does anyone have picture of the kgills q&a hugs

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont think its very fair to do that in a talk, to the other attendees (who have also paid to hear her talk and would love to get close to her themselves) and for karen, whats she to say? if she says no she looks like she is being rude. bit of gun to her head thing I thought, bit like the whole thing about a rival con org planning on going to ask her to his con in her autograph session. this all annoyed me a little

im also jealous lol

dont think its very fair to do that in a talk, to the other attendees (who have also paid to hear her talk and would love to get close to her themselves) and for karen, whats she to say? if she says no she looks like she is being rude. bit of gun to her head thing I thought, bit like the whole thing about a rival con org planning on going to ask her to his con in her autograph session. this all annoyed me a little

im also jealous lol

I only asked her cause of the fox that we sort of gave her, and we were at the end of the row. I felt bad after, but I just thought I'd ask because it's Karen Gillan, and I will never have the chance to do that again :/

im also jealous lol

I only asked her cause of the fox that we sort of gave her, and we were at the end of the row. I felt bad after, but I just thought I'd ask because it's Karen Gillan, and I will never have the chance to do that again :/

Neither will the other 498 people I'm afraid. Just not the done thing in a paid talk!

im also jealous lol

awww good for you :) other people are just jealous babe xx

im also jealous lol

awww good for you :) other people are just jealous babe xx

Nope not jealous, just wanting an interesting and informative Q&A session, not someone wanting to use it to satisfy a personal whim. It's like the people who think it's just "cheeky" or "a laugh" to ask for a photo when it clearly says no photos or a personalisation when it says no personalising.

Anyway, overall it was a good session with a few interesting insights. I told her afterwards it was enjoyable and she said she was very nervous doing it but had enjoyed it too.

Edited by Rockstar6662

:D wow, I would have thought this would be stopped by the crew - unless it was one of those 'oops, happened before we could stop it moments'

It's hard for the crew to stop once someone asks and karen said yes.

Though the crew did warn no more request for further hugs after the first incident.

I thought it was out of order asking for a hug. It used up valueable time for good questions and was very unfair to others.

Some of the questions we're just silly and very self centered.

Thought it was even cheeker the person who asked to for Karen to wear a hat after it had already stated about not giving stuff to guests etc.

I thought it was fine, it's a bit of fun at the end of the day and it's something that would help everyone in the hall remember the talk. Shows how friendly/fun Karen is and I genuinely don't think it's a problem

This!

It's the first thing I remember other than my own biscuit question. I also remember the sexy ladder questions :angry:

• Moderators

Not wanting to upset anyone but i definitely fall into the group of people highly irritated by the personal questions or requests. It is just selfish, especially in a paid talk.

I'd perhaps do warnings before the talks starts, especially the busiest ones.

To be honest though, it is just common sense and courtesy no? Can't even imagine doing that myself..

Not wanting to upset anyone but i definitely fall into the group of people highly irritated by the personal questions or requests. It is just selfish, especially in a paid talk.

I'd perhaps do warnings before the talks starts, especially the busiest ones.

To be honest though, it is just common sense and courtesy no? Can't even imagine doing that myself..

Didn't seem to happen with Alex today though I had to miss the last 10mins or so but there were some good questions that really got her going in to some details with the answers.

I thought it was fine, it's a bit of fun at the end of the day and it's something that would help everyone in the hall remember the talk. Shows how friendly/fun Karen is and I genuinely don't think it's a problem

This!

It's the first thing I remember other than my own biscuit question. I also remember the sexy ladder questions :D

Oh god, the ladder question. They put the microphone in front of me and I just panicked. I hate anything like that. So I asked for a hug to make up for my bad experience. I didn't think it was a big deal. And I've seen Karen interviews, they are all fun rather than informative, which I personally think is a good thing. We have tons of behind the scenes stuff for information, I wanted a fun 45 minutes that I won't ever forget, rather than Karen just answering really boring questions the whole time that she will have answered a million times. I knew a lot of that stuff anyway, cause it's online. The boring questions will never get an answer like Karen talking about cutting cheese. That was priceless.

Also, you asked the biscuit question? Other than my friend asking her to sing and me asking her anything, that was my favourite bit. She was so adorable. Although, my sister disagrees and thinks she should have been a ginger snap. :D

• Moderators

I wanted a fun 45 minutes that I won't ever forget, rather than Karen just answering really boring questions the whole time that she will have answered a million times. I knew a lot of that stuff anyway, cause it's online.

Well that's nice that YOU got what YOU wanted, but I still think it's a bit selfish. I couldn't care less about people getting hugs, giving gifts or god knows what else. I paid to listen to Karen talk about things, not fulfil personal wishes.

And not all of us have the time to watch interviews etc, so I find informative talks well worth the money.

Sorry but I think personal requests and questions should be completely banned, and I don't think anyone should feel they deserve to get what they want at the expense of hundreds of others who have paid to be there.

I really enjoyed the event but I'm seriously bothered by the selfishness of some.

I wanted a fun 45 minutes that I won't ever forget, rather than Karen just answering really boring questions the whole time that she will have answered a million times. I knew a lot of that stuff anyway, cause it's online.

Well that's nice that YOU got what YOU wanted, but I still think it's a bit selfish. I couldn't care less about people getting hugs, giving gifts or god knows what else. I paid to listen to Karen talk about things, not fulfil personal wishes.

And not all of us have the time to watch interviews etc, so I find informative talks well worth the money.

Sorry but I think personal requests and questions should be completely banned, and I don't think anyone should feel they deserve to get what they want at the expense of hundreds of others who have paid to be there.

I really enjoyed the event but I'm seriously bothered by the selfishness of some.

I agree 100%. It should definitely be banned from all talks. I still remember the big Doctor Who talk from last years event, with about 10 guests on stage, and someone asked if they could have a photo with them all :WINCE: IT'S A TALK!!

With you David, about the hugs, if you want a hug, buy a photoshoot like everyone else. I liked the questions, my daughter asked about the alternative ending to the season. It was River Song talking and then the end. A bit disapointing, we thought it would be something weird.