CAMERA found at LFCC sunday

I found a compact camera at the comic con, i waited around to see if anyone returned for it but no one came back for quite a while. I didnt know where to hand it in to and i havent had much help doing this when i have done it in the past.

If anyone has lost a camera, or knows someone who has, who attended on Sunday; please send me the details of the camera (eg make, model, colour and look so i can varify that this is your camera) and if it matches i will gladly return it to you.......

Best thing to do at an event if you find anything that appears to have been mislaid is to hand it in at the organisers booth.

Hope the owner gets in touch.

EDIT: you may want to post an e-mail address on here for the owner to contact you on. They may prefer to contact you directly and the PM function has been disabled.

Edited by dwarfbabe

I found a compact camera at the comic con, i waited around to see if anyone returned for it but no one came back for quite a while. I didnt know where to hand it in to and i havent had much help doing this when i have done it in the past.

If anyone has lost a camera, or knows someone who has, who attended on Sunday; please send me the details of the camera (eg make, model, colour and look so i can varify that this is your camera) and if it matches i will gladly return it to you.......

I would also recommend emailing Showmasters on info@showmastersonline.com. Because I know when I handed in a couple of lost items at the organiser's desk, they commented on that somebody had a camera in a black case stolen and was very upset.

They might have got the details of the camera's owner and able to put you both in to contact with each. I would recommend putting something like Lost Camera Found at LFFC in the subject so that they know it's important to read.

In the future if you find anything like that, it is always best to take it to the organiser's desk at the show entrance and they keep it there in case the owner turns up for it.

cap

I would also recommend emailing Showmasters on info@showmastersonline.com. Because I know when I handed in a couple of lost items at the organiser's desk, they commented on that somebody had a camera in a black case stolen and was very upset.

They might have got the details of the camera's owner and able to put you both in to contact with each. I would recommend putting something like Lost Camera Found at LFFC in the subject so that they know it's important to read.

In the future if you find anything like that, it is always best to take it to the organiser's desk at the show entrance and they keep it there in case the owner turns up for it.

cap

Thank you, i have just emailed showmasters with the details of the camera and said if there was any reports of this camera being missing. I feel really bad for the people who have lost it, i have no intention of just running away with it if someone is missing it.

When i went to the this show comic con in may i handed in a bag of stuff to staff but i pretty much got an attitude of "its not our problem" and they pretty much hinted me to just take it. If i can find the right people then i will return it, but only if its the genuine people

Just bumping this thread up incase the owner is about and looking. I do want to find them. Showmasters has been emailed about it and i am still waiting for a reply. But until then.....

If you think or know anyone who LOST A CAMERA please contact me and i will send you my email address for details to confirm if yours is the one i found

Just bumping this thread up incase the owner is about and looking. I do want to find them. Showmasters has been emailed about it and i am still waiting for a reply. But until then.....

If you think or know anyone who LOST A CAMERA please contact me and i will send you my email address for details to confirm if yours is the one i found

Have you tried contacting Earls Court too? They have a lost and found from what I remember from last year, maybe the owner asked there first. Unfortunately only a minority of attendees are actually around on the forum.

Have you tried contacting Earls Court too? They have a lost and found from what I remember from last year, maybe the owner asked there first. Unfortunately only a minority of attendees are actually around on the forum.

Oh thats a good idea i will contact them and see if they have anymore informtation about it. Thank you!

I was on the organisers booth on Sunday and we took numerous names and addresses for lost property, including cameras.

Showmasters office also has the Lost Property box that we collected during Sunday

So yes, anyone with missing items (I wont list them here for fear of some enterprising individuals ) please email the office at info@showmastersonline.com

I was on the organisers booth on Sunday and we took numerous names and addresses for lost property, including cameras.

Showmasters office also has the Lost Property box that we collected during Sunday

So yes, anyone with missing items (I wont list them here for fear of some enterprising individuals ) please email the office at info@showmastersonline.com

Thanks, i have emailed that address with the details of the camera i found already so i am waiting for a reply from them. Thanks for your help

Fab! Thankyou :blink:

Unfortunately, we were only able to match a few incredibly happy people with their missing items, for the most part, it was consoling attendees whose entire weekend of photographs were lost :(

I called earls court and left my details so if anyone comes for it there can confirms it is there then my details will be passed onto them so i can send it back to them. Hopefully someone comes back for it soon.

Hi

No one has contacted EC looking for a camera, we also have one in lost property, on the card is various cos player pics, fun teenagers birthday party and a school group pic.

give the venue a call if this sounds familiar,

Fab! Thankyou :blink:

Unfortunately, we were only able to match a few incredibly happy people with their missing items, for the most part, it was consoling attendees whose entire weekend of photographs were lost :(

I called earls court and left my details so if anyone comes for it there can confirms it is there then my details will be passed onto them so i can send it back to them. Hopefully someone comes back for it soon.

Hi you spoke to a college I know, just bumped into him, someone will call you if anyone calls us.

Edited by timelord81r

On the camera i found there is pictures of an event in London, (maybe royal wedding) some pictures of an office party type thing and general going out pictures of various people. There are also a few comic con pics on there with young boy wearing a sonic the hedgehog t-shirt......hope this helps.

Man i feel like a detective........ :blink:

Hi you spoke to a college I know, just bumped into him, someone will call you if anyone calls us.

Thanks, i left both numbers but in the unlikely event that you cant get through on them here is my email address mo_durkin@yahoo.com

Edited by Pocketninja85

dont think that was the one gentleman I spoke to, but might make someone very happy

Someone said on the post before that someone was at the organisers desk looking for a ******************** and looked quite upset? do you remember these people seeing as you was on the desk for sunday? Im just thinking it might have been them

(edited to remove details so that someone else cant try and claim it from you)

Edited by Rhianydd

that sounds right, but he dosnt live in the UK. The office have his address and email

Just a point though, my only concern was about how many details you post in case some enterprising individual tries to claim something that doesnt belong to them

it is fab that you are doing this though

Ya thats the issue i am having, i dont want to post too much so someone cashes in and takes it away. Its like playing a game of "who am i?" hehe. Im sure if someone has lost it they will know its theres by the details i gave. I have only gave all the details to official people.

I feel bad for them so i do hope they get in contact for it.

Best thing to do at an event if you find anything that appears to have been mislaid is to hand it in at the organisers booth.

EDIT: you may want to post an e-mail address on here for the owner to contact you on. They may prefer to contact you directly and the PM function has been disabled.

Me and my fiancee had this happen to us. We lost a tesco reusable bag with stuff in it, but I wont say what here. Apparently a security guard said it was handed in. When asking though noone knew where it was. Phoned again monday for the same response more or less. Possibly a case of lost property getting lost again. So I like the way pocketninja is going about it.

Edited by Stevie79

Me and my fiancee had this happen to us. We lost a tesco reusable bag which contained the food we had left and her coat which was a pinky orange colour. Apparently a security guard said it was handed in. When asking though noone knew where it was. Phoned again monday for the same response more or less. Possibly a case of lost property getting lost again. So I like the way pocketninja is going about it.

issue with places like EC/OLY ect are there are many 3rd party contractors, for example securituy are at these venues, they may hand it into the orgs, the control room, the cloakroom, or they might not do anything and just leave it where ever they are working. if you spoke to the security guy, best thing would be to make him take you to the person he handed it to at the time.

technically all lost property from a show should go to lost prop, with such a large building and so many different companies sometimes it takes a while for anything found to make its way to lost prop, thats why they should take your details even if they dont have your item in lost prop, just in case it turns up. especially so close to the show closing.

Me and my fiancee had this happen to us. We lost a tesco reusable bag which contained the food we had left and her coat which was a pinky orange colour. Apparently a security guard said it was handed in. When asking though noone knew where it was. Phoned again monday for the same response more or less. Possibly a case of lost property getting lost again. So I like the way pocketninja is going about it.

issue with places like EC/OLY ect are there are many 3rd party contractors, for example securituy are at these venues, they may hand it into the orgs, the control room, the cloakroom, or they might not do anything and just leave it where ever they are working. if you spoke to the security guy, best thing would be to make him take you to the person he handed it to at the time.

technically all lost property from a show should go to lost prop, with such a large building and so many different companies sometimes it takes a while for anything found to make its way to lost prop, thats why they should take your details even if they dont have your item in lost prop, just in case it turns up. especially so close to the show closing.

I have always felt that with major events, its no ones fault and i know the staff do the best they do but i have always wondered with anything that i have handed, in has ever made it back to the owner. In most cases whoever i have handed stuff into, they have just put it behind a desk. I remember at the this show we found a bag of a box set of dvds and such, i handed it into security and they looked at me like "what do you want us to do with it" and pretty much hinted at us to take it, but we didnt. I wouldnt be suprised if some staff members take the stuff home for themselves if no one claims it by the end of the day :P I think it is always best to leave your details if you have lost something, you never know, someone might be on the search for you to return your missing things........like me :huh:

I can confirm that occasionally things make it back to their owners.

I somehow managed to forget a plastic bag in the autograph session elsewhere. I expected never to see it again (okay, maybe the bag, but never the content), but when I checked at information desk it had been handed it, with all contents.

I can confirm that occasionally things make it back to their owners.

I somehow managed to forget a plastic bag in the autograph session elsewhere. I expected never to see it again (okay, maybe the bag, but never the content), but when I checked at information desk it had been handed it, with all contents.

Thats good to know, i will keep the camera until the person calls for it and everyone has my details to call me if they come looking. Its a difficult senario in such a busy event like that. I just hope the people come forward for it and not just given up thinking its gone forever

Unfortunately, not all attendees use the forum.

I spoke to an awful lot of new people on Sunday and told them about the forum

Showmasters replied to me and said they dont have anyone who has come looking for it or asked about it. I gave them the details of the camera too and quite an indepth description incase they took the details of someone who asked for it at the event but i guess not :thumbup: