Your Views On Harry Potter Set!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting it blunt, wasn't impressed. It felt like to me they just grabbed things that look like they could have been in one of the HP films and chucked it in the corner. But I might have been disappointed because I was expecting more.

Ah well, the stuff they had looked good. Just didn't really feel like a HP set to me. =[

call me naive but I was expecting Hogwarts Hall to be assembled and there going off the photo on the LFCC page. I totally forgot about this set until I read this and I walked past the actual exhibit 3 times yesterday.

To be honest was expecting a bit more as well, we took some pics there nevertheless and they do look like we was on film, with the right poses and angles ;-) but I agree it was a little bit of a let down and I was looking forward to the dropback they had advertised on the site and that. Still great idea though to bring this to LFCC :0)

harry potter "set"?...is that what it was??.....i didnt even notice it was there on saturday,found it by accident on sunday..........was it supposed to be stuff used in the films,or a recreation? either way it was a non event...it looked like....nothing,just some bits of furniture flung together in a corner.

I must admit I didn't think much of it. Thought it would be much better and bigger.

In fact I looked at it and wondered if it was the Harry Potter set, I couldn't think of what else it could be but it didn't look very Potter. It was only when I saw the cauldron that I knew what it was.

Luckily though, while I was there, a couple of people dressed as Hogwarts students came and posed for a photo with wands pointing at the cauldron.

Imagination needed !

My son who is 4 and I had great fun in the set pretending to ride around on brooms and sweep up the Hogwarts floor.

Having had the opportunity to visit a number of sets on film studio lots in America, many of which are very famous, it isn't unusual to be some what surprised at how ordinary they appear when you visit them.

This is where you see the importance of not just the actors, but also the Director, Cinematographer, Camera Crew, Lighting Crew etc etc that make the magic happen.

If you attended James Bamford stunt show he explained how long he takes in putting together the sequences for the stunt scenes for example.

In many ways you needed to use your own imagination to have a bit of fun and bring the set to life.

Agreeing with most of the posters here, I was a little let down by it. I also assumed there would be actual items used in the films there (and a decent backdrop) but it looks like they were just items that "look like" they might be from the film. The books for example didn't look like anything in particular. After seeing it on the Sat I didn't bother bringing my Hermione cosplay on the Sun as all I was going to bring her for was that set.

Not saying it was a bad thing to have in general but if it wasn't advertised the way it was then no-one would be disappointed.

Edited by Leonie Heartilly

Imagination needed !

In many ways you needed to use your own imagination to have a bit of fun and bring the set to life.

There's a difference between having to use your imagination, and something not looking recognisable to any location in the film. Honestly, that could've been from any magical/medieval film