Favourite guest?

This topic was bound to come up at any point so I thought I would start it now.

I know what the majority of people are going to say but we may get a few Coreys, Leas and Lloyds; you never know!

For me personally I would say either Shawnee Smith or Natalia Tena due to the fact that they were both just so friendly and chatty, especially Natalia who I thought was absolutey gorgeous too. Made sure I got a hug off her!

This topic was bound to come up at any point so I thought I would start it now.

I know what the majority of people are going to say but we may get a few Coreys, Leas and Lloyds; you never know!

For me personally I would say either Shawnee Smith or Natalia Tena due to the fact that they were both just so friendly and chatty, especially Natalia who I thought was absolutey gorgeous too. Made sure I got a hug off her!

Can I be the first to say Karen? She was so lovely!

Then I'm second. She had to get through 200 people in 5 minutes but still smiled and tried to say more than hello to everybody.

I think she was there after 6?

Mark Shepard was nice too. Great talk, great in the auto bit too.

That's all I could afford :)

Brent Spiner, what a gent and was quite amusing when he first turned up on ye Friday. Introduced himself and shook hands with all the other guests along his isle. Then introduced himself to the (pardon my ignorance) free Harry Potter signer girl. She just cordially said hello, then realised who he was and burst into a shocked round of OMG! and "my dad loves you."

But for me, Tom Sizemore. Genuine, bonafied LEG-END! Genuinely pleased to meet an enormous fan of his work. Surprised that I had seen, let alone had a poster of "Paparazzi" and more than willing to chat and answer questions. Sorry for anyone stuck behind me, I may have taken slight liberties, but genuine freak out moment for the first time in a long time at a con. IT WAS TOM FREAKING SIZEMORE!

A very, very, very happy Craig! So happy it should be illegal. Thanks Jason and SM as a whole!

I thought my son's favourite guest would have been Karen, but she has come in a very close second to... Sir Derek Jacobi! He was an absolute star guest, really lovely friendly man and so happy to chat about the various aspects of his career. I loved meeting him as he has been a theatre hero of mine since the 1980s, but for my son it's all about I, Claudius. Great guest!!

I met Sir Derek Jacobi, Vivica A. Fox, Clive Barker, Doug Bradley, Veronica Cartwright, Robert Knepper and Tom Sizemore. My friends and I agreed that Tom really stood out. What a nice man! Also a very honest talk as well. He had some great stories.

Have you say though, that all the guests I met were brilliant. Thanks SM!

Met Trevor Steedman, Veronica Cartwright, Michael Bailey Smith, Lea Thompson and Tom Sizemore.

Trevor asked me who else had signed my Aliens poster, he seemed to know a few of the stunt people (who attended a few years ago). Met Veronica on Friday for my Alien poster and decided I would get a personalised 8x10 on Saturday as well!

Michael Bailey Smith asked if he could put a quote on my Hills Have Eyes poster (Its Breakfast Time - Pluto) and showed me a print he had from one of the deleted scenes. I told him it was the first 18 rated film I saw at the cinema!

I wasn't sure what to expect from Tom Sizemore but he was awesome. I had a Grand Theft Auto: Vice City poster for him to sign in which he voiced the main bad guy. He asked what I wanted on it and since I couldn't remember any of the quotes I asked him if he could remember any. So he put 'Wherever I go ,people die. All of them...I hope!" which I thought was awesome from someone who does a lot of film work and has only voiced 2 videogames! Cool guy.

I absolutely adored Natalia Tena. I first met her at her photoshoot and she wanted to know my name (and then told me she'd spilled tea on her dress that she was planning to wear for her gig last night, oops lol). When I went to get her autograph a little while later she spent ages trying to remember my name (apparently she did this with everyone), and was just so full of energy and fun. She was definitely the highlight for me :)

Nat for me as ive been after her for 4 years and she was everything i hoped for and more (in a non lesbian way!) XD

Karen for my sister. We seriously didnt think we were going to get to see her and she got very upset. We eventually got through and she burst into tears infront of karen and got a hug! XD

I only met two people but they were both my favourite :angry: Karen and Natalia :)

Karen was sooo pretty and so nice to everyone :) She said "You look great!" after our photoshoot and "I love this photo, great job!" When she signed it later. Oh, and I was the one before last to get her autograph, we got in just in time before they stopped anyone going in! So glad I got her autograph :)

Natalia was just hilarious, she shook my hand and said "Hello, I'm Nat", and then she asked my name :) I loved how she spelt out everyone's names on the back of a photo to check she was spelling it right :) The woman in front of me was from the Czech Republic and Natalia got her to write "Thank you for coming" in Czech so she could write it on her photo, which I thought was so lovely! :) I complimented her hat, it was so awesome! and she said she loved my pigtails, as I was dressed as Abby from NCIS at the time, and had a stuffed hippo with me as Abby's Bert the hippo :YAHOO: :) Then she said "and your...animal...what is it?" and when I explained I think she didn't know what the hell I was talking about so she thanked me for coming and blew me a kiss :YAHOO:

Great day yesterday ^^ ;D

This is more for my brother then for me but his favourite guest was Karen.

I told him yeaterday that he might not meet her and not to get his hopes up as she was very popular.

But towards the end of the day we did get to meet her and my mum said to Karen "You have made his day" and she said "Awe, Bless".

For me it was Natalia, she was so energetic and lively. We were stood in the queue to get in and she walked passed but we didn't notice. It wasn't until I was standing in the queue for her autogroah that my dad ointed out to me that she had walked passed earlier that morning, my dad only new because of Natalia' distinctive hat.

Natalia herself was lovley and introduced her self to me, my mum, dad and brother and she even wrote her bands web address on the back of my auto.

Just before we left I spotted that there was no queue for Stanislav so I asked if I could have a photo and he kidnly agreed so I got a bonus photo too.

I absolutely adored Natalia Tena. I first met her at her photoshoot and she wanted to know my name (and then told me she'd spilled tea on her dress that she was planning to wear for her gig last night, oops lol). When I went to get her autograph a little while later she spent ages trying to remember my name (apparently she did this with everyone), and was just so full of energy and fun. She was definitely the highlight for me :)

This is more for my brother then for me but his favourite guest was Karen.

I told him yeaterday that he might not meet her and not to get his hopes up as she was very popular.

But towards the end of the day we did get to meet her and my mum said to Karen "You have made his day" and she said "Awe, Bless".

For me it was Natalia, she was so energetic and lively. We were stood in the queue to get in and she walked passed but we didn't notice. It wasn't until I was standing in the queue for her autogroah that my dad ointed out to me that she had walked passed earlier that morning, my dad only new because of Natalia' distinctive hat.

Natalia herself was lovley and introduced her self to me, my mum, dad and brother and she even wrote her bands web address on the back of my auto.

Just before we left I spotted that there was no queue for Stanislav so I asked if I could have a photo and he kidnly agreed so I got a bonus photo too.

all the guests were so friendly, but Natalia was the best. So friendly and chatty. I asked her to dedicate her auto to my two children and she added a ps of "do your homework!". very funny. Well done to the team for quickly making it a VT signing after long queues/

I had a very busy day on Saturday and met - Stan, Alfie, Natalia, Joel, Morgan and Mark Shepard, Tom Sizemore, Derek Jacobi, Corey Feldman, Robert Knepper, Camile and Karen. They were all extremely friendly and warm but gotta say there was some stand outs for me.

Natalia - I've been wanting to meet her for years but she kept cancelling and I'm so glad I got her. She was so lovely introducing herself and making sure she knew your name. Extremely chatty and I met her towards the end of the day so she was tired but looked like she had a great day.

Mark - this man is an utter legend! His talk was so refreshing to hear and he was qite witty. Managed to get a sneay hug from him in my photoshoot (which lasted a while) and he was genuinely warm and friendly -please get him back!!!

Karen - I was expecting her to be busy (and crikey she was) but she was sooo lovely. She made sure to say hi to everyone, she seemed like she was having so much fun on the day and she just seemed genuinely lovely - and so so pretty! I managed to say what I wanted to say to her and she seemed genuinely happy and touched.

Alfie and Derek were also lovely and chatty - dont think I ever saw Alfie drop his smile all day :angry:

Great Great day although was super tired by the end of it!

Brent Spiner, for me, was the absolute stand out guests of the entire show for me. He was a very approachable guy, got talking to him when I went up for an auto and then he remembered my name in the talk.

Speaking of his talk, I don't I've laughed that much in a long time. He was simply hilarious and you could tell he really enjoys meeting the fans at conventions.

Oh and I've got to give props to Karen Gillan. I don't know how she did all that and still kept a smile on her face. I was one of the last to go up for a photo and she was still nice enough to ask how I was. Honestly if that was me, I would have needed a stiff drink by the end of the day.

When I do Cons I only meet People I really want to meet, its my way of doing things... And my wallets way too, so to that end EVERYONE I met today were favourites.

Kyla Cole:

Was lovely to meet her.

Lea Thompson:

Just so adorable and cute beyond words, I can't say more than that in case I sound o.t.t. but I was wondering what quote to get her to put on my Back To The Future Boxset - a Friend of mine said "Ask her." I did, Lea thought for a moment and the quote she put struck such a major cord she was Lovely, would Love to meet her again.

Karen Gillan:

Of Course :D We were about 277 for VQ but still got a lovely handshake and a smile she was as lovely as pie and I'm glad I met her.

Holly McGuire:

Was very nice to talk to and my Friend and I were both happy with the experience :)

Shawnee Smith:

Sweet and Lovely and very nice and everything else inbetween :)

Corey Feldman:

I dont have one bad word to say about someone who was a figurehead in my childhood, thought it was Lovely how when he came out in the talk he used his Phone to record us all, - had to switch the mic on when I shot my hand up when he asked "Any questions" and to get him to quote the line:

"Goonies never say die"

Was more than enough for me, so to was when we all sang Happy Birthday.

When I went to get his Autograph he looked up at me and said how I resembled someone else in Showbiz with Feldman as their surname, I asked him if he had any favourite quotes from Goonies, he didnt and then asked me if I had. A truly kind man and was a real pleasure to meet.

Christopher Lloyd.

Although our "Time" was brief it was all too memorable :)

Our experiences from Saturday were really really good..

Me and the wife met the following :-

1. Karen Gillan - All a bit quick on the autograph session but at least she seem pleased to be there and she did shake our hands and said nice to meet you.. To be honest I didnt expect anything else really as I knew that she was going to be the busiest guest there...

I thought William Shatner could sign autographs quickly but Karens on a par with him I think... lol

2. Christoper Lloyd - What a gentleman.. The photoshoot went well and he was smiling and saying Hello and thanks for coming to all of the guests. Autograph session too was a bit quick as well while we were there as he too had a very large queue.. The wife asked him for a kiss and he said of course ya can.. Made her day.

3. Christopher Lambert - Again a top bloke... We were number 24 in the queue.. He also said hi nice to meet you and thanks for coming when we left.. The wife asked him 'Can i pinch a kiss?'. He said 'I've never heard that expression before, of course you can'. He then puckered up and he gave the wife a kiss as well...

Made her day even more...

4. Cory Feldman - Shook our hands and the usual thanks and goodbye.. He did seem to be more interested in talking to his mate standing behind him to be honest when we were there though... Seemed nice enough..

5. Lea Thompson - Gorgous woman and extremely friendly... She said to the wife that that was the best top that she had ever seen.. The wife was wearing a Kermit The Frog sparkly top.. Lea then noticed the gold chain the wife had on with a big gold frog on the end and she said thats beautiful... The wife then proceeded to show Lea her Kermit trainers which Lea said those are awesome and she had never seen anything like that before...... She signed our autograph and wrote 'Frogs Rule' at the bottom which I thought was a nice touch.... She seemed pleased to see the fans and a few hours later she was still smiling and posing for photos... A Top Class Woman...

6. Robert Knepper - Another nice bloke... Same greetings as all the above and he asked where we were from.. I said Birmingham and he said that he was still getting used to all of the accents hes been hearing.. We asked him about Heroes and Prison Break and told us that he was surprised Heroes got cancelled... The wife managed to get a kiss off him too....

7. Walter Koenig - Usual greetings and had a quick chat about Star Trek.. He had a largish queue so we didnt hold him up.. The wife managed to get another kiss again....

8. Joel Gretsch - Same as above for the greetings.. We told him we couldnt believe V had been cancelled and she said neither can he.. He asked if we watched the 4400 and Taken to which we said yes, but we wasnt as hooked as V... He said how come so I told him that I was bought up watching the original V and it was always one of my favourite scifi shows.... Another kiss for the wife...

9. Harry Melling - Usual greetings. the wife told him that she wouldnt have recognised him in the street after losing so much weight.. He said that it was hard work but worth it...

10. Gil Gerard - Another nice guy... usual greetings.. He asked if we used to watch the show and we told him yes without fail every Saturday evening... I have to say he has got massive hands and they buried mine... Yet again the wife got another kiss.....

So all in all an excellent day and for the first time ever that ive been attending these types of events there were no miserable guests.....

Best one we have been to in a few years....

Only one prob with the even was that it was too hot and they should have some decent air con in there and the aisles were too crowded and too many people that were just standing in the middle causing holdups...

The wife does suffer with panic attacks and asthma so she wasnt feeling too good when these problems occured.

Also I do agree with one of the other posters in the forum that there were a few hummers there who needed deodorant spray.. It did make us and a few other visitors there feel a bit ill....

Well done SM and look forward to the next event in October....

Edited by Kingy68

Jeremy Bulloch was lovely to meet. I thought it was nice of him to stand the other side of the desk, so he could chat properly.

I'll be completely honest and frank when I say I didnt think Christopher Lloyd was over freindly. Yes, I know he had loads and loads of things to sign, but people posting on here had given me the idea he was the kind of guest who didn't mind a very quick chat. I asked him how he was and he gave a one word answer and that was it. He barely looked at me, just signed my photo and looked away, and then then crew member handed me back the photo.

I also met Lea Thompson who was lovely! She was genuinely happy to pose for a photo and was just a fantastic guest.

Alex Kingston. I've waited years to meet here, I'm somewhat shy but I got a hug! Plus she took time to look at the photo I'd drawn of Daleks with River Song banners, commenting it was very good not only putting my name but also spoilers!

All the star wars people <3

Joel and Mark were lovely and commented on my name, saying it was pretty <3

Only met 2. Mark Sheppard was lovely and really chatty, he even thanked me for buying a pic of him in Supernatural (they had run out). Top marks go to Richard Hatch, what an amazingly lovely guy. He chatted for a while and was happy to pose for a photo and insisted we checked it was ok before we left. Made me go weak at the knees when put his hand on my shoulder as we left :)

I met Jessica Cave, Trevor Steedman, Corey Feldman, Stanislav Ianevski, Mark Shepherd and Christopher Lloyd.

My fav was definately Corey though, he was lovely at his auto and we chatted about our fav films. Also his talk was great too - despite the band noise.

I couldnt decide between Karen or Christopher Lloyd and I feel I may have chosen wrong. Chris Lloyd is such a legend and I feel it was great to meet him but it did feel rushed and he never said a word to me. I try to chat to him but it was a bit one sided. Nevermind it was still a great day :YAHOO:

Edited by nickysgirl77