Showmasters Twitter Feedback

• Moderators

This is the first event I've tweeted updates through the whole event, so its very much a work in progress, but I just wondered if it was any good for people?

Tried to do a variety of photos and info, answered a few queries etc. It's impossible to tweet ALL info, especially when I'm doing my own thing as an attendee too, but i did update as much as possible. And people not there could get a few glimpses into what was going on.

Had a few people come up to me and say thank you, so that made it worth doing. Really appreciated that. :wub:

That was you? I am glad to say, the dealer rang to tell me he handed over all my money to Jason: he found my purse and gave it to Jason who will post it back. It should not be hard to contact me as my contact cards are in there. He can Tweet, skype, email or linkedin me. My full home address is on there too.

I am just so relieved as I was trying to buy something in the local shop and nearly had a heart attack when I realised my purse was missing!

I really liked it David nice mix.

It was nice to see pictures of the set up and the one you put up after everyone left.

Saw you around quite a bit. I was the girl who was hoping to give puppy eyes so that I could get to see Karen for my auto before my coach went.

Karen went though autos very fast and was great so made it to my coach ok.

A quick tip... instead of focussing on the huge queues and the epic number of VQ tickets given out for people like KG (which is very negative and does not sell the event brilliantly), it would be MASSIVELY more helpful if you instead periodically tweeted the VQ tickets that she was up to signing wise and perhaps her movements (By which I mean whether she's in autographs/talk/photo shoot/lunch/etc, not when she went to the bathroom!) Same applies to the other headline guests.

• Moderators

Glad to see some people enjoyed it and/or found it useful :smile:

Will try to keep a good balance between specific information and photos etc next time. Answered as many queries as I could, and tried to direct people to others if I couldn't.

Interesting and informative - and no doubt helpful. But has potential to be more so. Wider selection of guests need referred to (VQT numbers, talk starting soon, photo session nearly over etc). One big(ish) criticism thought - FAR too many "SM you are brilliant" retweets in the evenings. RT actual info like opinions, breaking news etc, but I don't follow SM (or anyone on Twitter) to hear others tell me how great they are. I can use hashtags if I want to read that stuff.

Edited by dufresne

• Moderators

We have to consider the advertising side of it too, so I will be re-tweeting the positive comments so people see it's going well, and hopefully it'll encourage others to come if they were unsure. There's a fine balance though, so hopefully I'll find that. It's like there's a fine line between the "KG has had **** tickets given out" being useful for those not there yet so they know where they stand, and actually putting them off ..

It's never going to be a definitive service that replaces anything, and there were a lot of guests I felt didn't need to be covered in terms of numbers etc. The talk/session info is readily available on here and the schedules, so I didn't think that was needed, but again it all depends on what people want going forward. If that's something that would be useful for a lot of people then there's no problem in doing that.

I'm glad there's potential though, and that people are interested. There's an awful lot to cover with an event like this, so it's certainly a learning process.

It's never going to be a definitive service that replaces anything, and there were a lot of guests I felt didn't need to be covered in terms of numbers etc. The talk/session info is readily available on here and the schedules, so I didn't think that was needed, but again it all depends on what people want going forward. If that's something that would be useful for a lot of people then there's no problem in doing that.

See, in the cut and thrust of an event, you can so easily lose track of time, forget that you wanted to see a particular talk, needed to get a photoshoot / VQT ticket for someone etc, and a free, unlimited resource like Twitter can (if they want it to) be bouncing into people's mobile's all day long, helping attendees not miss things (and in the process spend money).

I take your point that it can get irrelevant or annoying for someone sat at home with only a passing interest, but what would you rather have ? "Bl8dy SM twitter feed was driving me mad all afternoon, I had to un-follow" or "thank god SM are on twitter - I nearly forgot all about Clancy Brown's photoshoot". Not sure people would drop out of attending mid-journey there though, just because they saw on twitter that a guest was up to a high VQT number.

• Moderators

Yeah, I must admit I did have a variety of people following it, so it's working out a balance between all of it.

Queries from people at the event, those waiting to arrive, those that weren't attending etc. So I guess everyone gets something different out of it.

It's nice to have some decent feedback anyway, so thanks :P