Original photo shoot files

I would be quite happy to purchase a JPEG but maybe give people the option of a print or a jpeg? I personally would prefer to have the file so that I can print it myself. Might also save the rush to the photo table at the end of the day.

Does anyone know how long SM keep the original photoshoot files for?

That may depend upon the photographer.

I am pretty sure Malcolm has said he has all the files on an external harddrive.

But the other two may or may not do the same.

Perhaps someone else knows better.

I very much want a digital copy. I am looking at my Shatner photoshoot right now and thinking what if this gets water damaged, burnt, stolen, falls off the shelf and the glass breaks and scratches up my only copy of this photo??????

having a numbered ticket for the shoot, would limit the access, and watermarking the crap out of the image would mean even the most dedicated pedo wouldnt bother with the image even if he could see it...

I REQUIRE DIGITAL COPIES (as well as a print thankyou very much, Mr Shatner signed my photo too, as well as karen G, Brent Spiner, Peter Jurasik etc etc...I just want digital copies AS WELL !!

ps don't tell me it costs x pounds worth of work to get you your photo. once the system is implemented, it will be virtually automated from sign in (you sign in, maybe with your showmasters log in for example) to selection of image (you select your image) to purchase (paypal or card) to receiving it (you download it directly from showmasters webzone). How is anyone involved beyond importing the images to the server in the first place?

Dont resize it, dont email it, i have broadband, I'll get it my own self thankyou very much.

I'm sure amazon dont charge you five pounds to buy a product because they have had to struggle to put it on their website.

someone uploads a photo, copy/paste some text, checks the barcode, checks the manufacturers web links are still accurate etc etc...and thats more work than this system will require on a photo by photo basis (granted someones gonna have to set it up initially of course).

This should easily be accomplished by next years con.

I'm sure amazon dont charge you five pounds to buy a product because they have had to struggle to put it on their website.

I am sorry, but that was a bad example.

When online shops puts up a photo and a description of a product, they expect to sell a certain number of that product. And you can be sure, that a small amount of the price you pay for that product goes to maintain the website. But they doesn't have to make a lot of each sale for that because each product will sell several times.

Interesting discussion.

The balance between sorting this so it's easy for the fans and in particular the organisers to deal with, and respecting people's privacy so that fans' pictures can't just be bought by anyone will probably take some thought.

But I'm not sure I would buy a jpeg anyway.

I scan in my photo-shoot prints and autographs, and put them in photo-books along with photos I've taken myself at the event - and I find my scanned copies to be perfectly adequate.

In fact the quality of the scanned copy is so good that if I wanted to get one of those large canvas wall art prints done up (not that I would, a massive me looming over everyone in the lounge, not good!! even if it did also have Aidan Turner or Joel Gretsch in it!!) the photo company I use say the uploaded scanned copy is a good enough resolution.

It's great to have a back-up of my photo-ops and autographs - my old scanner wasn't up to the job, but now I have a Canon Pixma MP560 in case anyone is interested.

It's great to have a back-up of my photo-ops and autographs - my old scanner wasn't up to the job, but now I have a Canon Pixma MP560 in case anyone is interested.

Thanks for the tip - my scanner is not very good, so I appreciate knowing what works for other people!

Thanks for the tip - my scanner is not very good, so I appreciate knowing what works for other people!

Glad to have been helpful!!