THANK YOU!

First up a MASSIVE thank you to the lovely Crew! Even with the stress they had and how busy it was they remained helpful and sorted issues out as good as they could. Also a big thank you to help my friend and me rush through when things were clashing or when we queued before had to move somewhere else and come back.

Thanks to the kind attendees that allowed the crew to let us "jump" the queue when we had to rush from one thing to the next. I was running from photoshoot to talk to photoshoot to photoshoot like a maniac from 9am till 4pm with a quick meeting with the other Potter cosplayers in between, sorry again ladies and gents that it was so rushed :*(

I truly appreciate ALL the help the Crew has given on Saturday and a big hat off to them for keeping a cool head in the manic situation they were in all the time (except 2 staff members but I can't blame them one bit it was absolultely bonkers)

A big thank you to the lovely gentleman in the Natalia Tena photoshoot Queue who gave my friend and me a banana and crisps so we could finally eat a little bit as we had not managed to have anything the whole day through to rushing and also a big massive thanks to the lovely lady from the Legend of the Seeker table for the 2 mandarines... they helped a LOT. Wanted to come back but wasn't allowed anymore :-/

Thanks to all the guests, you were all AWESOME!!!

Big hello to the "Terminator" and "Doc Brown" sorry there was only enough time to say hello and how are you... I hope we can have another chat at a future event.

Showmasters thanks for bringing us another great convention.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thank you to Yvie (sp?) for being kind, friendly and helpful to us Gold Pass holders! (at least I hope it was Yvie....giving out GP's on Fri/with Karen on Sat)

Edited by johnhuk

A big thank you to Yvie (sp?) for being kind, friendly and helpful to us Gold Pass holders! (at least I hope it was Yvie....giving old GP's on Fri/with Karen on Sat)

Totally agree. in fact all the crew with Karen and Alex today were great. There was a little girl near the front of Alex's queue and she was being brilliantly entertained while we waited. I tried to remember people's names and I recognise many from previous events and I'm sure many of you read this. If you do everyone I came into contact with were great and kept smiling throughout.

MASSIVE THANKS to the guys on the Karen Gillan Autograph area. The guy in the blue top was really kind and the bearded guy in the red top was lovely! Without him I would not of met Karen Gillan!

Too Tall was also very kind and funny!

Agreed here. I had the last ticket of Karen but they got us all in!

Yeah can i just say a HUGE thank you to SM for organising this event, it could not have been easy! So thank you so much for all your hard work :)

Thank you to the fantastic crew, you answered all of my questions and were just great to chat to. You were all rushed off your feet but the event would not have been a sucess without you! (special shout out to everyone working in the Karen/Alex are you did a stand up job. And to the guys in the photo area, becase that was just insanely busy!)

Thanks to the guests too, every single one I met was lovely and a total pro!

And finally thanks to the people I met and chatted to/hung out with over the weekend. You were all brilliant and fantastic to talk too :)

Basically thanks to EVERYONE!

Bit of a sad come down after what I felt was yet another fantastic LFCC.

Great guests, and great photoshoots.

I have a feeling that next year's LFCC may end up trumping this year's. In the mean time I'll enjoy the memories.

Nice meeting/talking to the people I had met - hope to be seeing you, again, at future Showmaster events.

Thanks Showmaster :thumbup:

Thanks to the crew member who managed to find the black and white portrait print of Veronica Cartwright from Alien after I went up to the table and there weren't any there. Would have been disappointed if I hadn't got that one signed so cheers!

Thanks to the female crew member who helped us out when we came running over breathless and late for our Brent Spiner photo, and sorted us with a make up session! Thank you!!! I missed the Christopher Lambert talk for it, but it was worth it!

Thanks to the female crew member at the photo area in the red top at the end of today who helped me out with photos and explained to me the Brent Spiner ones weren't coming but assured me I would get it!

Thanks to the lovely people I chatted to in the queue while waiting for the Corey photoshoot - good to meet you all!

And finally thanks to everyone who said they liked my Frog Brothers t shirt, especially the guy who said it was the best t shirt he'd seen all weekend!! I felt like a bit of a celebrity haha!!

This was the first ever LFCC I had attended - after having previously just attended the Collectormania events held in Milton Keynes over the years. I have to say that LFCC was perfect in every way. My wife and I visited as we were also there to see Corey Feldman, we got to speak with him for a few minutes too. I was glad to see plenty of space between the stalls and had no feeling at all of being hemmed in, anywhere.

The Gaming Zone was also fantastic, nice to see the older retro platforms alongside current-gen kit.

I must say that the guests (including Corey) were of a very high quality, much better than some more recent CM:MK events I had been to. Yes, we had to pay to get in which again wasn't a problem, also the cost of buying soft drinks was not too unreasonable for Earl's Court, either.

All in all, we are glad that we visited and we may well attend future events in London as and when they occur.

Thanks to SM for throwing a brilliant event and the crew for their usual sterling work. I had a couple of people running around sorting stuff out for me and I'm most grateful for their efforts, although everyone with whom I spoke were friendly and helpful as always. And thank you to Malcolm, Danielle and Giles for the photos!

Met a lot of lovely guests, caught up with some friends and generally had a fab weekend, especially Saturday, which could not have been better. Am absolutely shattered now, but it was a great experience.

Big thankyou tithe gorgeous young lady on the organisers booth today, Sunday, who helped me out tremendously to find a cash machine. I was running short for my Ton Sizemore sigs, after they weren't ready to take card on the front door yet.

Sorry, didn't catch her name, but she had some awesome tat work and a short black bob hairstyle kinda thing. Lol

MASSIVE THANKS to the guys on the Karen Gillan Autograph area. The guy in the blue top was really kind and the bearded guy in the red top was lovely! Without him I would not of met Karen Gillan!

The guy in the red top was idris. The guy in the blue top was either Alex or myself (I was the one at the front but either way your welcome - glad you had a good time and got to meet Karen)

Can I just add my thanks to all those in karens q. It was great to speak to many of you and you made my job very easy :) :) (so did karens signing speed lol)

I was glad to see plenty of space between the stalls and had no feeling at all of being hemmed in, anywhere.

You should have been there on saturday, it was heaving. Very hard to get around at some points. Sunday was noticably quieter though still buzzing and busy.

The guy in the red top was idris. The guy in the blue top was either Alex or myself (I was the one at the front but either way your welcome - glad you had a good time and got to meet Karen)

Can I just add my thanks to all those in karens q. It was great to speak to many of you and you made my job very easy :) :) (so did karens signing speed lol)

Probably spoke to all of you at some point. I was almost at the front at the start of the day and you kept us very well controlled and amused while we were waiting. I think you said you could have had a worse job than being near her most of the day. Just annoyed I had to rush off to a photoshoot and miss her arriving but it all worked out great in the end.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I was glad to see plenty of space between the stalls and had no feeling at all of being hemmed in, anywhere.

You should have been there on saturday, it was heaving. Very hard to get around at some points. Sunday was noticably quieter though still buzzing and busy.

Probably spoke to all of you at some point. I was almost at the front at the start of the day and you kept us very well controlled and amused while we were waiting. I think you said you could have had a worse job than being near her most of the day. Just annoyed I had to rush off to a photoshoot and miss her arriving but it all worked out great in the end.

Yeah that was me, such a hardship Saturday lol

I must add my thanks to the crew who made everything run smoothly, and were always polite and friendly.

Big thanks to all of those who were crewing Alex's autograph line, and keeping us up to date as to when Alex was expected to arrive.

The best laugh I had of the day was the lady who was shouting "Virtual Queue tickets for Alex Kingston" and then she shouted out "Virtual Queue tickets for Karen Gillan"!

Thanks for that!

:D

Thank you so much Showmasters! I got to finally meet Jeremy Bulloch as I missed him last year, the stalls and booths were great as always, the crew were helpful and the guests were wonderful (the Alex Kingston talk was amazing, but unfortunately I couldn't come on Saturday to see Karen's). The cosplay was especially good this year as well (whoever dressed up as Midna on Sunday, I think I might be slightly in love with you). It makes me unbearably sad that I have to return to the regular worl of school and chavs. Thanks again, and bring on LFCC 2012!

We had a brilliant time and it was nice to see new guests. We probably had one of our busiest cons in a long time and every guest that we met was lovely. Special mention to Richard Hatch, Peter Jurasik, Steven Furst and Vivica fox who all chatted for ages.

Also Christopher Lambert who offered a posed photograph when he wasn't supposed to, Robert Knepper, Joel Gretsch and Sir Derek who were all lovely, Nat Tena who was fabulously crazy, all the HP guests who were great and finally Charlie Bewley who was just awesome. And Karen, who despite being very busy smiled and chatted even though it was quick.

Thanks again SM we had a really good two days.

One question though - why bother with the models ?

A big Thankyou to TooTall who organised my disabled pass so I could avoid most of the queues which made our family day out possible!

To all the staff for their help when needed and to those people who kindly let me in front of them in the queues.

I'd also like to thank all the people outside the venue particuarly the cosplayers who took the time to talk and play with my two little boys (diddy darth vader and diddy dalek!) they loved chatting with Darth Vader and the Storm Troopers, the ghostbusters and all the other characters they met, they had such an amazing day!

Edited by Jassie

At the moment the time is 23:32 Sunday the 10th of July 2011... I predict I wont finish this list until sometime in the next 29 minutes or so.

- Stands up on podium and sheds away a few tears reminiscent of Halle Berry Oscars 2002 -

I'd like to thank (and in certain cases why I'm thanking) the following:

GUESTS:

Kyla Cole: she was lovely and was a real pleasure to meet.

Karen Gillan: for her down to earth kindness, the lovely sweet smile and hello with a cute handshake when we briefly met for her Autograph. - I wouldnt have missed this encounter for the World.

Lea Thompson: no amount of words can express how Wonderful it was to meet her and he warmth and kindness made meeting her a truly unforgettable experience.

Holly McGuire: again a nice and genuine lady.

The group of Amy Ponds: outside who was fine with having a photo taken (I needed fresh air after so long cooped up inside).

Corey Feldman: for being so down to earth and genuine and so approachable.

Shawnee Smith: lovely and sweet and was fine with personalising.

Corey Feldman: for epitomising coolness - in his portrayal of Mouth - (only one other person from my childhood tops that and thats Henry Winkler)

Christopher Lloyd: Is there anyone who CANNOT be overwhelmed at meeting such an iconic and legendary Actor of his calibre? Was nice enough to shake my hand and speak to me.

STAFF/CREW:

Every member of staff/crew I met were really helpful and kind.

Christa: Is always a delight to speak to.

Talie: Very kind and helpful.

TooTall: Um, I now have to see a chiropractor to sort out the crick in my neck when I said "Hi" yesterday- no, only joking thanks for everything.

The Guy at the Delorean Shoot: I know you were really stressed and under pressure but this is unsurprising due to how it all was yesterday.

The Doc at the Delorean Shoot: Its really appreciated that you allowed my Friend and I to take our own Photos yesterday and was nice of you to point out to my Friend the minute but POIGNANT details on the dashboard which made the Photos even more cooler.

FRIENDS, ROMANS AND JEDIS/BLACKCATS AND VULCANS:

I've already mentioned both Christa and Talie in the aforementioned section but because they're Friends I'm mentioning them again here :)

Kate/BlackCat: Was lovely to meet her again, first time we met I was an attendee and Kate was a cosplayer this time we were Friends.

Zoe: For so many different reasons but her spark of wisdom came in the Lea Thompson queue and I was feverishly wondering what quote to get Lea to Write on my Back To The Future boxset and rationale thought was the topic of the day.

Emma/Bunny_Summers: For kindly greeting me in the pay on the day queue and making sure I paid £900,000,000,000,000,000 for her personal appearance fee, acknowledgement of me etc etc :) And becoming a really good Friend in the last year.

All at Showmasters HQ for putting on a damn good show.

And finally... Thats if anyone is still reading.

A Friend of mine who took me to my first convention last year, a bloody lovely chap whos kind friendly and if not for him I wouldn't have the Photos I have of such names as Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn, Chris Barrie, Kristanna Loken, Catwoman, Robert Englund, Robert Patrick, Kyla Cole, Holly McGuire, Lea Thompson, Corey Feldman, Christopher Lloyd- the list is exhaustive and endless and I'm also counting Premieres and Stage Doors here.

Dave is someone I owe so much thank yous to and without him Conventions/Premieres etc wouldnt be as fun and as memorable as they are.

- Bows Majestically -

Thank Yoda (God) this isn't the Academy Awards otherwise Best Film would have to wait to be announced a few hours later than expected.

Okay, who had 00:05 Monday the 11th of July 2011 for when I'd finish with this (as predicted)? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Yep a massive thank you to the lady in the red t-shirt (pit boss????) at Photo area A on saturday for getting me near the front of the Robert Knepper queue so that I could then run across to area C and get my Stanislav shoot with no clash, many many thank yous!!!!!! :D

Edited by ericsdonor