Hug or not to Hug

I was nervous about meeting Brent for this reason; he's a bit of a joker so I didn't want to make an idiot of myself and provide an opening for the guy who played my fave TNG character (and one of my childhood heroes, dammit!) to rip me a new one. I remember Patrick Stewart cutting a couple of people off at the knees during his '08 talk, and didn't want that to happen to me here.

But it didn't go like that at all. In fact, out of all the TNG cast I've met - which is 6 of the main 7 (not met Frakes yet) plus Crosby, Forbes and de Lancie - he was by far the easiest of all of them to chat to, switching back and forth between normal and marvellously gloriously crazy all over the place. "You're just the man to answer a question that's been plaguing me for literally two whole seconds!", he said when he found where I was from. I don't remember how we got from there to him reciting a chunk of The Merchant of Venice in his Patrick Stewart voice, but there we are. :D

He did the hand sanitiser thing just before I got to him as well, but explained why and it didn't come across as rude. God, if I could get away with doing that at work in order to avoid the customer germs I'd do it too...

He did take the mickey a bit when posing for a photo at the desk ("Now you've got to find the camera, switch it on, try to remember how it works"), but clearly didn't mean any of it and to be honest it was rather an honour to be made fun of by him.

Just spotted this on the side panel -

:thumbup:

- and it does seem to be relevant to Brent Spiner's sense of humour. It's just Python-style silliness, that's all.

Edited by Kinggodzillak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic