Favourite guest?

Only talked to Mark Sheppard but he was great. He let me go on about the final season of Battlestar, then politely disagreed with everything I'd said. Hard to describe the conversation, but he came across as a really funny guy. Also very accommodating in the photoshoot. From the reaction during his talk he's also quite the crowd-pleaser.

I was going to chat to Morgan as well, but by the time the photos had come back for Mark and I'd chatted to him I was well overdue to head home. Hopefully next year!

Really enjoyed Walter Koenig's talk as well - his response about getting Russian-speaking roles after TOS was hilarious.

For me it was Christopher Lloyd!

He was the guest I was most excited to see and he was the best thing of my day.

When I had my photoshoot with him I was very excited and a little nervous when I saw him in person. He gave people in front of me a arm around their shoulders, but then when it got to me after I said hi, he said "come here" and gave me a really nice hug for the photo! :YAHOO:

Due to me and my brother's VTs for his autographs getting high our number (in the 870 region) wasn't called out until very close to 6pm. When it was my turn he told us that he'd back and went for a quick break. After he did his autograph for me. It was done very quick with no personalisations but I'm glad I got it and really like how neat and careful his writing is. It would've been nicer to get an earlier VT for a chance of a personalisation, but I'm glad with the experience and do feel bad at how tired he looked at the end of it all.

Also I'm very impressed with Karen getting through everyone. I got her autograph very late in the day, but she was still very smiley and chatty through the rush of people.

For me it was the great John Leeson. I must say, what a Gent! He was really friendly, approachable and down-to-earth. I got an epic "Tail wags to Liam from K-9" personalisation and he seemed genuinely concerned about it smudging. He even posed for a photo at the desk as well!

The lucky lady in front of me in the que even got him to say a few lines as the faithful mut himself (I nerdgasmed when I heard the "affirmative" lol)

Met Christopher Lloyd and Karen gillan and honestly can't choose between them as they were both so kind and managed to chat with me for a bit, didn't really even feel rushed as knew how busy they were so both were absolutely fab !!! :)

So what was your favourite guest?

Mine were all the Harry Potter ones because they were so kind and friendly and especially Georgina Leonidas had good old chat with her about basil brush and Harry Potter (get them all for Ems!).

Also karen was really nice at the photo shoot but we didn't get much time but i understand why and also alex kingston she was very kind! :D

I have to admit that Peter Jurasik was probably one of the best I ever met in 7 years." Fellow centauri" Stephen Furst was also very pleasant. Peter chatted a lot with me and my 8 years old son; also gave him a Tron signature as a gift and posed for two pictures. He also wrote a long phrase on my picture. Excellent guest and lovely person.

Joel was fab, I got a wicked smile and laugh from him when I handed over the Danielle Steel dvd he had done. And he said 'Have a great day Lisa' as I left which was really nice.

Camille was adorable and told my dad he was doing a great job with the photo taking - before winking at me.

But the star of the day for me was Harry Melling who gave me a mint when he got back from him lunch break and flicked through the Merlin book I got him to sign. He was simply lovely!

karen gillan was a real star....totally friendly and down to earth,like most people though who met her,i spent only about 30 seconds in her presence...so no time to chat unfortunately....but she was great fun at the talk later on,so glad i went to that. hope she comes back again.........and hopefully does both days.....i`m sure all the fans would appreciate that....saturday was a killer!....lol

ashley laurence was lovely,very friendly,and obviously loves to meet the fans.was really chuffed to meet her finally.

veronica cartwright,another lovely lady,chatted away quite happily.

lisa marie...so gorgeous...and so sweet too,i was surprised she wasnt busier,never saw a big queue for her all weekend.

stephen furst another great guest,very chatty and friendly.glad i met him,for me he will forever be "flounder"

derek jacobi,a real pleasure to meet him,and again,he was so friendly.

sylvia anderson,a legend! first time i have met her,she was delightful,and genuinely interested to see what i had bought for her to sign,which was a vintage lady penelope annual,she had a good look at it.

walter koenig - sci - fi royalty.......rather restrained on signing...but very animated later on at his talk.have now met 4 of star trek TOS cast..yippee!!

a great event....well done guys...it was a top notch convention!

i went away poor...but happy! :thumbup:

Karen was easilly one of my faves as well as all the Harry Potter guests. Had a nice chat with Derek too about Revengers Tragedy and chatted to Camille about her being in Nuns on the Run which I used to love when I was younger!

I had a great time meeting both Lisa Marie and Clive Barker. Although, I found Clive Barker very pleasant to speak with because he actually took the time to have a good conversation with me about his inspirations for making the Hellraiser characters and the storyline. I had a good time speaking with Lisa Marie but I was quite pissed after her PR said no photographs were allowed with her. Although, it was understandable with Clive Barker because he was in really bad shape and he couldn't move his right hand.

All of the guests I met this weekend were great! Gary Kurtz, Kenny Baker, Lea Thompson, Walter Koenig, Christopher Lloyd, Joel Gretsch, Brent Spiner and Richard Hatch.

Have to say that Joel was one of the best, asking what I did for a living and where I'm from, he said he loved playing a baddy in Taken, a great guest!

Meeting Chris Lloyd was amazing, although a short meeting, it was amazing to meet the 'doc' from the film I've grown up with, I think my brother was also extremely happy after getting part of his REAL Delorean signed.

Great weekend as always, well done SM :thumbup:

1. Alex Kingston was phenomenal! I was over the Moon when she commented on one of my photo choices, and when she took a quick flip through my River Song Diary before signing it! Had a nice chat about 'Grange Hill', 'ER', 'Dr. Who', 'Marchlands', and 'Luise Miller'.

2. Karen Gillan was just class personified; an engaging, genuine, and happy guest.

3. Sir Derek Jacobi was just so humble and engaging.

4. Sylvester McCoy talked endlessly about 'Dr. Who' and 'The Hobbit' (spoilers, but you can't very well tell an icon to shut up).

5. Simon Fisher-Becker is an incredibly witty man; very sharp, and very funny.

So many other great guests to mention, but I'm burnt-out from 2.5 days of manic early mornings :) Totally worth it!

Joel Gretsch - chatted for ages about all kinds of stuff, including the definition of a smeghead

Brent Spiner - chatted with EVERYONE and had photos with everyone and was soooo nice and friendly

Charlie Bewley - also talked for ages, and very down to earth!

Corey Feldman - how you doin???? He did not want to leave go of me when our photo finished hehe. Someone pass him my phone number please!! <3

Sooo many guests to choose between, all of them very friendly and wonderful, but if I had to make a topof the list it would go something like:

Alex Kingston - I thought she was going to be very rushed especially as she was delayed, but she made sure to chat for a minute or two with everybody in line. (I was in before her lunch as one of the last), she seemed so friendly and loveable, and even promished me a very big surprise in the 2 latest episodes of Doctor Who (Episode 6, 7 Season 6) as I havn't seen those yet, and agreed to write "Spoilers Sweetie" on my photo as a result because of this. At the photoshoot she was more than happy to give a hug, which made my day complete. Alex was the height of the entire weekend for me, and seemed really interested in all her fans, while enjoying herself a lot. :P:wub::wub::wub:

Christopher Lambert - WOW, that was pretty much all I could say as I left his table. First of he didn't rush things though at all, and took the time to look up, and smile at me, ask me where I was from and then had a short chat. Futhermore he did personalize my photo, there was no way I had expected that from him. Very very friendly and seemed very happy to meet his fans. I would say SM could bring him back anyday if he was interested, what a guy! :D

Karen Gillan - Again a big WOW, she was very very busy through the whole day, but still managed to be plesant and exchange a few words and LOTSA smiles with everybody, she was absolutely wonderful, and seemed to really be enjoying herself a lot. Gave much more than I expected from one so busy :D

Beatie Edney - She was one of my impulse autographs, but was very chatty and when I told I were from Denmark (In response to her question about my accent), we had a short chat about The Killing, mainly the original danish one which she said she enjoyed a lot, and she told me she once filmed in Denmark when she was 6. Super friendly and a really nice gal :dance:

Mark Sheppard - Great great guy, soooo regret not having a photoshoot with him as they all seemed to be so fantastic. Very chatty when I met him friday night, talked a little about Firefly and both mine and his regret in that show getting cancelled. ^_^

A few honorable mentions would be Charlie Bewley (that couldn't help but laugh when I say to him the autograph was not for a girlfriend as he asked if he should dedicate it to one such, but for me as I'm quite the Twilight fan), Brent Spiner, who was really chatty and had some great stories, and of course some of my all time favorites: Jeremy Bulloch and Dave Prowse that both were great as I've always seen them be :)

Special thanks though go to Pam Rose, who was not a signing guest at the event, but who I ran into, and got hugs and cheekkisses in loads ^^ Ended up walking around chatting with her for almost 45 minutes, as always she was a real pleasure :thumbup:

Peter Jurasik and Stephen Furst were my top two, both happy to talk and take their time and also pose for photos.

Peter Jurasik wrote nice messages as London Mollari (his Babylon 5 character) was a great guy to meet. Shame his Sunday photoshoot only had 9 or so of us but that made it a little more intimate (and he had to clean his breakfast off his jumper as well!).

Brian Tochi was the best guest I've met in ages. Just wish there was a sign up at Lysette Anthonys desk saying "Don't mention Krull", I mentioned it once and didn't get away with it!

I had a lovely long chat with Bam Bam as he wasn't too busy. I got to learn quite a bit about him and we spent a fair bit of time slagging of a certain ex-celeb. Cant say no more than that but he really opened my eyes to what goes on behind the scenes. Lovely guest :)

Joel Gretsch and the Harry Potter guests were great!!!!! AS said beofre, Alfie had a huge smilen and seemed to have a good time.

Natalia Tena made you feel special, asking for your name etc.

But my highlight would be Lea Thompson :YAHOO:

PS: I was wondering if Lea has done other events before? Just to see if she'd come back in the next years

Mine was Mark Sheppard, he said he loved my top and remembered me tweeting about it!!!

My husbands was Doug Bradley, he is the only guest he has ever struck a proper converstation with and had a table pic with!! (he loved the models too, as did I!)

What about yours?

Very hard to choose, everyone I met this weekend was brilliant!!!

I think it has to be Lea Thompson, she told me I looked pretty and loved my hair (bizarre cos it's straight and brown!!) and was very very warm and friendly, she also remembered me when I went back for her auto and also Robert Knepper, I had a fab conversation with him about scaring a woman on the tube by asking her for directions only to see T-bag coming towards her, he was also very accomodating in the photoshoots with the hug request from me :wub:

Although Stanislav is my new crush!!!!:D