Bit disappointed

Overal the event was good, nice to see different stalls than usual and a nice variety of guests etc. The only real gripe I have is this is the second time I've come to an event for Garrick Hagon only for him to cancel. While I know showmasters can't help guests being ill or work commitments but an announcement on the forum would've been nice before setting of specifically for him as he was only there today. Asking the crew I just got pointed to the star wars corner before asking a pit boss who got on her mic and then found out herself he cancelled. I accept your busy but it only takes a minute to add a note on the forum.

Overal the event was good, nice to see different stalls than usual and a nice variety of guests etc. The only real gripe I have is this is the second time I've come to an event for Garrick Hagon only for him to cancel. While I know showmasters can't help guests being ill or work commitments but an announcement on the forum would've been nice before setting of specifically for him as he was only there today. Asking the crew I just got pointed to the star wars corner before asking a pit boss who got on her mic and then found out herself he cancelled. I accept your busy but it only takes a minute to add a note on the forum.

Garrick turned up on the wrong day yesterday, no one expected him there yesterday, he misread his email. There was no table or anything ready for him when he turned up. So an added bonus yesterday but a loss for today

Fon

Thanks for the reply. I wouldve preferred coming yesterday but changed my plans and begged the mother in law to babysit and braved the rail replacement bus just to get Garrick Hagon to sign my poster only to find he didn't turn up and it maybe known he wouldn't do as he came yesterday and no notice was given today. On the plus side I did get dave prowse, kenny baker and Jeremy bulluch ( what a nice bloke! ) to start my posters so not a total waste by any means but still annoying after all the changing of plans etc

Hopefully Garrick will be at another for you to meet him. I met him in March then afgain on Saturday and he remebered me from the previous event. He is a lovely bloke.

Garrick has recently started attending more events so Im sure you will get to see him soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Regret is a mother£"$@%$

I got one signature from him, then on Sunday found a bargain 12 inch wedge and biggs at one of the stalls and went to get it signed and he wasnt there....Noooooooo.....

Please bring GH back , I will get two more auto's, I promise.

Pinkyswear.

Thanks for the reply. I wouldve preferred coming yesterday but changed my plans and begged the mother in law to babysit and braved the rail replacement bus just to get Garrick Hagon to sign my poster only to find he didn't turn up and it maybe known he wouldn't do as he came yesterday and no notice was given today. On the plus side I did get dave prowse, kenny baker and Jeremy bulluch ( what a nice bloke! ) to start my posters so not a total waste by any means but still annoying after all the changing of plans etc

You've got that right about Jeremy Bulloch! He spent the whole time standing in front of his table so he could greet the fans up front! A shame about Garick Hagon but he does conventions quite a lot, so here's hoping he'll turn up at LFCC some time again soon.