Favourite guest?

Alex Kingston was amazing. Although I got a bit star struck and didn't say anything, which I wish I did!! But she was so down to earth and there was a guy in front of me who had painted a canvas of her for her to sign and she was so in awe of it, it was really sweet!

I only met a handful of guests for autos, but had loadssss of photoshoots!

Have to say, that I adore Shawnee Smith, she was so nice and pleasant , it really lived up to my expectations and then some. She remembered me in the photoshoot too, and greeted me with a very enthusiastic hello, it was wonderful!!

Answered the questions I had, and thanked me for some of my comments, asked her if she preferred doing Saw or The Blob, she couldn't decide, because she liked them both for different reasons :)

I regret not getting my photoshoot pic signed by Alex Kingston, because it was a keeper! Hopefully Showmasters will bring her back in the future at some point, I sure hope so. I only had a few seconds with her at the photoshoot, but she greeted me warmly, and when I said "Can I have a hug pleeeeease?", made the please sound really sweet when I said it lol, she just grabbed hold of me, and we hugged tight! She also made an effort to thank me afterwards, even though the pleasure was all mine! Great experience, please bring her back in the future, I'd love to get a siggy :D

Michael Bailey Smith was cool, but as with any first guest I meet at a show, I found it hard to make much conversation, I was warming up at that point, but I still managed to get a good meet with him.

I know that some have said that Tom Sizemore was rude, but when I met him he stopped talking to his guest assistant and vice versa, and both parties acknowledged me very quickly, which was awesome! Many thanks to whoever his assistant was on the Sunday! Anyway, he immediately struck up a conversation with me about Charlie Sheen (I had my Charlie Sheen "winning" t-shirt on) gave real insight to me and talked very openly with me, which was much appreciated, he was a legend! Said how much I enjoyed his performances in GTA: Vice City and Lock Up for which he thanked me, we shook hands, and away I went, happy as Larry (well Mattzo!!! actually :D )

All in all, a great day! I loved most aspects of it, but next time, I need to have more fun and mingle!

Oh I remember you and your T-shirt, thank you for your kind words, can't please all of the people all of the time although we do try. I thought Tom was one of the most open, genuine guests I've ever met. So glad you enjoyed meeting him.. did you go to his talk on the Sunday?

For me it was Sandahl Bergman she never tired of getting up from her photo's coming round the table for a posed photo wanted to chat with everbody for ages..amazed how slim she is...when she asked who do I sign this photo' to I replied Howard and she was amazed saying that is her dad's name!Wrote a long message on my photo' and I got a kiss on the lips!!!I told her I had wanted to meet her for ages she semed very flattered she even had her picture taken with people who were not in the line!Thanx Sandahl you were the perfect guest some of them could learn a lot from you!

I'll second that, she was really friendly.

:D-->

QUOTE(king b @ Jul 12 2011, 10:40 AM) 1669932[/snapback]

I like to mention both Kyla Cole and Holly Mcguire, they were the most talkative guests i met during the three days and both were a really great to meet, plus Holly charging £5 for an autograph on small photo plus a free calander and a free auto = great deal

best deal ever... i got 3 little pics signed and 2 calenders signed just for £10 other guests take note lol

Didn't get to meet as many as I wanted to equally due to time and budgetry restraints :D

Think my favourite of the guests I met were either Lea Thompson or Robert Knepper. Lea was SUCH a sweetheart in our photoshoot and lovely to talk to at the signing table. And Robert? I now have a downright disturbing infatuation with this man... He was adorable in the photoshoot and great in his talk. Unfortunately I didn't get autos from him, cos he'd left by the time I got our photoshoot back (which I wanted him to sign) so gutted about that. Maybe i'll meet him again in the future.

But a big, special shoutout HAS to be given to Karen Gillan. What a remarkable girl she is. Such a trouper. I didn't even try to get her auto but did manage to get a photoshoot ticket. She was very lovely and from what I understand worked so long and hard to make sure everyone who wanted her auto got one. Brilliant for a first time guest. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say she'd be VERY welcome to come back for a future event.

Robert Knepper is now very high on my list of awesome, every single time i saw him over the weekend he kept getting me to repeat things because he thought my accent was cute , what can i say i think im :D up lol .

Mark was also awesome, nice to finally get to meet him after many a failed attempt over the last few years , next time i hope im not half way through the mild panic attack i had this time because of how busy it was on sat.

Walter Koenig based on the fact that he's... Walter Koenig! The reason I went there in the first place He wasn't overly chatty, but I've heard he's quite shy in real life so that's ok. I got what I came for so I was very happy.

Brent Spiner is the nicest and funniest celebrity I've ever met. He went out of his way to talk and joke with his fans. He made my day and I soooo regret not taking a pic with him. I hope he'll be back some day.

My favourite guest was Robert Knepper - got a hug at photoshoot and autograph :P

Enjoyed the whole weekend hugged Brian Tochi, Stephen Furst, Peter Jurasik, Joel Gretsch, Erin Gray, Gil Gerard, Corey Johnson, Charley Bewley, Christopher Lloyd, Christopher Lambert ,Jeremy Bulloch ...did I mention I hugged Robert Knepper :D and everbody's favourite .... Too Tall :P:D

Would have loved to have said Karen Gillan but had to leave at midday on Saturday so ran out of time -

My first time meeting Sophie Aldred and she was lovely and chatty so she is my fav of the weekend.

Other than that, Sarah Sutton & Louise Jameson were also really nice.

Walter Koenig based on the fact that he's... Walter Koenig! The reason I went there in the first place He wasn't overly chatty, but I've heard he's quite shy in real life so that's ok. I got what I came for so I was very happy.

Brent Spiner is the nicest and funniest celebrity I've ever met. He went out of his way to talk and joke with his fans. He made my day and I soooo regret not taking a pic with him. I hope he'll be back some day.

Definitely Brent for me; he was delightful. An absolute legend. I got to chat with him about Insurrection, Fresh Hell and Independence Day. That said, all of the guests I met were lovely, so big thanks to Mark Sheppard, Robert Knepper, Harry Melling, Natalia Tena and Georgina Leonidas for being so nice.

I only got a photo with Walter Koenig (and Karen Gillan and Christopher Lloyd, too), so didn't get a chance to chat with him, but as I walked up to him I said "Good afternoon, sir." to him but he was so busy trying to read what it said on my t-shirt that he took a few seconds to realise I'd said something. He said "Eh? What?", I repeated myself and he said "Oh, good afternoon." Such a sweetie.

I thought Robert Knepper was a star - had a good chat with him about Prison Break and asked how his birthday was and he was so nice. He also shouted out " Ben is here" when i had my photo done with him. I think his son is called Ben also.

Stephen Furst was a lovely man - i watched The Dream Team when i was young and he was so nice and had a picture at his table and was just a lovely man - said it was nice to meet me.

Christopher Lloyd i met with the Deloean Shoot and although that was quick, i got a handshake and a smile and that was cool.

It was classic also meeting Corey Feldman - like Robert Knepper i had a photo but decided on the day to get an autograph also as i had more chance of a talk - I told him i made my girlfriend watch The Goonies recently as she had never seen it and he asked me why i would put her through that misery lol - we also talked about his birthday - awesome as i grew up with these guys films.

I had an awesome day - when else would you be able to meet these people? Cannot WAIT for next time.

Ben :lol:

My top marks got to:

Karen Gillan - Very friendly, bubbly and a real beauty

Brent Spiner - Very funny and very friendly (he even asked how much my Data figure cost me which was £10 and he joked that on ebay it's now worth £5 with his signature on it) such a nice guy

Mark Sheppard - Very funny & chatty, Loved my daughters name as it is also his wifes name (Jessica), he gave her a big smile & a hug

and finally

Alex Kingston - She loved my daughter and made her go all shy when she said "hello sweety" to her!

these are in no particular order ... I loved them all!!

The only guest I managed to meet was Robert Knepper and he was certainly nice when I met him on the Friday preview night. Shook my hand twice before and after signing my photos. Sadly I couldn't strike a proper conversation with him because I became ill from Friday afternoon and it continued throughout the weekend (I still attended LFCC anyway as I had bought a photoshoot and early bird tickets. Just had to fight my fatigue through the days). I think I may have freaked him out slightly with my unintentional zombie-ness. D'oh -.-

Hope SM get him to come back soon. Would love to meet him in better circumstances, especially when I'm not as ill. His stage talks were entertaining. Loved how he sometimes went into his T-Bag voice (such a fangirl of that character :P)

Edited by vash-chan

For me it was Christopher Lambert, he was a really nice guy.

I only heard about the event the week before, because he was listed as attending, so limited funds meant i could only get a couple of autographs and have a photo with him.

Edited by YANOULI

for me the best male star was christopher lambert,i did a 300 mile round trip to meet him and it was worth it,i got 3 pics signed by him all with a different quote on them,and a great picture at his photoshoot,i also very much enjoyed his talk,when he was asked a question he gave a very detailed answer not just a few words,a top star in my book,i hope he returns to another event soon,but saying that it took jason 10 years to get him so fingers crossed we dont have to wait that long again.

top female star for me was sandahl bergman,what a lovely lady she really is,i got a great signed pic ,a great photo from her photoshoot and a kiss and a hug,what more could anyone ask. :poki:

Edited by del-boy

Peter Jurasik and Stephen Furst were really friendly, funny and a great double act. Meeting Derek Jacobi was a dream come true for me as I'm a theatre goer and an English teacher. He was lovely and really modest. And, Christopher Lloyd of course - got both pics with him, though I'm waiting for the one just from him from the organisers.

• Showmasters Admin

and everbody's favourite .... Too Tall :wub: :wub:

<_<

Yes, I saw TooTall around a few times, I did wonder if I should ask him for an autograph... :wub:

I don't mind if people ask.

Just be aware if I'm moving quickly, it's probably because I'm going somewhere I need to be. But if you see me stationary or moving slowly, please feel free to ask :wub:

<_<

Yes, I saw TooTall around a few times, I did wonder if I should ask him for an autograph... ;)

Just be aware if I'm moving quickly, it's probably because I'm going somewhere I need to be. But if you see me stationary or moving slowly, please feel free to ask :wub:

I will next time :wub:

<_<

Yes, I saw TooTall around a few times, I did wonder if I should ask him for an autograph... :wub:

I managed to quickly say, "Hi Too Tall!"

Trying to remember when and where it was, but I said it nevertheless.

Met 32 guests over all 3 days!!

Found all the guests very friendly and approachable. The only person who i found a bit distant and not interested in being there was Cory Johnson. Anyone else find that? Stand out guests have to be Lea Thompson, Ashley Laurence, Vivica A Fox, Veronica Cartwright, Clive Barker ( who i managed to get a pic of him signing my hellraiser poster) Robert Knepper and Brian Tochi.