Costume Groups

verem

Firstly thanks to Showmasters for a great event.

I think that having the costume groups adds to the whole event experience. I thought there were some great costumes out there this weekend and just wanted to hear some feedback or thoughts.

I crew for one of the groups because its a lot of fun (and hard work) and for the charity raising! I hope what we do helps add to the whole convo experience and would just like to hear what others think about it.

To be honest I'm not into the whole cosplay/costume thing but that doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the work people put into these things and I know many do a lot of fundraising. I also know some people will poke fun etc but I really think it adds to the whole atmosphere and it can't help but put a smile on your face as there really are some amazing costumes.

Whoever were the Aliens on friday/saturday were amazing.

There's one or two others I wish I'd asked for a photo too but being a little shy I don't like disturbing people if they look like they're on their way somewhere though I'm sure they wouldn't actually mind and appreciate the completement/interest.

I think it was mentioned yesterday but the Sucker Punch girls on saturday were amazing. Baby Doll in particular was the spitting image of the character. Very impressive.

Saw a couple of extremely good Assassins Creed assassins too. Very intricate. And of course all the Star Wars Garrison peeps who do a great job and really entertain doing it.

To be honest I'm not into the whole cosplay/costume thing but that doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the work people put into these things and I know many do a lot of fundraising. I also know some people will poke fun etc but I really think it adds to the whole atmosphere and it can't help but put a smile on your face as there really are some amazing costumes.

Whoever were the Aliens on friday/saturday were amazing.

There's one or two others I wish I'd asked for a photo too but being a little shy I don't like disturbing people if they look like they're on their way somewhere though I'm sure they wouldn't actually mind and appreciate the completement/interest.

I think it was mentioned yesterday but the Sucker Punch girls on saturday were amazing. Baby Doll in particular was the spitting image of the character. Very impressive.

Saw a couple of extremely good Assassins Creed assassins too. Very intricate. And of course all the Star Wars Garrison peeps who do a great job and really entertain doing it.

The Aliens were cool. The vaiation of costumes was great and spanned so many genres and themes.

With regard to pictures, if you want a pic then we are always happy to oblige. And often will take your camera to take the pic so you can pose with the costumers or so that a member of your group is not left out because they had to take the picture.

We know that some people find having a pic with a character is very important and we do our best. I only work with one of the groups (Star Warriors) but other groups usually are fine as well.

We also very much appreciate the donations people make to our respective charities- it really does make a BIG difference.

Next time your are at an event and you want a photo please let us know.

My hubs and I brought our 2 boys to the LFCC this year, it was our second one and we brought them for photos and autos with Karen Gillan and Christopher Lloyd. Although they enjoyed meeting them I know that for the the magic was outside the venue! They kept wanting to be outside with all the StormTroopers, Darth Vader, spiderman etc and everyone was amazingly friendly and happy to pose for photos with them.

Everyone in costume looked amazing and really added to the day making it so much more fun for everyone :)

I did like the coplay stuff as well, although I must admit I was at a bit of a loss as to who some of the characters were. But Im getting on a bit now so lets chalk that down to age.

I loved the superheroes that had a stall just down from us with Superman, Spidey etc. And its got to be said that some of those guys were brave as hell to don some of the outfits that left .. ahem... little to the imagination.

As I was crewing and wandering around with our guys (usually Chewie) I was seeing different costumes all the time. And even now after spending the whole two and a bit days there Im seeing pictures on here of great outfits that I somehow missed.

Also felt that evryone costumed up was clearly having fun and there was no sense of ridicule. I did notice at some of the other events where there have been sports fans present there has been plenty of ribbing- but to be fair if you have someone queuing for a Mike Tyson auto and he is surrounding by people there for things other than sports guests its gonna be a culture clash.

The guys dressed as Picard and also Mace Windu were excellant. But too many to mention really. Everyone did a great job.

The two guys in Planet Of The Apes costumes were fantastic (though sadly I never got a photo with them - it's difficult when I'm on my own a lot of the time). They were with UK Garrison, I believe.

Thanks for the comments

We normally troop with the UK garrison , well the movie section Reel Icons with these costumes , but were invited along by the Alien Legacy guys to attend this one , my first time with another costuming group

Ive attended this event a few years back & its grown alot & some great names on the signings :(

The weather & people were great & we had a lot of fun on Saturday monkeying around .

Verem, a couple of times we were going past Chewie and asked the "handlers" for a photo only for them to swan right past and ignore us. I know I got a quiet voice but it was getting ridiculous. I gave up after the third attempt.

Hi there!

Im very sorry to hear that and we tried to accomadate all pictures. We did have a couple of instances where we anticipated the walk from the front of Earls Court to our changing area (right at the back) would take us 20 minutes as we were stopped frequently for photos. We were at the front for a while and Chewie indicated we needed to start back as he was getting warm and thirsty- it took 40 minutes getting back and by the end we had to be get through the crowd due to a wobbling Wookiee. We try to be polite but when people dont understand why we are rushing through it can look like rudeness on our part.

Chewie has a tendancy to pose and interact as much as possible and hates letting people down but he was exhausted at the back when we made it.

NExt event that you see us please tell us who you are and we we sort out the best possible picture for you. I hope it didnt blight your day but please beleive us we dont like letting people down.

Incidently I was the crew member with the scruffy curly hair and (slowly going grey) beard. Next time just say hi to me. Cheers, Vern

Saw some amazing costumes again this year. I told her at the time, and I'll say it again on here - my favourite costume I saw all weekend was Isabella from Dragonage 2. Such a huge fan of the game, and it was epic to see it so accurately done.

I'll second that..............Agian, the picture I got with her did not do her outfit justice