Christopher Lloyd

Maybe this doesn't really need it's own topic but I just wanted to know people's thoughts on when they met Christopher.

As I have said in another thread, I met him and was just slightly disapointed. I understand and know that he had tonnes of stuff to sign but there was minimal chat (I asked him how he was and he gave a one word answer, then that was it) and he barely looked at me. He signed my photo and then looked away and the crew member handed me the photo back. In fact, looking back I honestly don't know if he looked at me at all.

Maybe some of you thought the same and some of you will probably come back and explain to me that he was very busy and couldn't talk to everyone. I know this! But it wasn't just the chat that I was disapointed about (posts on this forum before had suggested he didn't mind a quick chat when signing), it was just minimal eye contact, sign the photo then look away to sign the next item, without so much of a 'Hi' or 'See you'. Comapred to Lea who was just so nice to talk to, it was a bit of a shame.

I would agree. I have never ever posted bad feedback about a guest before and don't get me wrong i was still happy to meet him but he didn't look up or say much to me.

People has previously posted that he was lovely and chatty and so I decided he was worth the extra money. But yet when I met him it was a little disappointing.

Have to agree with the first two posts I'm afraid.

I have been waiting years, and all day Saturday to meet Christopher and he didn't even greet me with a 'hello, how are you?', obviously I wasn't expecting a full on chat but a greeting would be nice. He did look at me very briefly when he finished the autograph but still said nothing, and I had to offer my hand first.

Very much treated like a real conveyour belt system and I was a little disappointed considering I had waited all day suffering bad ache pains, and had just handed over £25 to meet him.

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

Yeah... I found that this was the case for me also, during the photo shoot early in the day he was nice, not overly chatty but still nice however he must have been very tired when I got my auto after he broke for lunch. I tried sparking up a conversation regarding how our photo-shoot turned out and I got little less than a mumble in reply but that's to be expected considering how long a day it must have been for him and at his age. Overall it was still a really great experience meeting him. :)

When I met him he was absolutely lovely to me looked at me and answered my few questions I had and the lady who was with him did say my questions were well thought out and good. He even smiled at me when I said was nice to meet him . Am sorry for other people who didn't have a good experience

Christopher is one of my favourite actors ever, so the chance to meet and at least get a 'hello' from him was a dream come true....Unfortunately I had more repartee with him when I got my photo than when I got an auto, and this encounter was one of my low points of the day.

Despite having a pre-paid Early Bird ticket and queuing early, we didn't make it through the doors until almost 9:30. I grabbed a VQ ticket for his line straight away - number 661. By the time 6pm was approaching the crew was cutting the line off at 700 - the impression I was given being that he had been taking his time with people etc. When I got to the desk, there was a crew member stood directly opposite him waiting to take the signed item to pass back to me so I wasn't even really near him, I had to lean in, quickly thanked him for being there, said how much I loved his work and that I looked forward to more. He did look up briefly and smile (actually he looked as if he might say something but figured he'd best not) then looked back down to finish signing his name, and before I'd realise had chance to process anything I was being moved aside. I've been to enough of these events and met enough of the huge crowd-pullers to appreciate that sometimes that a conveyor belt system needs to be implemented, but I felt as if I was being punished just because I had a lower VQ ticket - that no forethought had been put in to think 'Oh, we've handed out X number of VQ tickets, maybe we should try to even out how much time each person gets with him.' The same happened with Alex Kingston back in Milton Keynes, where some people were saying 'She was lovely - we had a great chat with her' whilst others were grouching that they hadn't even garnered a reaction from her.

At the end of the day I got a photoshoot and an autograph from a true legend and I don't want to give bad feedback because I appreciate all the hard work SM do, but I felt that Christopher's line was badly handled and, in my case, having the crew member getting in the way, stopping me from even having the opportunity to stand opposite him was highly disappointing.

I didn't meet him last time he was over but I seem to remember people saying he was very chatty at the start of the day last time, the downside was that he ended up getting through a fairly small number of autographs and a lot of people went home dissapointed. Maybe he took the decision this time to be less chatty so at least the majority came away with something.

Similar experience for me. He seems really cheery and friendly at the photo shoot but by the time I was able to join his auto queue (5:10pm having got the VT at 9:30!!!) he looked incredibly tired and didn't say anything. Actually I think he might have said hello - but there was a lot of ushering and he was signing really slowly and carefully. I can well believe that he'd taken too long chatting earlier on and was under orders not to chat any more.

To be honest I was kind of expecting him to be quiet. I remember a Wogan interview he did when BTTF III came out - he was on with Mary Steenburgen - and he barely said a word there either! But it was experience of seeing him in the flesh that mattered and I got that.

The delays to the cue were the most infuriating aspect!!!

Now Lea Thompson on the other hand - OMG how fantastic was she? She looked just as excited and enthusiastic and brilliant at 5pm as she had when I saw her at 11. A wonderful lady. Lea and Karen Gillan were the definite hightlights for me! (Even though Karen was justed as rushed as Chris)

Edited by spymaster

I appreciate that Christopher is obviously older and his name takes a little longer to sign than others, but I got the impression that he'd been chatty with people earlier in the day and then as it got later he was rushed through because by late afternoon he'd barely passed the 350 mark. I saw no 'No personalisation' sign, but I wasn't even allowed to have my name - not sure if others did?

Lea was absolutely amazing to chat to - she kept asking me about my disabilities and wishing me well etc which was really sweet. Really interesting lady, even when I went in for the photoshoot. Everybody there that I had the chance to meet was chatty, even when they had a big queue. I wasn't able to get Christopher Lambert or Karen Gillan (where the heck was her table? I couldn't find it...) autos so I don't know what they were like, but Mr Lloyd's encounter was (regardless of its awesomeness) the least fun and most frustrating.

Edited by Fozziefuzz

Same here. He was kind enough to smile and acknowledge my presence; not the perfect encounter but still ok as I know how things are when a certain guest gets super busy. So I don't really want to complain. What is less acceptable is when guests who are not busy at all don't even take notice that you are there like Lisa Marie who was oddly cold. I never criticise guests as I understand we all have our tiring moments etc. but in her case a litttle more consideration for the guest would have been appreciated.

I appreciate that Christopher is obviously older and his name takes a little longer to sign than others, but I got the impression that he'd been chatty with people earlier in the day and then as it got later he was rushed through because by late afternoon he'd barely passed the 350 mark. I saw no 'No personalisation' sign, but I wasn't even allowed to have my name - not sure if others did?

Lea was absolutely amazing to chat to - she kept asking me about my disabilities and wishing me well etc which was really sweet. Really interesting lady, even when I went in for the photoshoot. Everybody there that I had the chance to meet was chatty, even when they had a big queue. I wasn't able to get Christopher Lambert or Karen Gillan (where the heck was her table? I couldn't find it...) autos so I don't know what they were like, but Mr Lloyd's encounter was (regardless of its awesomeness) the least fun and most frustrating.

My VQ ticket was 82 and I saw him just after 11am, and he was certainly no more chatty then than he was later. Even at 11am there was almost no conversation. It wasn't at all rushed then, but he still didn't talk much. I thought the crew members did well at that point, maybe later on things were different, but I left soon after.

My VQ ticket was 82 and I saw him just after 11am, and he was certainly no more chatty then than he was later. Even at 11am there was almost no conversation. It wasn't at all rushed then, but he still didn't talk much. I thought the crew members did well at that point, maybe later on things were different, but I left soon after.

That is my misunderstanding and my apology is offered then for assuming otherwise. I don't know what was going on earlier to hold up the flow. My main issue was just with how people were being rushed through at the very end, but I'm grateful I was able to get his auto at all as, considering how far behind us the ealy bird pre-paid line went, I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who'd pruchased their tickets early and missed out.

i also met him yesterday "saturday"

its been a life long dream to meet him, so im not that bothered that he didnt talk much

bare in mind that i got there at 9.00am, and didnt get ot meet him till after 5.00pm as he had a lot of people to meet.

he didnt say much with me but that could be because he had been signing almost non stop for everyone all day, people here having as many items signed by him as they could.

when i got there, the staff were pretty dam rude.

he had maybe 4 staff with him, just taken items and handing them to him and passing them back to the fans...now thats not the rude part really. ill get to it.

i know he was very busy, and probs more chatty at the start so i dont mind.

but the one guy that pissed me off all day while waiting, is the same guy that pissed me and everyone else off at MK a few months back

mr loud mouth.

one of the staff shouts at the top of his voice at the fans waiting.

at one point he shouted out "if you lot dont have the right ticket number im gona kick your ass!"

a lot of fans complained about him when he was at MK with alex kingston. i think thats who he was with

and people lkineing up were also saying what a spam he was.

other then that, im very glad i got to meet mr lloyd. so thank you SM for getting him.

Gotta say, I've met Christopher Lloyd at both Showmasters events he has attended and both times he was extremely busy. When it comes to busy guests, I can fully understand the lack of interaction that does tend to happen and I'm not gonna be picky about it at all. In all honesty, I'd rather the guest in question is able to get through as many people as possible, especially when VQ tickets numbers of say 500 or more have been given out. It'd disappoint a lot of people who can only make it to the event of one of the days, want to meet a busy guest and can't because of the sheer number of others who want to meet that guest and expect the guest to chat to them, answer their questions and so forth.

Now yeah, I guess it's a downer if the guest doesn't look up at you, doesn't answer you if you ask how they are and so on, but it's gonna happen. Christopher was insane busy, and perhaps he had arrived at the show after getting off the jet, little to no time to relax and be ready? Not too sure but I know that happens.

But as for this Mr. Loud Mouth, gotta say I agree. Dude was annoying, shouting out "MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UP TO TICKET NUMBER XX OR COME BACK LATER!!!" every minute and yet he wasn't even checking ticket numbers! I had ticket number 40 and I went to meet Christopher at say 12.00 when ticket numbers as high as 600 had been given out. So I joined the back of the queue, had my ticket ready to show, this guy is shouting his repeated line constantly, I'm standing more or less beside him, shouts what felt like directly into my ear, but didn't bother checking my ticket number or those in front of me. Kind of defeats the purpose shouting at people to have the right ticket number yet doesn't even check it. I know his there to do a job, but do it properly or not at all, and don't be a jerk about it. Afterall, we're paying customers and I don't like the fact the staff act like that. Not all the staff, a lot of the staff are great and very helpful, but there has to be one that takes it waaaay too seriously.

Met Christopher both Saturday and Sunday. He was as friendly and as chatty as can be expected when trying to make sure everybody goes home with an autograph. After meeting him late on the Sunday, as I was leaving I said " I hope we see you back in the UK again soon". He then put down his pen and went to shake my hand, which I wasn't expecting!! More than happy with the brief meeting; Just as well, as I bought 2 photoshoots and 'ahem' several autographs...

I met Christopher Lloyd relatively early Saturday morning and he was really friendly and chatty enough - I had a bried conversation with him about BTTF series and his favourite film of the 3 being the 3rd because he got to play around on Steam trains and that Doc had a love interest. We also spoke about Piranha 3D and the fact that he's made second and third installments in that franchise. He signed my poster with a quote and also shook my hand afterwards.

Sounds a pretty different exprience to most in this thread, but I was really pleased with Mr. Lloyd.

I shall say EXACTLY how I feel at meeting Christopher Lloyd.

The man was absolutely lovely to me, we had a very brief chat, shook hands and I was more than delighted at meeting the "Doc" wont get any complaints from me.

:)

Right i've now had a day to mull over my feelings about meeting Chris as if I had done this last night I would have been in an incoherent angry/upset/embraced mess.

Firstly lets get a couple things clear, i'm not a big autograph collector, I meet the celebrities that had an extremely large impact on me as a child and a young adult because they helped me get to a Film & TV career i'm in today. Usually I'll get one of my possessions like a DVD or a prop signed and they will then sit on my shelf. With Chris I wanted a picture signed and dedicated to frame on my wall as one of the first films I remember watching as a child was BTTF2. So obviously when I heard he was attending there was quite a lot of excitement on my part to finally meet him.

Me and my girlfriend bought early bird tickets and arrived at earls court at 8:30 to a massive cue, we didn't get inside until around 9:20 where by the time we had reached his stall the ticket stubs were already at 423/424 for me and my other half. I was not due to meet anyone else that day apart from a Doctor Who guest and my girlfriend only wanted to meet Lloyd. So began the long and sitting on the floor for five minutes until we were asked to move set up that was the rest of our day. By the time it had reached 4:00 they were still only up to 380 on the tickets which was making me slightly nervous. At times I would go up to the staff in charge of the line and ask for any ideas he would have on when the line would get to X number and he brushed me aside simply asking me to move out of the way (thanks by the way).

Slowly the numbers hit 410, we were only 13/14 places away!!! We waited around the line and suddenly it hit! "Seeing tickets 1-500!" We rushed in que eager to meet him and suddenly we hear the words both of us were dreading. "NO MORE PERSONALISED SIGNINGS FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS"

My heart sank as as I have already mentioned that all I wanted was a framed dedicated picture. "At least I'm still getting the picture signed!" I thought, I moved on and went to the line of pictures. My heart sank again, I had previously looked at the line earlier in the day and saw some fairly good pictures however when I finally had a chance to pick all I saw in front of my were a selection of extremely poor resolution BTTF pictures of Star Trek III pictures (which I had no intention of getting!). I was shocked at how low quality some of these images were and I would think that for £25 the people looking for images could have gone to the little google search bar when they were looking for images and clicked "Image Size: Large".

"At least I'm still meeting him…" I thought, it soon became clear that even that would be tainted, before I had even reached the table the staff member sitting next to him had taken my photo and was putting it in line to be signed like a conveyer belt. I told my story of how I was 12 names off and how all I wanted was for this to be dedicated but she wouldn't budge (she was very sympathetic however I can see why she couldn't give in as otherwise she would have to for everyone). My goal for a framed picture as I imagined was going out of the window fast and I was getting quite upset.

Finally I had my chance to speak to him, I reached out my hand and shook his saying how much of am impact he had on my childhood and thanked him for it all, he seemed sincerely grateful and I'm glad I met him however as others have said a majority of the time he was looking away and signing other peoples pictures in the conveyer belt (not his fault by any means he had obviously been told how things were about to go from onwards). I know its corny and as I said earlier extremely embracing but I was getting a bit teary eyed at how badly/quickly it had all gone so I took that as my que to leave before I got a bit more….emotional.

Looking back on it all I was angry at the staff and the way the day was executed. During the time me and my girlfriend were waiting and slowly watching as the counter hit our number I was consoling both of us by saying "well if he's only at that number he's taking his time with people so it will be more worth it when we meet him". 13 numbers off. All I'm saying. I was upset at the little amount of images I had to work with seconds before I met him and embarrassed at myself for getting that upset at the whole thing.

For a convention that I am already loosing a high amount of hope in after the last few years and utter lack of A list comic guests I think I could be done with LFCC. I'll have to think about it more.

Sorry you've been left so disappointed JaySchluffy and I can appreciate why you wanted something special from the meeting but unfortunately the practicalities of these events don't always allow for the extras. He is getting quite old and is quite a slow signer athough it's a beautifully clear signature.

I actually assumed he wouldn't be personalising because of these factors so not getting my picture personalised didn't matter to me, even though I loved that fil and even used to skip classes occasionally to see it however many times i did. I told that to Lea and she giggled and loved the story.

Anyway, I also sourced some of my own pictures for some of the guests and for him I'm glad I did. It's a great close-up of him from BTTF III leaning out of the window of his time train. A super picture, signed really nicely in silver. He even said it was a good picture when I put it in front of him.

The others either had the same picture I had or others I liked (except Derek Jacobi who had the same picture but in much poorer quality - so I used mine there too).

If you know you want something specific, it's always best to take your own as the quality of the supplied ones can vary.

Personally, yes it was a brief experience but I shook his hand and he thanked me for the things I'd said. Perfectly personable, smiled and was welcoming and friendly in the photoshoots (I had both an ordinary one and the delorean one) and I was very happy to have met him finally. A bit more time to talk might have been nice, or a personalisation but I went to him on saturday afternoon and he was starting to look a bit tired but overall, to be honest I got what I expected and am happy.

Edited by Rockstar6662

I had a photoshoot with Christopher on Saturday morning and as I walked towards him he was smiling and said hi to me and seemed happy to be there

I went over to meet him for his autograph just before lunch time on Saturday and although he did smile at me he was mainly looking down to sign my DVD and photo. I asked him to personalise the photo and as he was doing this, a lady crew member came over shouting at him "no personalisations" and he said to her "i know, I promise I won't do it again"

Although I was really happy that he did personalise my photo, I got the impression that he was just being made to sit and sign

Still it was amazing to meet Christopher the man is a legend