Elisabeth Sladen & Nicholas Courtney Tribute

Having travelled to the show today we were VERY disappointed to find that as of 1.30 today that the tribute had not been set up and that no-one we asked knew when or if it was being set-up. We left then as it seemed that they weren't putting anything up

We had a good day and got some good autographs but the main reason for our visit was to see this tribute and purchase the items that were detailed in the forum.

They were 2 great stars and both very kind and genuine people who we were both honored to meet at previous conventions around the country.

I would be very interested to know what happened as this spoiled what could have been a very good day.

I'm sure official confirmation will be posted when the office gets back home.

I wasn't at the event myself, but it was posted in another topic that apparently something was set up at the Organisers Booth. Did you ask there by any chance? If you're looking for something normally the Organisers Booth is your best bet.

Having travelled to the show today we were VERY disappointed to find that as of 1.30 today that the tribute had not been set up and that no-one we asked knew when or if it was being set-up. We left then as it seemed that they weren't putting anything up

We had a good day and got some good autographs but the main reason for our visit was to see this tribute and purchase the items that were detailed in the forum.

They were 2 great stars and both very kind and genuine people who we were both honored to meet at previous conventions around the country.

I would be very interested to know what happened as this spoiled what could have been a very good day.

To be honest I was a bit let down. I asked at the organisers booth a number of times, to be told 1) they hadn't a clue 2) when they did finally have a clue, they didn't know when.

As I was leaving at 4.30 I walked past the organisers booth, to find little more than a donations box, a sign and a few piles of different pictures for sale. Not really a tribute in my eyes but hey, everyone has their own views!

We asked several members of the crew and was given conflicting answers. I look forward to knowing what happened from the organisers.

We spent a lot of money getting there today and was looking forward to getting some of the exclusive items.

Any answer from the organisers would be appreciated.

i was there yesterday, i didnt see any sort of tribute to them both.

there were quite a few things mentioned on this forum about some small events going on at LFCC and a lot of them didnt even happen

HOLD YOUR HEADS IN SHAME SM......

I look forward to the excuses! in fact i cannot wait!

Edited by cookie13

I admit I looked for it too and was a bit taken aback when I saw it. I imagine organising an event as large as LFCC is quite an extraordinary feat and with the billion and one other things that need to be sorted out it's very easy to imagine that this fell by the way side. And that's OK - everyone's human.

But sometimes I think Showmasters would make life easier on themselves if they didn't always announce these things in advance. Because the "tribute" really didn't reflect the original post - it was a pile of photos and a collection box bunged on the organisers desk and as result the whole thing left an unfortunate taste. It would almost have been better for it not to be there at all I think. Perhaps for a future event you could set up a couple of Showmasters Just Giving pages for the two charities you were intending to support and advertise them on the main page? Lovely tribute which requires minimal effort and benefits two very worthwhile organisations.

Thanks for the photo.

When was this taken?

I still await, albeit only 1 day after the event, for an answer from SM as what actually happened on Saturday.

It's not easy to see what is on the stand but I think it is fair to say that it is not as advertised.

Thanks for the photo.

When was this taken?

I still await, albeit only 1 day after the event, for an answer from SM as what actually happened on Saturday.

It's not easy to see what is on the stand but I think it is fair to say that it is not as advertised.

Yesterday, early afternoon x

Thanks for the photo.

When was this taken?

I know it can be frustrating when things don't go100% to plan, especially of you travel for a specific reason. As I am sure you can appreciate that Showmasters work very hard to make this event work. Furthermore they did not finish working until the small hours this morning (with the immediate tasks, such as removing dealers and equipment from Earls Court).

Having said this Jason has come on line last night to state he would give a full statement... He has then come online again this morning to give a brief statement, explaining why some things did not happen as planned, and that they would be featured at future events.

In all honesty, SM have no gain to say they will do something and thenot do it. I know from experience that the full time team can literally go days without sleeping trying to get everything done. They have a passion for ensuring everyone has a good time.

Well that's me told.

I didn't look through the other posts to find the reason for the let down.

My original post states that it spoiled what could have been a good day and having read Jasons reply I completely understand how busy things were and how much of a surprise the numbers of people attending were.

A very small however though:

Were the 4 people who worked for 3 days solid booking the 150 rooms also the ones that were in charge of the Tribute stand and how many hotels do not take a deposit or full payment for 150 rooms and if they had messed up at the hotel surely that had some responsibility for relocating the crew and guests.

Don't get me wrong putting on this event is clearly a massive job and one that I would have no idea how to even start planning and to be fair if we had gone on Sunday we may have felt very differently

We were at Milton Keynes when the hobbitts made their 1st appearance together and that was an absolute nightmare compared to anything that went wrong over this wekend

This was clearly a very successful show and well done to all. You cant please everyone all the time and we will be back and look forward to possibly a proper Nic and Lis tribute

I can completley understand the frustration.

The 4 people are Showmasters, everyone else comes in for the shows. A few people add help outside fo the shows, but the 4 were solidly working on this major issue.

Annoyingly it wasnt something that could be sorted at this late time. I dont know the in's and outs, but my overview of understanding,

The hotel booking is like a plane ticket, the hotel upgraded its computer system and double booked. Whether money had been taken or not there was nothing that could be done at that time. If money had been taken then it was simply a case of turn and chase it after the event as there wasnt time to mess around before the event.

I am sure knowing how passionate Jason is, that he will ensure the tribute is what he wanted it to be :-)