Favourite guest?

Two favourites for me. Corey Feldman :WINCE: (surprise, surprise!) and Harry Melling :D .

I was first in line to meet Harry on Saturday, and walked away having completely fallen for him, lol! Just so sweet, he was friendly, polite, and at one point asked the crew member beside him what to do when I asked him for a photo, and asked about the photoshoot later that day too. He endeared himself to me completely!

Corey was a dream come true. I was hoping to ask for a hug at some point, but when I handed him a birthday card, he asked me for a hug instead! :smile:

camille coduri was very nice wish i got a photo shoot with her now,jeffery weissman and ricky dean logan was good to dont think they was hardly sitting down they was always on there feet to greet people, of coures karen gillan was nice... and i think alex kingston was better this time.. she had more time to chat :(

oh and lea thompson was great... she was like rubbing my back during the photo shoot.. did any one else get that?

Peter Jurasik and Stephen Furst were my top two, both happy to talk and take their time and also pose for photos.

Peter Jurasik wrote nice messages as London Mollari (his Babylon 5 character) was a great guy to meet. Shame his Sunday photoshoot only had 9 or so of us but that made it a little more intimate (and he had to clean his breakfast off his jumper as well!).

Have to completely agree with this, they were both lovely and more than happy to talk to us. In fact they actually started conversations rather than leaving it up to us to think of something to say.

Stephen asked where we came from and when we replied Yorkshire he said 'oh, where the pudding comes from!!!' We then got him to do his trademark Mr Morden wave.

Peter was also great and how he didn't get tired writing so much on his pictures I've no idea. He was happy to learn that we've been watching the DVD's recently and we chatted about how timeless and re-watchable the stories are. Then he told us that the Centauri Ambassador granted us free public transport on Centauri Prime forevermore. :)

Also I have to mention how lovely Robert Knepper was. He was the guest I was most looking forward to meeting and he didn't disappoint. He told us an anecdote about a couple of fans he'd met once and we talked for a bit about how disturbingly charasmatic his most famous character is. Splendid chap. Also enjoyed his Sunday talk. :(

i enjoyed meeting all the lovely guest's i met but my favourite has to be Robert Knepper he was just so lovely i ended up getting 2 autos and having 2 photoshoots so i could ask for a 2nd hug :D have uber schoolgirl crush now :D probably going to drive my other half mental going on about him :thumbup:

I only met a handful of guests for autos, but had loadssss of photoshoots!

Have to say, that I adore Shawnee Smith, she was so nice and pleasant , it really lived up to my expectations and then some. She remembered me in the photoshoot too, and greeted me with a very enthusiastic hello, it was wonderful!!

Answered the questions I had, and thanked me for some of my comments, asked her if she preferred doing Saw or The Blob, she couldn't decide, because she liked them both for different reasons :)

I regret not getting my photoshoot pic signed by Alex Kingston, because it was a keeper! Hopefully Showmasters will bring her back in the future at some point, I sure hope so. I only had a few seconds with her at the photoshoot, but she greeted me warmly, and when I said "Can I have a hug pleeeeease?", made the please sound really sweet when I said it lol, she just grabbed hold of me, and we hugged tight! She also made an effort to thank me afterwards, even though the pleasure was all mine! Great experience, please bring her back in the future, I'd love to get a siggy :D

Michael Bailey Smith was cool, but as with any first guest I meet at a show, I found it hard to make much conversation, I was warming up at that point, but I still managed to get a good meet with him.

I know that some have said that Tom Sizemore was rude, but when I met him he stopped talking to his guest assistant and vice versa, and both parties acknowledged me very quickly, which was awesome! Many thanks to whoever his assistant was on the Sunday! Anyway, he immediately struck up a conversation with me about Charlie Sheen (I had my Charlie Sheen "winning" t-shirt on) gave real insight to me and talked very openly with me, which was much appreciated, he was a legend! Said how much I enjoyed his performances in GTA: Vice City and Lock Up for which he thanked me, we shook hands, and away I went, happy as Larry (well Mattzo!!! actually :D )

All in all, a great day! I loved most aspects of it, but next time, I need to have more fun and mingle!

So you love my women, eh? ;O :thumbup:

For me :

Richard Hatch is a lovely guy probably my favourite guest of the weekend. I could talk Battlestar all day long with that dude.

I also met Erin Gray who was really chatty which I didn't expect but I was there a good 7-8 minutes. Still a cracker as well.

Gil Gerard was very nice but not so chatty. Lea Thompson lovely jubbly.

Natalia Tena, brilliantly bonkers!

Tom Sizemore was my favourite talk as he is so direct and open about all aspects of his life and career it was a real insight, he also offered some good advice.

stan xx

I thought my son's favourite guest would have been Karen, but she has come in a very close second to... Sir Derek Jacobi! He was an absolute star guest, really lovely friendly man and so happy to chat about the various aspects of his career. I loved meeting him as he has been a theatre hero of mine since the 1980s, but for my son it's all about I, Claudius. Great guest!!

Hear hear!:) And I am the crew member who was lucky enough to assist him...the most modest and gracious guest ever!

The dreaded shyness did kick in at critical moments for me (DARN IT), but I had some very good encounters, most of which from guests I didn't expect, notably:

Karen Gillan - what a trooper. Took time to say hello to everyone in my queue while signing, friendly in photoshoots. Must have been knackered by late afternoon, but still put on a great show for her talk. Brava!

Robert Knepper - very good talk, and an extremely firm handshake, even if I couldn't string a sentence together.

Brent Spiner - definitely a showman - had me in stitches with his Patrick Stewart impressions during his Saturday talk, so I had something to say to him on the Sunday and he was happy to chat to me in return. A good laugh in the photoshoot too.

Joel Gretsch - he made such light contact with me during the photoshoots I was a bit nervous of what to say to him in case he was standoffish, but he was very approachable and cheerful when I met him later, during which we talked about touristy stuff, of all things. My photoshoot doesn't do justice to him, as he's really rather good-looking. *cough*

Morgan Sheppard - I'd completely dried when it came to Mark (who was very nice and called me "Darlin'" at both auto and photoshoot, heh, although I missed his talk due to photoshoots, unfortunately), but Morgan was lovely! I told him an anecdote about trying to identify him in Quantum Leap as most of his roles involve his face being hidden behind something (a gigantic beard in this case) and he told me an anecdote about how he ended up on Doctor Who because Mark owed him a favour! He actually thanked me for reminding him of the QL experience, which was very sweet of him.

Richard Hatch - has to be close to the record for longest answer to a talk question ever (only three questions were asked over the half hour as he took so long to answer the second one!), but it was a most interesting yarn, so nobody seemed to mind a bit. Very entertaining. He was equally enthusiastic during auto-signing and gave me such a squish in my photoshoot! Came across as so happy to be here.

Tom Sizemore - he was the one I was really looking forward to meeting as I loved him on The Relic (was somewhat gutted to discover he wasn't keen on it at all!). Lost my tongue with him too, but managed to cadge the sweetest hug ever off him in my photoshoot, and his talk was excellent.

Just about all my guest experiences were good, though, one way or the other. But those were the best.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

Everyone I met was really nice, but I was especially taken with Brent Spiner and Karen Gillan. Brent for being just being as mad and wonderful as I'd always hoped he'd be, and Karen for really going above and beyond for her fans on what must have been an exceptional stressful day for her.

Oh, there is someone else who deserves a mention but hasn't had one yet - Monica Harris. Wasn't sure I'd go for any of the models (but brought along a photo just in case) but every single time I went past her table and she was talking to someone she really seemed to be genuinely pleased to see them and was always smiling, and for £5 an auto it wasn't going to break the bank either.

I never met a model before, but I'm glad I met her. She was absolutely lovely, and signed my photo for free, too, which was nice of her.

Have to say, that I adore Shawnee Smith, she was so nice and pleasant , it really lived up to my expectations and then some. She remembered me in the photoshoot too, and greeted me with a very enthusiastic hello, it was wonderful!!

Answered the questions I had, and thanked me for some of my comments, asked her if she preferred doing Saw or The Blob, she couldn't decide, because she liked them both for different reasons :)

I regret not getting my photoshoot pic signed by Alex Kingston, because it was a keeper! Hopefully Showmasters will bring her back in the future at some point, I sure hope so. I only had a few seconds with her at the photoshoot, but she greeted me warmly, and when I said "Can I have a hug pleeeeease?", made the please sound really sweet when I said it lol, she just grabbed hold of me, and we hugged tight! She also made an effort to thank me afterwards, even though the pleasure was all mine! Great experience, please bring her back in the future, I'd love to get a siggy :P

Michael Bailey Smith was cool, but as with any first guest I meet at a show, I found it hard to make much conversation, I was warming up at that point, but I still managed to get a good meet with him.

I know that some have said that Tom Sizemore was rude, but when I met him he stopped talking to his guest assistant and vice versa, and both parties acknowledged me very quickly, which was awesome! Many thanks to whoever his assistant was on the Sunday! Anyway, he immediately struck up a conversation with me about Charlie Sheen (I had my Charlie Sheen "winning" t-shirt on) gave real insight to me and talked very openly with me, which was much appreciated, he was a legend! Said how much I enjoyed his performances in GTA: Vice City and Lock Up for which he thanked me, we shook hands, and away I went, happy as Larry (well Mattzo!!! actually :P )

All in all, a great day! I loved most aspects of it, but next time, I need to have more fun and mingle!

So you love my women, eh? ;O :lol:

She was such a sweetheart :P

However, my love for her is out of respect and general fanboyism, you need not worry :P

She was soooooooo lovely :D it is not often your idol's live up to what you expect, but she totally did :P

I regret not getting my photoshoot pic signed by Alex Kingston, because it was a keeper! Hopefully Showmasters will bring her back in the future at some point, I sure hope so. I only had a few seconds with her at the photoshoot, but she greeted me warmly, and when I said "Can I have a hug pleeeeease?", made the please sound really sweet when I said it lol, she just grabbed hold of me, and we hugged tight! She also made an effort to thank me afterwards, even though the pleasure was all mine! Great experience, please bring her back in the future, I'd love to get a siggy :P

I know that some have said that Tom Sizemore was rude, but when I met him he stopped talking to his guest assistant and vice versa, and both parties acknowledged me very quickly, which was awesome! Many thanks to whoever his assistant was on the Sunday! Anyway, he immediately struck up a conversation with me about Charlie Sheen (I had my Charlie Sheen "winning" t-shirt on) gave real insight to me and talked very openly with me, which was much appreciated, he was a legend! Said how much I enjoyed his performances in GTA: Vice City and Lock Up for which he thanked me, we shook hands, and away I went, happy as Larry (well Mattzo!!! actually :P )

So you love my women, eh? ;O :lol:

She was such a sweetheart :P

However, my love for her is out of respect and general fanboyism, you need not worry :P

She was soooooooo lovely :D it is not often your idol's live up to what you expect, but she totally did :P

What do you reckon the chances of her coming back in the future are? :P

Lots, cause I am gonna write her 10000000000 letters till she does :P

Can't believe that I forgot to mention Mark Sheppard's talk! Loved the way he encouraged illegal video streaming/dowloading :lol: and the way he told us all to get our cameras out at the beginning: "Come on, come on. You know you want to" followed by "So nobody's going to ask me any questions? You're just gonna sit there taking pictures, alright."

Everyone we met was superb but a special mention for Richard Hatch.

As others have said his talk was excellent (and since he only fitted in 3 q's it was more of a talk than a Q&A!) and he was amazing with my daughter, complimenting her on her costume and talking through with her what she thought of BSG (and listening patiently as she assured him that although she was quite young, she watched a very edited version). She even got a photo at the table and handshake after handshake from him.

He was great with her in the photoshoot the next day too, with the biggest hug I've seen. I think she's thinking about if it's possible to get adopted......

Finally, I also got an auto for a friend who was a big fan of the old BSG but refuses to watch the new one. The dedication on the photo must be one of the longest on record pointing out the errors of his ways!

A totally top chap and someone who I would recommend everyone to meet when they can.

Edited by Starbuck's dad

Every guest was excellent however, special mention to Brent Spiner who was brilliant.

i didnt get brent spiner autograph... but while i was getting an autograph by the person next to him, he started chatting to me because i was taking his pic lol he was nice

• Showmasters Admin

for me it had to be Christopher Lambert , what a nice person , and he was more like the person in the film that i had expected .

one of the best guest for me for years

it makes running the event worth all the stress

and it made my weekend

jason :huh:

Got to agree with you there Jason.

Christopher was such a nice guy. He went out of his way to accomodate attendees requests and seemed genuinely very happy to be there.

I hope he'll get an invite back in the near future.

for me it had to be Christopher Lambert , what a nice person , and he was more like the person in the film that i had expected .

one of the best guest for me for years

it makes running the event worth all the stress

and it made my weekend

jason :huh:

Have to agree. Very welcoming and seemed to really appreciate meeting everyone. Loved his talk too even though it was poorly attended. Very informative, honest, amusing and interesting. I know it was a risk and cost more but I hope it was worth while for you Jason. I'd have shaken your hand if i knew which one was you. Top man.

But not sure he can beat Lea Thompson or Karen for me I'm afraid :D

For me it was Sandahl Bergman she never tired of getting up from her photo's coming round the table for a posed photo wanted to chat with everbody for ages..amazed how slim she is...when she asked who do I sign this photo' to I replied Howard and she was amazed saying that is her dad's name!Wrote a long message on my photo' and I got a kiss on the lips!!!I told her I had wanted to meet her for ages she semed very flattered she even had her picture taken with people who were not in the line!Thanx Sandahl you were the perfect guest some of them could learn a lot from you!

I like to mention both Kyla Cole and Holly Mcguire, they were the most talkative guests i met during the three days and both were a really great to meet, plus Holly charging £5 for an autograph on small photo plus a free calander and a free auto = great deal

well mine is pretty obvious..........

Corey Feldman! although he didnt say much when signing (although he knew i had handed him my goonies map upside down LOL) the photoshoot was ace!

reels of people went in before me and all got the same pose....the peace sign,.,and it was literally one in one out very quickly! i thought hmmmm id didnt really want that pose but ill do it anyway.....however when i reached him he looked me up and down with his sunglasses on and grabbed me for a full on hug WOOP very happy bunny :) still waiting for that pic to come back so i can swoon over it :)

and of course....the entertainer-nator. he was one awesome guy! couldnt do enough for anyone! i went back to his stand twice just because he cheered me up. jumped into his keith lemon voice and called me bang tidy ha ha i am now his friend on facebook....a genuinely lovely bloke!