humour and he'd be horrified to think he'd caused offense to anyone. Tom posed for pictures for anyone who had paid for an autograph , admittedly for a while choosing to do them either sitting at the desk or just looking up so people could take a nice head shot. He had a sore back for a while and keep getting up and down was bothering him.

I'm fairly sure LFCC was Tom's first show and to be honest he was more than a little nervous at the prospect. Even though he normally plays tough guys, he's anything but. A gentle, thoughtful man, totally genuine and brutally honest about himself and his life, as anyone who attended his talk would of heard. He was more than happy to give quite detailed, candid answers to anyone's questions and was amazed at some of the things people bought in to be signed. He thought the fans were great, had bought some fantastic unusual things to get signed(he couldn't get over the plane ticket:) and really enjoyed meeting everyone.

I know that a few attendee waited for a while to see Tom. Please be assured we were not ignoring you, and please believe any private conversation we were having was with regard to Tom's day at the show and because of a personal matter that needed addressing. I apologize if we didn't either see or hear you approach because of the noise of the bands etc. We had to asked several people to speak up as we couldn't hear what they were saying over the noise. If you felt you were being ignored please accept my apologies it was certainly the last thing we would of wanted.

I hope the majority of you had as pleasant experience meeting Tom as he did meeting you and that you are pleased with your autographs and photo's.

Yes Tom is doing Expendables 2 and also he's going to be starting shooting soon on some episodes of Hawaii five O

I was Tom's assistant on Sunday, I'm fairly sure the "finger" incident was quickly followed by a no I'm kidding comment from Tom. Having spent the day with him I know he has a raucous sense of humour and he'd be horrified to think he'd caused offense to anyone. Tom posed for pictures for anyone who had paid for an autograph , admittedly for a while choosing to do them either sitting at the desk or just looking up so people could take a nice head shot. He had a sore back for a while and keep getting up and down was bothering him.

I'm fairly sure LFCC was Tom's first show and to be honest he was more than a little nervous at the prospect. Even though he normally plays tough guys, he's anything but. A gentle, thoughtful man, totally genuine and brutally honest about himself and his life, as anyone who attended his talk would of heard. He was more than happy to give quite detailed, candid answers to anyone's questions and was amazed at some of the things people bought in to be signed. He thought the fans were great, had bought some fantastic unusual things to get signed(he couldn't get over the plane ticket:) and really enjoyed meeting everyone.

Awww, poor guy. He got up for a stretch while I was one back in the queue and seemed a bit uncomfortable and twitchy (and I think he may have been feeling the heat a bit too), but I was too nervous to ask. He was perfectly polite with me, smiled and made eye contact during the auto even if we didn't talk much and was so nice in my photoshoot (and no, I'm not a young attractive female!)) I don't know if he'd been asked for a hug pose in a photoshoot by anyone before me; it struck me afterwards that he thought I was just asking for a hug, full stop, as instead of posing and facing the camera, he actually turned full on to me and enveloped me in this wonderful embrace before seeming to realize and assuming a more customary pose. (Not that I'm complaining. At all. :thumbup:) I was able to attend his Saturday talk and found it fascinating. Great to meet him.

Tom did an event in Germany about 6-7 weeks ago. Nothing compared to LFFC though, neither in terms of busy-ness nor in terms of quality of organisation. So in a sense, that was maybe his first signing event of that calibre indeed.

I know that a few attendee waited for a while to see Tom. Please be assured we were not ignoring you, and please believe any private conversation we were having was with regard to Tom's day at the show and because of a personal matter that needed addressing. I apologize if we didn't either see or hear you approach because of the noise of the bands etc. We had to asked several people to speak up as we couldn't hear what they were saying over the noise. If you felt you were being ignored please accept my apologies it was certainly the last thing we would of wanted.

I hope the majority of you had as pleasant experience meeting Tom as he did meeting you and that you are pleased with your autographs and photo's.

Yes Tom is doing Expendables 2 and also he's going to be starting shooting soon on some episodes of Hawaii five O

A bit gutted he was doing photos on Sunday after all, there was a "no posed photos" sign in front of you on the desk so I didn't ask for one.

brutally honest about himself and his life, as anyone who attended his talk would of heard. He was more than happy to give quite detailed, candid answers to anyone's questions

What did people ask and what did he say? Did he talk about the trouble he's famously been in?

I thought Tom was amazing...

I went along with my mate to take is picture and Tom asked me if I wanted a picture too...Of course I said yes

We chatted to him for a while and we talked about Hawaii 5-0 Season 2 and all was good.

No compliantes here

:D

brutally honest about himself and his life, as anyone who attended his talk would of heard. He was more than happy to give quite detailed, candid answers to anyone's questions

What did people ask and what did he say? Did he talk about the trouble he's famously been in?

People mostly asked questions about his movies during the talk I attended but the final question was on how he felt his comeback was going and he was happy to answer. He pulled no punches about what he'd lost as a result of his bad choices, but was grateful to those who'd believed in him and helped pull him back, and felt incredibly lucky to be having another chance and getting the work opportunities currently coming his way. He came across as very genuine and I can only say that I wish him continued luck.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

the final question was on how he felt his comeback was going and he was happy to answer.

Thats a great question. Congrats to whoever asked him that not only for the question itself but the confidence to do so.

Hmm..contary to what others have been saying, my friend and I had our only 'down' point to the event with Tom.

We had been waiting ages for him to come back from wherever on sunday, as every time we went to get him he was away somewhere, which is fair enough.

Late sunday, he was finally back, so we went for it. My friend went first, followed by me. She got to his table, where he was talking to a young lady sat next to him who WASN'T crew..or at least, she didnt have any crew badge or tshirt. Anyway, they were having a convo for a while ignoring us even though the girl had seen us waiting, though fair enough Tom may not have. Finally he turned around, grabbed my friends photo, barely looked at her, pushed it to the side and grabbed mine without a word. I said hi, he did look up but then looked back down again, signed my photo, pushed to the side then went back to speaking to the girl next to him, not even a bye or thank you or anything.

Alas we walked off feeling dissapointed and neither of us had a very high opinion of him anymore, but hey, we'd got what we'd come for, just a shame he hadnt been more enthusiastic to us!

Edited by crippsy_99

Tom was superb, the guest of the con for me, from those inmet anyway. Really do hope we may even get him back at some point in the future....Jason? :( go ooon, ya know ya wanna :blink:

I'm really surprised there are any sort of bad reports, he was cordial, friendly and really patient with me and my questions and fiddling around with posters and tubes and general awkwardness. And on that note, thanks to genesgal who I'm assuming must have been the one to help me out with said posters.