does anyone have picture of the kgills q&a hugs

With you David, about the hugs, if you want a hug, buy a photoshoot like everyone else. I liked the questions, my daughter asked about the alternative ending to the season. It was River Song talking and then the end. A bit disapointing, we thought it would be something weird.

You should be proud of your daughter because those are the sort of questions that should be asked at this event.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was fine, it's a bit of fun at the end of the day and it's something that would help everyone in the hall remember the talk. Shows how friendly/fun Karen is and I genuinely don't think it's a problem

she is fun and friendly but this sort of thing puts her in an awkward position, whats she meant to do? its not the place, and not fair as I and many have said in this thread, but if someone comes out with it and crew dont stamp it out right off the bat, wahts she meant to do? if she says no she might think it makes her look bad or rude, its like holding a gun to her head, its not right.

I wish I had more guts to ask questions, cos im tired of if you were a biscuit/cheese ect what would you be, or repeating of questions, how many times is someone gonna ask whats it like to work with matt smith, what did you think when rivers secret was revealed? in the same talk?

id of liked to ask karen about filming amys choice and alex about filming boudica warrior queen, but no way im getting up in front of 800 ppl lol

the crew did stamp down in the KG talk but then after someone comes up with can you wear my hat? where you not listening? after that we got back on track, although I wasnt as bothered by that as the hugs, which I thought was extremely unfair on everyone there.

in the alex talk they didnt put a stop on flash, they said its ok as long as you dont do it alot, so flash photos occurred throughout her talk. including a paparazzi style event when she walked in with flashes, which took me by surprise, her reaction was great though, she seemed really shocked and happy at the amount of ppl wanting to see her

With you David, about the hugs, if you want a hug, buy a photoshoot like everyone else. I liked the questions, my daughter asked about the alternative ending to the season. It was River Song talking and then the end. A bit disapointing, we thought it would be something weird.

You should be proud of your daughter because those are the sort of questions that should be asked at this event.

Yep, I much prefer them ones to the 'can I have a hug' ones. The first request annoyed me a little, the second one more so and by the third I was really frustrated. I didn't pay £20 in under 5 minutes of it going on the website to be ticket number 3 to have people behind take up time asking for hugs. Poor Karen, she had to say yes because she is lovely and didn't want to seem bad, but luckily the crew member with the mic said for it not be be asked anymore as he knew it was not the time or place for that!

Without questions like your daughter asked you are never going to get one that gets an interesting answer. Plus it is still informative and to the point of what the talks are about, I'm sure many people wanted to know how the mid-series finale last few minutes was handled and so for that reason alone nobody should be disappointed with it :D

Jesues its just a hug guys come on dont be so jealous and pathetic maybe next time you may get lucky to get a hug off Karen lol.

Nothing to do with jealousy mate, it's about etitquette and fairness for all.

Anyone could pay an extra £5 ontop of their price for talk tickets for photoshoot tickets where they COULD ask for a hug and get a photo to help them remember the moment by.

there was one young girl (I dunno 13 ish) who asked a question, she was dressed as matt smith in a fez, I cant remember now the question, but i remember thinking wow that was a really well thought out question from someone who obviously watched the show with joy, it was well constructed, really impressed me. well done to her!

Jesues its just a hug guys come on dont be so jealous and pathetic maybe next time you may get lucky to get a hug off Karen lol.

We're not being jealous and pathetic...we payed for a q&a! Not to see people ask Karen for hugs, where the hell are we supposed to get enjoyment from paying £25 from that?

Maybe one day you will get a hug too the girl was lucky enough to get one the crew could of stopped her but Karen was nice enough to give that experiance to a fan and if you ever see Karen and get that experiance and people complain you would try and stick up for yourself so why blow this out of proportion. Just let it go.

you know what I reckon that wasnt it at all, and perhaps this alternate is being reworked as such for later date, thats the impression I got from the tone of her answer, that she thought damn I cant say cos it might give something else away?

We're not being jealous and pathetic...we payed for a q&a! Not to see people ask Karen for hugs, where the hell are we supposed to get enjoyment from paying £25 from that?

Maybe that could be a new feature, pay £5 to hug a guest :D, until that day comes, it's not jealousy it's just that we didn't pay to watch other people hugging. You wouldn't pay to watch people have a photoshoot with her would you?

• Moderators

I had a photo shoot with her. If I wanted a hug, I would've asked there. Please don't call people jealous when they have a very reasonable point.

Edited by DavidB

Maybe one day you will get a hug too the girl was lucky enough to get one the crew could of stopped her but Karen was nice enough to give that experiance to a fan and if you ever see Karen and get that experiance and people complain you would try and stick up for yourself so why blow this out of proportion. Just let it go.

I payed for a photoshoot with her, and we put our arms around each other 'mate', jealousy is nothing to do with it. The point is that it was a Q & A, which is not the place for asking for such things, so maybe you should 'give it up' because it's a fact, not my opinion

• Moderators

The point is that there's a time and a place for things like that, and a paid talk isn't one of them. Its not hard to understand. If it doesn't bother you then great, I don't know if you were even there MK?

There's a reason why crew stop it, but i don't believe anyone should even think about doing it in the first place. Just think about your fellow attendees as we are ALL there to enjoy it.

The point is that there's a time and a place for things like that, and a paid talk isn't one of them. Its not hard to understand. If it doesn't bother you then great, I don't know if you were even there MK?

There's a reason why crew stop it, but i don't believe anyone should even think about doing it in the first place. Just think about your fellow attendees as we are ALL there to enjoy it.

I agree with David because he is cool guy seen him a couple of times, so if david say things I agree with him too.

I was there David dont you worrie mate.

Yeah that's all i'm saying though, of course everyone in Earls Court(that's a fan of Doctor Who, and some who i'm sure aren't even Dr Who fans) would love to go up and give her a hug, but the sad fact is, it's not possible at these things with someone like her, unless its in a photoshoot that you pay for. Imagine if 500 people in the talk all asked for hugs? They couldnt allow it, so it's not fair that one person is selfish enough to ask and get one before it gets banned. It should just be banned from the start in future, which i'm sure most of us agree on

I honestly wouldn't have minded if the entire talk was Karen hugging other people, with a few random questions thrown in. I was there cause I am a huge Karen Gillan fan and I wanted another 45 minutes to see her in the flesh. As long as she was there and I could see her being all wonderful and pretty, then I would not have minded at all what went on. I paid for my photoshoot, I paid for my autograph. I would have happily paid it all over again. There were some questions I found boring, but I'm not complaining. And they probably took up more time than my hug.

You didn't pay more money than me. What you wanted is no more important than what I wanted.

You didn't pay more money than me. What you wanted is no more important than what I wanted.

But, and this is probably a big but to some people, what we wanted (and paid for) isn't what we got, not for all the time at least! It didn't say 45 minutes, consisting of 40 minutes of questions and 5 minutes of hugging, it said 45 minutes q+a!

Also, I wanted a hug, but didn't ask for one because didn't think it was fair or the time or place...