Early Bird lines - prepaid and pay on the day

Negative:

- don't understand why people paying on the day entered before pre-paid tickets holders. Not fair and it has been raised before

This same thing happend when i attended EMS in London last November. I was standing in the pre pay queue as the people who just arrived on the day and paid were walking past me and getting in! They should be made to get to the back of the pre pay queue in my opinion. Otherwise, why bother pre paying to secure tickets?

totally agree with this.... whats the point of calling it early bird... what load of s***!!!

totally agree with this.... whats the point of calling it early bird... what load of s***!!!

It is called Early Bird because you get in two hours earlier than the standard tickets.

Also as long as you arrive within a reasonable time before opening you will still be in earlier than the majority of the early bird tickets buying on the day.

edited for clarification purposes

Edited by Queen_Sindel

It is called Early Bird because you get in two hours earlier than the standard tickets.

Also as long as you arrive within a reasonable time before opening you will still be in earlier than the majority of the early bird tickets.

we should also be in before the people paying on the day aswell!!

Also as long as you arrive within a reasonable time before opening you will still be in earlier than the majority of the early bird tickets.

also another disappointing thing... i thought karen pic was ment to be WITH the tardus NOT just beside it where you get just the side of it!!

Sorry I didn't make myself more clear, I actually meant the pay on the day Early Birds. I'll go and edit my post.

This discussion comes up practically every year.

As I have stated a few post above yours, I do clearly remember an official statement posted somewhere last year or the year before and I am looking for it to repost it here.

If you bear with me please I hope to find it eventually.

That part of your post seems to be gone now, maybe I have misread:

Personally I don't think it would be fair if the pay on the day people would be sent to the very back. They had some reasons for not buying - didn't know about the event in time, someone got into their account and they couldn't order, maybe they only got off from work the day before etc. They tried to make up for it by coming early. Why should they be punished and have to stand behind someone who came in 2 minutes before when they have been in line for hours possibly?

I haven't seen how long before the pay on the day got let in. Can anybody let me know? Normally the doors are supposed to open at the same time, so there really shouldn't be that many pay on the day people that get an advantage.

Sorry I didn't make myself more clear, I actually meant the pay on the day Early Birds. I'll go and edit my post.

As I have stated a few post above yours, I do clearly remember an official statement posted somewhere last year or the year before and I am looking for it to repost it here.

Personally I don't think it would be fair if the pay on the day people would be sent to the very back. They had some reasons for not buying - didn't know about the event in time, someone got into their account and they couldn't order, maybe they only got off from work the day before etc. They tried to make up for it by coming early. Why should they be punished and have to stand behind someone who came in 2 minutes before when they have been in line for hours possibly?

I haven't seen how long before the pay on the day got let in. Can anybody let me know? Normally the doors are supposed to open at the same time, so there really shouldn't be that many pay on the day people that get an advantage.

how about letting the EARLY BIRDS in bout half an hour before the pay on the day ppl ??

how about letting the EARLY BIRDS in bout half an hour before the pay on the day ppl ??

the early bird que was all round the building... the pay on the day was just round the other corner.. i know i would of got in quicker if i payed on the day.

The people paying on the day are Early Birds just like you, the only difference is they have paid on the day for one reason or the other.

the early bird que was all round the building... the pay on the day was just round the other corner.. i know i would of got in quicker if i payed on the day.

If you are so sure that would have happened then please give it a try and pay on the day next time. I am genuinely curious about the results.

I have not seen the lines this time but going from last year there were still a lot of people out in the actual pay on the day line after the prepaid line was let in.

Also in case my question gets lost, can someone please tell me how much earlier the pay on the day door did open?

The people paying on the day are Early Birds just like you, the only difference is they have paid on the day for one reason or the other.

If you are so sure that would have happened then please give it a try and pay on the day next time. I am genuinely curious about the results.

I have not seen the lines this time but going from last year there were still a lot of people out in the actual pay on the day line after the prepaid line was let in.

Also in case my question gets lost, can someone please tell me how much earlier the pay on the day door did open?

i must say,i noticed that too,as i was walking down at 8 am to join the prepaid early birds queue,which was very long,the pay on the door early bird queue was very short by comparison.it gave me pause for thought.

i must say,i noticed that too,as i was walking down at 8 am to join the prepaid early birds queue,which was very long,the pay on the door early bird queue was very short by comparison.it gave me pause for thought.

Thank you. Seems quite the opposite from last year then.

Maybe lots of attendees wanted to be prepared for Karen. I would have bought online in advance for just that reason too. Wouldn't have been worth the risk facing the queue from hell like last year.

Seems the queue discussions could do with moving to their own thread. I must sadly admit that indeed the early birders that bought on the day entered early than the prepay... This year.

Next year could be complete opposite, just luck of the draw that so many prepaid and so few bought on the day. I think it was a negligible difference as the prepay queue moved at a great speed.

Seems the queue discussions could do with moving to their own thread. I must sadly admit that indeed the early birders that bought on the day entered early than the prepay... This year.

I was just about to start a new topic and move everything over. I was trying to keep everything combined in one post, but it does look like this issue needs to be separated.

I did send a message pointing out that this problem has come up and it does seem like a larger problem than in the past years. So hopefully things tomorrow should be better.

I would think SM would want to encourage people to buy their tickets in advance. My assumption would be it gives them a better idea of how many attendees will be coming through the door and gives them more money in advance of the show to fund the bigger name guests.

From that point of view I would have thought it would make some sense to offer some sort of incentive, like getting in half an hour earlier than the pay on the day, for people who purchase tickets in advance.

Hi,

I had a freind in the pay on the day q who got there at the same time as me. And had to q towards the cash machine. The rest of us had to walk right round to the back of the building towards Earjs Court Entrance and they phoned me at 9am to say that they opened both doors. It did take 20 minutes to get in with our early bird tickets and it took my freind 10 minutes.

I know this may have just been this year but it is disappointing when you paid in advance and by the time we got in the person i wanted a VQ ticket was quite high up and my mate had a lower number to me. Because it was so high.. I decided not to bother as I had to go at 4. I know people may have not been able to pay or anything for whatever reason but people can surely ask mates or something beforehand to use their card. \i done this on many occasions.

This is my only quarm about the event... A fantastic day today and hope more tomorrow. im gonig to be there even earlier tomorrow so i can get a low numbered vq to see my person!!

Sorry for the long winded messaage but it is a fair point.

I am absolutely not trying to slag anyone off or saying I don't believe you. I do apologize if it sounded that way.

Sasari has already confirmed what I have observed in the last years, it used to be exactly the other way around. So those reports did quite stun me because they go against everything I have seen in the past.

Thank you for posting the time frame you experienced, this helps a lot in estimating the whole situation.

Hi,

I had a freind in the pay on the day q who got there at the same time as me. And had to q towards the cash machine. The rest of us had to walk right round to the back of the building towards Earjs Court Entrance and they phoned me at 9am to say that they opened both doors. It did take 20 minutes to get in with our early bird tickets and it took my freind 10 minutes.

I know this may have just been this year but it is disappointing when you paid in advance and by the time we got in the person i wanted a VQ ticket was quite high up and my mate had a lower number to me. Because it was so high.. I decided not to bother as I had to go at 4. I know people may have not been able to pay or anything for whatever reason but people can surely ask mates or something beforehand to use their card. \i done this on many occasions.

This is my only quarm about the event... A fantastic day today and hope more tomorrow. im gonig to be there even earlier tomorrow so i can get a low numbered vq to see my person!!

dont say sorry... they need to know these things.

When I popped out for lunch about middayish, the pay-on-the-day queue not only stretched back as far as the entrance to Earls Court but round the other side too - never seen it as bad as that before.

that was probably all the people waiting for after 11am :)

Standards do queue quite early too. ;)

But that observation does match the experience from last year again. If I recall correctly there was a steady line for pay on the day until almost 3 PM then.

Standards do queue quite early too. ;)

But that observation does match the experience from last year again. If I recall correctly there was a steady line for pay on the day until almost 3 PM then.

last year i did pay on the day and i got in before some of the early birds... but still missed out on some photo shoots... thank god for friday this year... got all my shoots that night

I am absolutely not trying to slag anyone off or saying I don't believe you. I do apologize if it sounded that way.

Sasari has already confirmed what I have observed in the last years, it used to be exactly the other way around. So those reports did quite stun me because they go against everything I have seen in the past.

Thank you for posting the time frame you experienced, this helps a lot in estimating the whole situation.

I know your not slagging anyone off sindel.. said sorry because i typed a long message lol!

last year i did pay on the day and i got in before some of the early birds... but still missed out on some photo shoots... thank god for friday this year... got all my shoots that night

You missed out on photo shoots with an early bird ticket? And a couple at that. I hope you mean photos at the table. Photo sessions have started before standard entry for a while, but there's always a gap to allow people to actually get in.

I know your not slagging anyone off sindel.. said sorry because i typed a long message lol!

Don't ever worry about typing too much.

I really appreciated your post because you gave so many details. They're helpful to me and I know they will be helpful for TooTall and SM too when they get back and read this.

You missed out on photo shoots with an early bird ticket? And a couple at that. I hope you mean photos at the table. Photo sessions have started before standard entry for a while, but there's always a gap to allow people to actually get in.

Don't ever worry about typing too much.

I really appreciated your post because you gave so many details. They're helpful to me and I know they will be helpful for TooTall and SM too when they get back and read this.

no this year i didnt miss any thing... but im guessing some maybe missed vivica fox, this year i got in just gone 9 30 am with EB ticket and there was still over a hundred behind me in the queue

no this year i didnt miss any thing... but im guessing some maybe missed vivica fox, this year i got in just gone 9 30 am with EB ticket and there was still over a hundred behind me in the queue

I meant last year, I understood from your post that you had that problem there.

I don't remember someone asking about Vivica, but we recommend letting crew at the entrance know you have a photoshoot and they should let you in more fast. I know it will feel weird walking past the queue, but that's the usual plan of action in case you get in danger to miss a shoot.

I meant last year, I understood from your post that you had that problem there.

I don't remember someone asking about Vivica, but we recommend letting crew at the entrance know you have a photoshoot and they should let you in more fast. I know it will feel weird walking past the queue, but that's the usual plan of action in case you get in danger to miss a shoot.

last year i was so close to the table then they said sold out of the being human group photo ;)(( thats when i decided to start paying by card