CAMERA found at LFCC sunday

maybe you should start a page up on FB? put a couple of the pictures up and see what happens, FB has a wider audience then this forum and could help someone get there camera back, everyone knows someone on there, it's worth a shot?

maybe you should start a page up on FB? put a couple of the pictures up and see what happens, FB has a wider audience then this forum and could help someone get there camera back, everyone knows someone on there, it's worth a shot?

Thats not a bad idea, im just worried that if i post to many details and say too much of what it looks like and such, people might cash in on it and claim it. Will be a bit easy for anyone to say, "thats mine"

Thats not a bad idea, im just worried that if i post to many details and say too much of what it looks like and such, people might cash in on it and claim it. Will be a bit easy for anyone to say, "thats mine"

If you post some pictures of the person if you can find any on there, but not the details of the camera, then they would still have to describe it which not anybody could do...

If you post some pictures of the person if you can find any on there, but not the details of the camera, then they would still have to describe it which not anybody could do...

Thats a good idea, i just put it up on a group for the LFCC on facebook. I will have to see what pics are on there that might be decent for it, i just feel a bit funny going through other peoples pics and posting them lol :D especially on a public area. but i guess its for a good cause right. I guess if the owners got there camera back they wouldnt really care how i went about doing it

Thats a good idea, i just put it up on a group for the LFCC on facebook. I will have to see what pics are on there that might be decent for it, i just feel a bit funny going through other peoples pics and posting them lol :vader: especially on a public area. but i guess its for a good cause right. I guess if the owners got there camera back they wouldnt really care how i went about doing it

It's a tricky subject. If there were a couple of me meeting a guest that meant one of our mutual friends saw and recognised then I would be over the moon with that, but not everybody would.

If you post any pictures from the camera on the internet, then remember to make sure the EXIF-data is not attached as well otherwise anybody will be able to see what kind of camera it is.

I don't think the EXIF-data stays with the picture when using most photo-uploading services, but just make sure anyway. :thumbup:

Edit: And anyway, if I had lost a camera at the convention, then I would ask at info@showmasters.com and in this forum before expecting to find news of it on fb - just saying.

Edited by Mr. Mundi

Edit: And anyway, if I had lost a camera at the convention, then I would ask at info@showmasters.com and in this forum before expecting to find news of it on fb - just saying.

info@showmastersonline.com :thumbup:

I vaguely recall that for lost cameras in the US there actually is a website. "haveIfoundyourcamera" or something. I am trying to remember... maybe that would be worth having a look at if they have an UK section.

info@showmastersonline.com ;)

I vaguely recall that for lost cameras in the US there actually is a website. "haveIfoundyourcamera" or something. I am trying to remember... maybe that would be worth having a look at if they have an UK section.

Argh, I knew it looked off. I should just have wrote info@showmasters... or maybe looked it up.:thumbup::P

info@showmastersonline.com :D

Argh, I knew it looked off. I should just have wrote info@showmasters... or maybe looked it up.:poki::yoda:

I have emailed showmasters with the details on that address and they said if anyone asks then they will contact me with it so showmasters know what the description of it is to be able to varify its the right person

I will second that things do find their way back to people. I lost my purse one year and didn't realise for a couple of days *sheepish grin* However, upon contacting Showmasters I found out that they had contacted the political party I belong(ed) to as my membership card was in there and sent it on to them to be forwarded to me. They are absolutely brilliant and tip-top! I honestly cannot thank enough i) whoever handed it in and ii) the enormous effort Showmasters went it getting it back to me. Of course, I'd cancelled all my cards well before it landed back on my doorstep and had only a few pence left by the time I lost it but, despite being a tatty old thing, it used to belong to my mum and has much sentimental value.

I do hope the camera makes its way back to its owner.

Edited by thefreckles

I will second that things do find their way back to people. I lost my purse one year and didn't realise for a couple of days *sheepish grin* However, upon contacting Showmasters I found out that they had contacted the political party I belong(ed) to as my membership card was in there and sent it on to them to be forwarded to me. They are absolutely brilliant and tip-top! I honestly cannot thank enough i) whoever handed it in and ii) the enormous effort Showmasters went it getting it back to me. Of course, I'd cancelled all my cards well before it landed back on my doorstep and had only a few pence left by the time I lost it but, despite being a tatty old thing, it used to belong to my mum and has much sentimental value.

I do hope the camera makes its way back to its owner.

I hope so too, i left all my details with showmasters and gave them a description and everything so if anyone is looking for it then they should be able to contact me through them. Its nice to hear that things do get back though, some people are good enough to give things back rather than the finders keepers mentality