Next years dates

Don't know where to put this. Have just tried to book some hotels for this event in 2012 and every one I've tried is booked out. I realise it will be around the time of the Olympics but its still frustrating. Anyone else tried?

The olympics are at the end of the month? not sure if thats right or not?

Don't know where to put this. Have just tried to book some hotels for this event in 2012 and every one I've tried is booked out. I realise it will be around the time of the Olympics but its still frustrating. Anyone else tried?

I've encountered the same problem and was really stunned too.

Next year's show is the 6 to the 8th July ? The olympics isn't on til the end of July. I can see rooms free on Premier Inn site.

Next year's show is the 6 to the 8th July ? The olympics isn't on til the end of July. I can see rooms free on Premier Inn site.

And I believe it will be held at the Olympia and NOT Earls Court?

Hotels across London will no doubt all be busy for the Olympics. That said, it doesn't start until 27th (OK, the footie starts on the 25th), so I can'y see the hoardes of tourists, journos, broadcasters etc arriving before the middle of the month.

Might it be that some hotels you can't book more than a year in advance - if they work on a "week" basis rather than exact days, it may just be that this weekend next year isn't on their booking availability yet. Give it a couple of days for their websites to tick over and it may not look quite so desperate.

Hotels across London will no doubt all be busy for the Olympics. That said, it doesn't start until 27th (OK, the footie starts on the 25th), so I can'y see the hoardes of tourists, journos, broadcasters etc arriving before the middle of the month.

Might it be that some hotels you can't book more than a year in advance - if they work on a "week" basis rather than exact days, it may just be that this weekend next year isn't on their booking availability yet. Give it a couple of days for their websites to tick over and it may not look quite so desperate.

I was going to say that about the hotels booking scheme, ive seen hotels in the past who do it month for month, say if you want to book in june a year later and it june now youve got to wait until it is the following month then it becomes available. Just wait until the end of July and then have a check.

I didn't try many, but the ones I did try did have free dates in September 2012. So unfortunately that theory is out. Maybe I need to check different hotels. :D

I didn't try many, but the ones I did try did have free dates in September 2012. So unfortunately that theory is out. Maybe I need to check different hotels. :(

A quick google of London 7 July 2012, did throw up a couple of other events. as part of the cultural events associated with the Olympics, the London Welsh Male Voice Choir are holding a "Choralympiad", culminating with a 1,000 voice concert at Alexandra Palace. Granted that's the other side of London, but with hundreds of represenatives coming from all over the globe (not to mention partners and presumably at least a few audience) as well as the out-of-London UK participants, they'll no doubt take a chunk of hotel rooms. Also apparently London is staging the WorldPride festival rom 23 June to 8 July, with the main parade on 7 July. They're talking about over a million visitors. Even spreading that over 15 days that's over 65,000 a day.

There's no doubt other stuff going on; granted there's always something going on in London (e.g. the biennial "Big Dance" festivall starts 7th July next year), but the above seems like two events which are "one-offs" for London next year (and I suspect there may well be other "Cultural Olympiad" events occurring at that time as well).

Collectormania is due to be at the beginning of June, I can't see them putting 2 big events like that on in the same month, it wouldn't be practical.

I think they should only have one or the other for next year or move one of them, as they are too close together imo!

as they are too close together imo!

It did rather sneak up on me this year, due to it being so close. Perhaps its a reason I decided not to do CM this year as well.

IMO an event every 2 months - Mar(EMS),May(CM),July(LFCC) at least gives the wallet time to recover.

Collectormania is due to be at the beginning of June, I can't see them putting 2 big events like that on in the same month, it wouldn't be practical.

I think they should only have one or the other for next year or move one of them, as they are too close together imo!

In 2012, the bank holiday at the end of May (the weekend that CM usually is) has been moved to the following week, and had another bank holiday attached to it, for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Yes, they'll be too close together, next year, but Milton Keynes is not the easiest of places to get to, for some of us! I can get to London under my own steam, but not necessarily Milton Keynes :P

Can I suggest that if you want to book a hotel for next year's event that you phone the reservations at the hotel that you want to stay in (not the central reservations service) and ask them about booking a room for next year?

Some hotels will book rooms more than 12 months in advance, but it's best to get your bookings in now.

Hope that helps!

I didn't try many, but the ones I did try did have free dates in September 2012. So unfortunately that theory is out. Maybe I need to check different hotels. :(

Totally agree with you - the hotels I tried had rooms in Sept 2012 but none for July.