alex kingston

I think the MK experience took everyone by surprise at how popular she would be. Things seemed far less fraught this time and even though she was very late arriveing (not her fault by any means) she was an absolute sweetie. Being gold, I got to see her straight after photoshoot (though I was told she'd managed to get a bit of signing in by then after all) and got my photo personalised and exchanged a few words. All done with a stunning smile.

And if you weren't there, her shock when she walked into the talk and saw how many people were there waiting was so funny. She seemed genuinely taken aback. I think I may have a photo of her reaction but been too tired to look since getting home. And she gave really thoughtful and detailed answers but I had to leave before the end so I hope it continued that way.

I didn't see her at MK but I had heard what people said. I witnessed none of that, I expected it would be very rushed and I would have to fight to get what I wanted in the end she very much led the chat we have as I got her to sign my picture and was more then happy to hug :D

And she is soooooo beautiful! Sadly I missed her chat I had to get home but meeting her was the highlight of my life :D:wub:

I cannot say enough good things about Alex Kingston, at all!

She was the highlight of the entire weekend... Heck even the highlight of most of my life. Although she was late, which was not her fault (but it got me very worried :wub: ), she had time for everybody it seemed and was so chatty when I met her at the table, looking up and smiling chatting along. Even telling me how much I should look forward to seeing the 2 latest episodes of Doctor Who (Episode 6 and 7 of Season 6), because of the secrets that are revealed. Was very happy to write "Spoilers Sweetie" on my photo while also dedicating it to me in the process. Such a lovely lady ^^

Also she was very happy to give me a hug at the photoshoot, which gave me the experience of a lifetime, and one very fantastic photo, that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

Oooooh and how could I forget the talk, she seemed so relaxed (like all the time I saw her), and was very funny. Even answered my question... Ooh boy, and the expression on her face when she saw how many people were waiting for her, poor gal :D , but she handled it so very well.

She was amazing! One of the best experiences i've had, she was lovely when I went into the photo shoot, I was wearing my "Hello Sweetie" t-shirt in the oldest language written in the shoot I got from the Dr Who Experience a few months beforehand. She hugged me in the photo shoot, and as we posed for the photo she asked me if I was wearing a Hello Sweetie t-shirt to which I shyly replied "Ermm.. Yeahh I am" (I was rather star-truck lol) She then started laughing, which made me laugh just as Malcolm took the photo, and led to a lovely and natural looking photo!

I also went back for her autograph after the shoot, and she was so lovely and talkative, as soon as she clocked onto me at the desk, she carried on the conversation about my t-shirt as if I'd never left. She even asked where I got it as she wanted one xD

Amazing and talkative guest, even in the middle of a busy day she still stopped and had time to chat to her fans. Amazing guest! :) :) Along with Karen she was one of the highlights of my weekend :D

She was amazing! One of the best experiences i've had, she was lovely when I went into the photo shoot, I was wearing my "Hello Sweetie" t-shirt in the oldest language written in the shoot I got from the Dr Who Experience a few months beforehand. She hugged me in the photo shoot, and as we posed for the photo she asked me if I was wearing a Hello Sweetie t-shirt to which I shyly replied "Ermm.. Yeahh I am" (I was rather star-truck lol) She then started laughing, which made me laugh just as Malcolm took the photo, and led to a lovely and natural looking photo!

I also went back for her autograph after the shoot, and she was so lovely and talkative, as soon as she clocked onto me at the desk, she carried on the conversation about my t-shirt as if I'd never left. She even asked where I got it as she wanted one xD

Amazing and talkative guest, even in the middle of a busy day she still stopped and had time to chat to her fans. Amazing guest! :) :) Along with Karen she was one of the highlights of my weekend :YAHOO:

She answered my question (about ER) which I was thrilled about, my picture was fab (the only shoot I had at the weekend, where my husband didn't conment on my lack of smile!) and her talk was very fun!

Well for me it was three firsts, i was the very first person at the gate for EC2 this morning (in all the yrs i have been attending these shows i have never ever been first before) and secondly i was the very first person to be in the q for the prepaid ticket holders and finally first in getting VT number ONE for Alex. After a slight hiccup and we were told to come back AFTER her photoshoot me and my wife and daughter joined the q and was finally able to meet her. I had 2 items signed a glamour photo of my own that i took to the show with me and a flat packed futre sonic screwdriver box. Alex kindly signed the box using my orange sharpie and the photo with my purple sharpie, my photo dedicated to me and the box just her signature on it. This made my day complete as this was exactly what i wanted and she was the last guest i needed for the day. I must take this opp here to thank TooTall for clearly explaining the situation re the new 0 blue tickets and when we could come back to meet her and get the autos.Many thanks as at least you allayed our fears there back then. Top man Many thanks once again. As to Alex herself a very nice lady so so glad to have met her and to have had my items signed EXACTLY how i wanted them. ( SEE BRINGING YOUR OWN SHARPIES AND 10X8S DOES WORK) lol. Many thanks for a memorable experience. Keep up the good work

I had a bit of a bad experience with alex in the auograph session, but it was my own fault.

I thought she looked tired throughout BUT this just goes to show how proffesional and great she is, she made time for ppl in the auto session, wasnt just a conveyer belt like some ppl have experienced with busy actors, or really rushed like karens, she allowed poses in the studio, didnt mind anyone asking for hugs there also, she was proffesional in her talk and visably moved by the amount of ppl waiting for her which was lovely to see.

and despite running very late, she still got through a vast amount of autos and photos and a talk, its just a shame the talk felt so short.

alex is fantastic,

Im sure in the mk thread there are pages like you say karen had of feedback.

I hope both alex and karen return to cons in the uk soon! they will be very popular for a long time to come. alex at mk was as busy as karen at LFCC, both were lovely to the fans,

how brillaint it is that as a who fan I can meet the stars in there prime and whilst there still in the show! I didnt get that chance as a kid with classic who. not that there were many widly publisised affordable chances.

What a fantastic, lovely lady. I can't say enough good things about her.

We were last in the queue to get her auto graph just before she went for lunch. She was extremely friendly, dedicated the auto to my daughter and wrote "Hello Sweetie" and "River Song" too. My daughter gave her a packet of iced gems which she seemed very happy about and said she would have with her cup of tea, this along with Karen's equally enthusiastic response made my daughter's day.

An awesome guest experience which I wouldn't hesitate to repeat.

Edited by theblackrose

I had a bit of a bad experience with alex in the auograph session, but it was my own fault.

I thought she looked tired throughout BUT this just goes to show how proffesional and great she is, she made time for ppl in the auto session, wasnt just a conveyer belt like some ppl have experienced with busy actors, or really rushed like karens, she allowed poses in the studio, didnt mind anyone asking for hugs there also, she was proffesional in her talk and visably moved by the amount of ppl waiting for her which was lovely to see.

and despite running very late, she still got through a vast amount of autos and photos and a talk, its just a shame the talk felt so short.

alex is fantastic,

Im sure in the mk thread there are pages like you say karen had of feedback.

I hope both alex and karen return to cons in the uk soon! they will be very popular for a long time to come. alex at mk was as busy as karen at LFCC, both were lovely to the fans,

how brillaint it is that as a who fan I can meet the stars in there prime and whilst there still in the show! I didnt get that chance as a kid with classic who. not that there were many widly publisised affordable chances.

Aww. That was lovely.

I loved her before Doctor Who to be honest. But I do adore River. I was a little worried from MK reviews what she would be like it is hard if you adore someone if they are not very nice in person.

But she was with me and everyone I saw her with, there was a girl in front of with a sonic screwdriver that was tiny and she tried her best to sign it! I thought that was so sweet :(

And she took time to look at the picture I had drawn her, I mean it was not a huge amount of time possibly a few minutes but she made them feel so special and worthwhile you know?

I thought she looked beautiful the whole time :P:vader:

I must admit, through everyone we have met these past nine months, she was the one I was "omg" the most, purley because we are watching ER at the moment and for me, it wasnt River Song but Elizabeth Corday, I watched some last night and I was squeeling the whole time!!

Did you noisily fart and then follow through just as you handed over your photo to be signed? I find the thing to do is to start easing up on roughage in the days leading up to the event, it minimises the risk of those sorts of embarrasing situations from arising.

I must admit, through everyone we have met these past nine months, she was the one I was "omg" the most, purley because we are watching ER at the moment and for me, it wasnt River Song but Elizabeth Corday, I watched some last night and I was squeeling the whole time!!

I loved her in a lot of things. She was in Hope Springs and I adored her in that and this movie Sweet land <3 so adorable.

I do love River though and she was amazing in ER :vader: she is just amazing in general :P

Plus I loved my photo, it was a hug one and she wrapped both arms around me it didn't look like she was forced to hug me! It looked like she enjoyed it, it meant a lot to me even family members as me if she is my friend or something, lol those who do not know who she is!

Did you noisily fart and then follow through just as you handed over your photo to be signed? I find the thing to do is to start easing up on roughage in the days leading up to the event, it minimises the risk of those sorts of embarrasing situations from arising.

I had too much garlic the day before lol, no I didn't fart in front of her lol, no way in hell that would ever happen

TBH im still a bit down/depressed about the whole thing.

Edited by timelord81r

I had too much garlic the day before lol, no I didn't fart in front of her lol, no way in hell that would ever happen

I saw you!!!!!!!

When you got your photo took :vader: I was not far behind you :P

I'm a complete Alex Kingston fan, and she was everything that I'd imagined her to be; beautiful, engaging, and very sexy!

I was 4th in the autograph queue, and we had a chat about when I'd first seen her appear (on 'Grange Hill'; she blushed and said that was so long ago, how could I remember), about not watching ER after she'd left (she said that she stopped watching too), and about a special item I asked her to sign.

A lovely lady, and someone who I'd very much like to meet again (hint, hint SM).

As long as you controlled your bowels I can't imagine you did anything too bad, I really wouldn't worry about it, you can drive yourself mad dwelling on things like that too much!

Sorry to hear that as your weekend seemed to be going very well (if incredibly busy). I'm sure in your head whatever it was seems far worse than the reality.

I was horrified when I saw my Karen photo and how close to being very inappropriate the positioning of my hand is but luckily it's ok and I love the photo.

I loved how shocked she was when she walked into the talk session and saw all those people waiting for her. She seemed genuinely taken aback. I posted a photo of her looking shocked in the main photo thread above I think.

Being honest she did seem a little tired but I'm guessing she has a pretty grueling schedule at the moment. However she kept that great smile going and was a pleasure to meet and exchange a few words with. I said how much I was enjoying the current DW and totally didn't guess the twist and she gave me a big smile and very earnestly told me to be sure not to miss what was coming. Can't wait :thumbup:

Alex was amazing ;)

though her signing area was in a hidden area which was a bit of a disapointment that I could not take photos of her signing etc... but it was understandable. I was very happy that her steward took note of exactly what I wanted to have signed on the auto and relayed it to Alex who then took time to personalise the autos, with a "Hello Sweetie" and or "Spoilers" which made me very happy. Her talk was great, though it was over to soon, bring her back anytime. :thumbup::wub:

PS Come on BBC we want a River Song spinoff :P