Will the official Karen Q&A footage be online?

Cause we were right by the camera man and he filmed it all, and I'd really love to be able to watch it all again. I'd even pay to get my hands on that footage the Q&A was so perfect. There were so many good and unique questions, and she even sang. Basically it was perfect and I would pay more to see it again in good quality rather than someone at the back or something only recording bits. So, will the footage be released? And if so, all or just bits?

so why bother do it and stop peeps doing it

Thats like me buying a street/road and saying to peeps no one can drive on it and I wont drive on it either

It's a copyright thing, and not getting into trouble with the Beeb for stuff you shouldn't have said. Which certainly applies at the Torchwood shows XD

I'd even pay to get my hands on that footage the Q&A was so perfect. There were so many good and unique questions, and she even sang. Basically it was perfect and I would pay more to see it again in good quality rather than someone at the back or something only recording bits.

But in the other (now locked thread), you were complaining no-one wanted to hear 'rehashed' questions and that you didnt pay money to sit through people asking things?

Not everyone wanted 45 minutes of rehashed questions. As a proper Karen fan, I've seen/read all her interviews and seen her answer the same questions millions of times. I didn't pay £20 to sit through a q&a and have idiots ask her questions that they just could have googled the answers for.

Bit of a contradiction isnt it?

No to be fair its why I dont usually go to talks, free or paid. As I read a lot online most of what people will ask I'll already know the answer too.

Shatner was pretty much 90% stuff I didnt know which was nice. But Karen I thought the questions would get a bit samey and such.

I'd even pay to get my hands on that footage the Q&A was so perfect. There were so many good and unique questions, and she even sang. Basically it was perfect and I would pay more to see it again in good quality rather than someone at the back or something only recording bits.

But in the other (now locked thread), you were complaining no-one wanted to hear 'rehashed' questions and that you didnt pay money to sit through people asking things?

Not everyone wanted 45 minutes of rehashed questions. As a proper Karen fan, I've seen/read all her interviews and seen her answer the same questions millions of times. I didn't pay £20 to sit through a q&a and have idiots ask her questions that they just could have googled the answers for.

Bit of a contradiction isnt it?

What is your problem with me, that you have to come into another thread and be mean to me? What I meant was I didn't pay to see questions, I just paid to see her. The questions were a bonus. There is a difference between me wanting footage of a q&a that I was at to keep as a memory forever, especially one which has footage of her hugging me and me watching a youtube video of some random interview I've seen ten times already. You were the reason I wanted the other thread to be closed, so you would just go away and get over it. Please, just stop. You are not helping your argument as you haven't given me a single reason why I should respect you. I said sorry, now go away and leave this thread alone.

The thread was locked for a reason. Please do not start the conversation up again in another thread.

Thank you.

out of all the talks iv seen, iv never EVER seen the video of the talks ANYWHERE!!!! where the hell is the robert englund talk back in nov/2009... where is the being human cast talk back from last years comic con ????
As far as I am aware they are not made available due to copyright issues/release fees/etc.

Hopefully one day all talks that are recorded will be made available.

I'd be happy with even just select bits being made available. Like Karen talking about all of Rory's deaths. Her answer was perfect. I did find one video online somewhere of the talk, but it was too far back to see her, and there's no fun if you can't see her and her prettiness. :lol:

No to be fair its why I dont usually go to talks, free or paid. As I read a lot online most of what people will ask I'll already know the answer too.

I don't already know most of what is asked but even if I do, I enjoy being there and hearing the person themselves give an answer rather than trust what some journalist has rehashed/rewritten to suit their agenda.

Admittedly a lot of the questions Karen was asked were silly or obvious but I enjoyed her enthusiasm and interaction.

On the other hand the Christopher Lambert one was much more serious but thoroughly engrossing. I was impressed with the questions asked and his openness and honesty in answering them. It helped having someone on the stage with him asking followup questions or expanding on certain points. I learned a lot I didn't know and really enjoyed it too but for different reasons.

As regards the film. Jason is a fan too and if he can get his event filmed then why not. Bands regularly film or record their concerts, some record everything but you never get to see or hear it. I've got stuff from a band I used to work for occasionally which has never gone beyond the box I keep it in.

In this case I imagine there's all kinds of legal issues, contract issues and goodness knows what to get around so just because they have permission to film it, doesn't imply that anything will actually happen to that footage other than it be archived as a record of the event.

I'd be happy with even just select bits being made available. Like Karen talking about all of Rory's deaths. Her answer was perfect. I did find one video online somewhere of the talk, but it was too far back to see her, and there's no fun if you can't see her and her prettiness. :D

Seen a clip of her singing California Girls but that's about it :lol:

Showmasters need to know where those are, so they can ask the posters to take the videos down.

The rule is no recording by the audience of any of the panels/anything else that takes place on stage, and this applies to all SM/Massive Events shows. Pictures (without flash, other than the first few minutes) are fine, video is not.

Mods, I'm trying to help, and not step any of your toes...

Edited by laurab1

I'd be happy with even just select bits being made available. Like Karen talking about all of Rory's deaths. Her answer was perfect. I did find one video online somewhere of the talk, but it was too far back to see her, and there's no fun if you can't see her and her prettiness. :D

Seen a clip of her singing California Girls but that's about it :lol:

I'm sorry, but then you need to tell Showmasters where those are, so they can ask the posters to take the videos down.

The rule is no recording by the audience of any of the panels/anything else that takes place on stage, and this applies to all SM/Massive Events shows. Pictures (without flash, other than the first few minutes) are fine, video is not.

Mods, I'm trying to help, and not step any of your toes...

Oh, I'm sorry, I don't actually know where I found it. My friend sent me a link, and I watched it while I was still in London, so, not on my computer. I just know they exist somewhere on youtube. I don't even remember what they were called to find them again. Sorry. :/

out of all the talks iv seen, iv never EVER seen the video of the talks ANYWHERE!!!! where the hell is the robert englund talk back in nov/2009... where is the being human cast talk back from last years comic con ????
As far as I am aware they are not made available due to copyright issues/release fees/etc.

so what do they do with them ????

so what do they do with them ????

Already answered in post two of this topic:

They don't tend to release the footage for a good while, if at all. It all gets archived for a later date