Was I the only one who had a fab time?!

Got back home tonight and although tired I've had too good a time and am too wired to sleep! I thought I'd have a flick through the forum and am actually totally astonished at the number of complaints on here! OK, so I might be slightly biased as I'm a regular attendee at CM, Chevron and LFCC, but blimey!

I had a ball.......Brent Spiner was a fabulous bloke. and I must give a HUGE thank-you to the lady on the ticket buy booth AND the amazing Jason for sorting me out there due to the unexpected scheduling issue. In my experience, in any show like this it is inevitable that things don't run quite to plan...stuff happens...everyone is human! But if you [politely] talk to the folks in charge I have always found that they will move heaven and earth to try and ensure you get what you came for.

Ref: photos at the desks....the guest are human beings and one day might be feeling fine and dandy and up for pics and the next jet-lack kicks in, or they are feeling rough etc. then they have every right to not have pics taken and I suspect it is then better for the crew member to put a stop to it on their behalf. and obviously mega busy guests won't have time because Showmasters want as many people as humanly possible to get the autos they came to get.

Ref: photo collection...yep, this was bedlam. However I must say it would have been less so had people actually waited in a polite queue fashion rather than truning into a free for all.....NOT always the crew's fault here methinks we attendees casue the chaos by getting stroppy and refusing to budge.

Well, I have an amazing time, great mates met, Joel Gretsch is even better in the flesh :wub: (I'm in lust LOL) and was a lovely guy (and a huggy photo shoot to boot) Karen Gillan was awesome...she was one busy lady with 3 shoots and a talk to do as well as autos. Bret - lovely chap, and the star of our show was Bam Bam who made Bella's day twice! in the stunts show which was top!] and Robert Knepper was also a brilliantly fab guy. Was gutted to miss Alex talk thogh as I had to leave early.

And finally, as some was there last ear forthe Shatner free-for-all entry - this method ws much better organise and got the seats I was expecting so fab! :D:D:D

And let face it...there were humdinger guests here this year!! Isnt it amazing when u have a smile, mini chat and an auto to take home.

Maybe its just my expectations are different, but had a fabulous time and the crew and staff were brilliant!

THANK-YOU for a great event! Now counting down for Chevron and dithering ove the Hub

One happy bunny here :YAHOO::dance::D

I agree with your post. I'm surprised by such negativity on the forum. I do understand there were some problems here and there but as you said, when you stay calm and ask crew members to solve these tiny problems, they do it most of the times.

22 photo-shoots, 18 autographs collected over the week-end. It was a fantastic event! Incredibly tiring but fantastic.

I think Karen was incredible, 800 photos and maybe 1000 autographs and she was welcoming you with a smile, said hi, took the time to ask you how you were feeling, etc .... kudos to her! And she is damn gorgeous :D

I'm also very happy to have been able to met guests of the calibre of Christophe Lambert or Christopher Lloyd (even though I do agree I was a bit disappointed by my autograph experience but still). Big thankl you also to many guests who were lovely chatting to, taking photo-ops with or having pictures over the table. Those were (with no particular orders) : Joel Gretsch, Shawnee Smith, Robert Knepper, Lisa Marie (she was definitely shy but nice to talk to and she was in so many great movies), Sir Derek Jacobi, Lea Thompson (so sweet), Brent Spiner, Camille Coduri, Alex Kingston (what a gorgeous and lovely lady), Walter Koenig, Vivica Fox, Corey Feldman, Tom Sizemore, Ashley Laurence (although the no flash photography gave rise to a rather dark pic) and more guests I met with my friends (but that I met before) such as Peter Jurasik, Stephen Furst, Veronica Cartwright, Simon Bemford, etc etc .... an incredible line-up and very very nice and friendly guests. I also met the models, wanted to meet Kyla Cole but eventually ended up meeting 3 of them and they were also lovely and stunning.

So yes I have small complaints about this event but I'll keep them for myself as they were really minor and the event as a whole was very nice and successful. Cheers to everyone.

i have had an awesome weekend gutted it's over can't wait for next year.

i've met some wonderful people and exchanged fb details.

actually chatted with guests without sounded like a psycho fan :(

heard some awesome talks

and totally forgot what food and sleep is currently waiting for the need for both to catch up with me

LFCC 2011 was fantastic thank you thank you thank you

missing it all already xx

I'm afraid I also am one of the happy few. I was there on sunday and had an awesome event. I missed out on a few things (for example, I didn't see mr Brooker) Loved the cars, loved the cosplay audience.. but most of all I loved the guests.

And that is the main reason for me to come. Quite often I get dissappointed by 1 guest or so (for example: not being friendly)

None whatsoever this event, and straight from the beginning! on sunday!

Last but not least, the staff. A big compliment. Being strict when needed, and yet keeping it so friendly. My full respect for showmasters cs for this awesome event.

Was way too busy but my policy of never meeting the top guests always pays off met 6 star wars guests in about 40 mins so no complaints did what i needed to do saw what i wanted to see so was ok queue was massive we were just passed earles crt one doors but got in within 30 mins nice day too

No, I had fun too, guests were amazing, a lot of people were there to the end which seemed to annoy certain crewmembers but the majority of them were amazing. One thing to remember tho newbies, please dont barge past when you are all walking the same direction and be mindful of photographs being taken.

Nope, I had a great time too!

I've mentioned in another thread that I did find it too crowded on Saturday almost to the point of claustrophobia! More space for moving around between the stalls etc would be great if at all possible for the future.

But I got all the photo ops I'd planned, and got sucked into buying a couple more onsite at the weekend!! (13 in total). Camille Coduri was particularly lovely during the photo-ops.

I got the autographs I wanted too. Lea Thompson and Joel Gretsch were especially nice and friendly.

I only had time on the Saturday for 1 talk (would have liked to have seen Mark Sheppard - but I was in a photo-op), but I enjoyed the talks by Robert Knepper (love him!), Alex Kingston and Richard Hatch on Sunday. The stunt show was entertaining too.

I liked the Friday night preview - I got about half my autographs that night, which really took the pressure off time-wise for the rest of the weekend. Trevor Steedman (one of the free autographs) was really chatty and nice, and it was good to have time to chat with him as his queue wasn't very long so I didn't feel I was holding people up. I got the rest on Sunday when it was quieter than Saturday and I was able to get better VT numbers (the Saturday early bird queue was mad long! Sunday's was much nicer and that first 2 hours felt very relaxed!!)

The only 'complaint' I have is the live music. Particularly on Friday night, but also Saturday during Corey's talk. I'm sure that if you were sat in the second stage area listening it would have sounded great, but I found the way it echoed around the rest of the hall to be quite grating.

All in all, a great event. And after the disappointment of EMS March's cancellation - great to finally get to meet Joel Gretsch!! (Just need Sean Maher at another SM event soon and I'll be as happy as happy can be!)

Thanks everyone!

I've said more elsewhere too but I enjoyed every last hectic, hot, sweaty, interesting and funny minute of the weekend, even though I missed a couple of talks I really wanted to go to but these things happen and I had been able to talk to those particular people at the desk anyway.

Bit of a pain having to catch a train at 7:30 each morning but it all worked well and I'm really struggling at work today trying to get back to normal.

Got back home tonight and although tired I've had too good a time and am too wired to sleep! I thought I'd have a flick through the forum and am actually totally astonished at the number of complaints on here! OK, so I might be slightly biased as I'm a regular attendee at CM, Chevron and LFCC, but blimey!

I had a ball.......Brent Spiner was a fabulous bloke. and I must give a HUGE thank-you to the lady on the ticket buy booth AND the amazing Jason for sorting me out there due to the unexpected scheduling issue. In my experience, in any show like this it is inevitable that things don't run quite to plan...stuff happens...everyone is human! But if you [politely] talk to the folks in charge I have always found that they will move heaven and earth to try and ensure you get what you came for.

Ref: photos at the desks....the guest are human beings and one day might be feeling fine and dandy and up for pics and the next jet-lack kicks in, or they are feeling rough etc. then they have every right to not have pics taken and I suspect it is then better for the crew member to put a stop to it on their behalf. and obviously mega busy guests won't have time because Showmasters want as many people as humanly possible to get the autos they came to get.

Ref: photo collection...yep, this was bedlam. However I must say it would have been less so had people actually waited in a polite queue fashion rather than truning into a free for all.....NOT always the crew's fault here methinks we attendees casue the chaos by getting stroppy and refusing to budge.

Well, I have an amazing time, great mates met, Joel Gretsch is even better in the flesh :wub: (I'm in lust LOL) and was a lovely guy (and a huggy photo shoot to boot) Karen Gillan was awesome...she was one busy lady with 3 shoots and a talk to do as well as autos. Bret - lovely chap, and the star of our show was Bam Bam who made Bella's day twice! in the stunts show which was top!] and Robert Knepper was also a brilliantly fab guy. Was gutted to miss Alex talk thogh as I had to leave early.

And finally, as some was there last ear forthe Shatner free-for-all entry - this method ws much better organise and got the seats I was expecting so fab! :D:D:D

And let face it...there were humdinger guests here this year!! Isnt it amazing when u have a smile, mini chat and an auto to take home.

Maybe its just my expectations are different, but had a fabulous time and the crew and staff were brilliant!

THANK-YOU for a great event! Now counting down for Chevron and dithering ove the Hub

One happy bunny here :blink::huh::blush:

I have been coming to these events and 10th Planet events for 6 years now and I look forward to Collectormania MK and LF&CC each year.

I had a great time this weekend and applaud all of the Showmasters crew for a sterling job during a very busy and hot environment.Seasoned attendees realise that the best thing at these events is just to relax as the crew always do there utmost to help. People need to remember they are fans just like us who volunteer for this job and without them there would be no show.

In a perfect world we would all like our photo's back quickly but anyone missing one like my friend with Brent Spiner this weekend will get it in the post. The photo collection was indeed a struggle but if people just stand there and crowd the tables until 8 people deep how can you blame the crew?

Maybe firmness from crew members is sometimes misinterpreted as rudeness but I have never experienced that. In situations where there are large numbers of people for them to deal with firmness is necessary or chaos ensues.

The calibre of the guests was just awesome and the attendance proved that. Thank you Jason and Showmasters. Karen Gillan and Christopher Lambert were just great.

Well done to Malcolm and his team. My photo's are great! :blink:

A special thanks to the Lady Crew Member who was looking after Christopher Lambert yesterday. Thank you for your help in getting the most awesome souvenir signed. :(

I had a great time.

Yes it was busy and I was none stop, but no problems for me that I can think of besides one or two ive mentioned elsewhere.

Hell, I had a pedometer on sunday morning, and had trekked 4.5 miles before noon even!! Comes with the fun though!

Been doing these events for years, so I reckon its all part of the fun. Ive noticed a lot of negativity is from people who havnt done many/any events which could be why they didnt enjoy things as much.