Saturday Review

Karen Gillan - Heard that VT went up to 750 by 09:30

Karen arrived at 09:35-ish - she was very pleasant and nice.

Left the Karen signing at 09:45 thinking that I might be late for the Shawnee Smith photoshoot. It was still taking place when I arrived to Area C.

The Buck Rogers talk was hillarious - a lot of chemistry between Gil and Erin.

Corey Feldman - it was his birthday today, so was a nice touch that the crowds sang "Happy Birthday".

Karen Gillan talk - some odd questions were asked. Enjoyed the bit where she sung Katy Perry's "California Girls". She buys her shoes from a vintage shop in Camden Market.

Great day overall.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was supose to of come earlier but i woke up late and ended up at earls court somewhere between 9:50-10:10am and my vt number was 951, i guess the lesson learnt is not to sleep in when Karen is signing.

this was the most busy ive ever been at a convention, got battered. im so tired.

karen was fantastic, really impressed with her and how she handleled it all. I hear she didnt even take a lunch break so to see more ppl in the signing area. what a joy to meet.

lea was lovely to meet, as were all the guests I met, great day, mega busy. everyone seemed on good form

minus points, meeting haren was extreemly rushed both the auto and photo, which i dont like but I understand why so this isnt a complaint, just my rpeferences.

was a bit disapointed with a couple of my autos off her, im not sure if it was the pens or she writes lightly but the auto is faded as it where on 2 off mine..

the hall was too hot.

the lis and nic tribute stand? I spent almost 2 days searching for this, eventually I find out its a collection box, 2 autos and a photo of them both on the orgs table, a far cry from what was mentioned. shame

but overall fantastic event, with fantastic guests, and wow mega busy, im hearing numbers of 40k through the doors? isbnt that usually the total for both days? well done showmasters

and well done to fastdraw malcolm on the studio, he got through so many shoots and with a few minutes to spare.

:thumbup:-->

QUOTE(king b @ Jul 9 2011, 06:59 PM) 1667394[/snapback]

I was supose to of come earlier but i woke up late and ended up at earls court somewhere between 9:50-10:10am and my vt number was 951, i guess the lesson learnt is not to sleep in when Karen is signing.

@king b - but were you able to get an autograph?

I know this is the saturday review but i just have to say I loved the friday preview and the ability to buy a weekend ticket for sat n sun without the need to queue on the days themselves made things alot easier me thinks.

:thumbup:--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(king b @ Jul 9 2011, 06:59 PM) 1667394[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

@king b - but were you able to get an autograph?

vts being called up were on 1100 I think when I last walked past contemplating another lol, I decided not to though, save that money for alex tomorrow

Felt sorry for Clive Barker as he looked in great pain with his hand, I heard he went home earlier than planned but he was a great guy to meet and made a rude comment which really made me laugh!

Shawnee Smith and Natalia Tena were lovely and very chatty, bit disappointed that I didn't get to speak to Chris Lloyd much at all but I understand he is incredibly busy. I got the autographs I wanted and that is the main thing :)

Very tired now and need a good rest, thanks for the event Showmasters. Look forward to seeing what you do for the Entertainment show in October!

Edited by ClockworkOwen18

Today has been amazing

Met Karen bout 10 ish I think managed to have nice chat with her for a few mins and she is one of the loveliest guests I have ever met

Went to harry potter and feldman talks which were trully great

My last guest was Christopher Lloyd as he was signing my pic had a nice conversation with him so was amazing loved it and his crew members were really nice to me thanx for that

An epic day of insane proportions so thanx sm for it !!!!!!! :)

Had a great day but was shocked how big the early bird ticket queue was and also I had to leave at midday and the line still went round the side and front of the building - where did all these people come from?

Anyway, got a VT for Karen roughly about the 650 mark and she had to go for her photo's, break and talk so was told she wouldn't be back until approx 4pm so gave my ticket to someone else.

Anybody know roughly what number she got to with the signing?

Also, first time I've met Sophie Aldred - she is so friendly!

Pretty good day today. I only planned to come up the Saturday but I went to the preview yesterday too! Got my VT tickets as soon as I arrived about 11.20AM, they were already fairly high so I spent my wait at the National Portrait Gallery as I already looked around on the Friday, then returned later in the afternoon.

The guests I met were all great. Michael Bailey Smith, Lea Thompson and Tom Sizemore. Michael asked me if he could put a Hills Have Eyes quote on my poster, of course he could! Then showed me a picture he had avaliable to sign that was taken from one of the deleted scenes from the film, and told me a little story about that. I mentioned that it was the first 18 rated film I saw at the cinema, and that I might have been a month or two younger than 18 at the time.

I didn't know what to expect from Tom Sizemore, but I met him after he came back from lunch about 4PM and he seemed really engaging. I had a Grand Theft Auto: Vice City poster to get signed and he asked if I wanted anything in particular on it. I asked him if he could remember any quotes so he managed to write one on, really cool considering I didn't think he would remember much from it. Really cool guy.

Absolutely shattered but had a great day.

Arrived about 8:45, joined gold queue and we were let in first. Went straight to join the queue for karen as was about 10th or so but as she didn't turn up til after 9:30 I whizzed off to the Shawnee Smith shoot and came straight back to Karen and they were only just letting VQ tickets in.

Yes she was rushed and there were no personalisations etc but she spoke to every single person and exchanged a few words.

Not sure Shawnee was quite sure what she'd let herself in for, she seemed a little reserved but was pleasant. Ran out of time to meet her today so on my list for tomorrow.

I can't quite remember the order i did everything in but Lea Thompson was simply lovely and as her photoshoot was not long after I met her and I was second in the queue she remembered me as I have the same name as her husband apparently. She was doing photos at the desk but as I had the shoot booked I didn't ask.

Sir Derek Jacobi, again lovely.

For some reason I was expecting Christopher Lambert to be a bit grumpy, I don't know why but he was great too. Very welcoming and seemed very appreciative of people. Shook his hand and got a nice photo of him at the desk, not posed but have a shoot tomorrow anyway.

Christopher Lloyd. Lovely man. Very nice at his photoshoot and at the desk. Slow signing his name so there were quite long queues at times but he is in his 70's and it's not a critisism.

In fact everyone was really nice.

The talks I went to were great fun, Karen was a star although I don't like people asking for hugs and so on in a talk. Luckily that was stopped very quickly. Having a gold pass I went and got the print we were given signed straight after. The VQ ticket numbers at that point were only up 440 and I saw someone in front of me trying to get in with one numbered over 1200. Unfortunately I think a lot of people are going to go home disappointed. I left earlier than I originally intended as I was so tired and have more to do tomorrow but although it was a long day I had a great time.

Will explore teh stalls a bit more tomorrow I think.

Hi to Rob too. Nice to meet you.

turned up at 9.30ish. Got a ticket for Karen Gillan (854) so pretty much concluded that that was that. Went for a mooch and got Sarah Sutton & Louise Jameson's autos and checked out the stalls for Character Options Doctor Who Classic figures. They were all charging a tenner on top for what you can get them in FP. No chance.

We then decided to nip to the Doctor Who Experiance for a few hours and picked our gobs off the floor as we left Earls Court and saw the huge amount of folk queing to get in to the convention. Well done to the organisers on the events success. Ive never seen ques like that for a Showmasters event.

After the DWE we came back to Earls Court and had a mooch again, picked up Reservoir Dogs on Blu Ray and after pretty much not being able to move anywhere without ignorant gets banging into us we thought lets screw this for a lark and went sight seeing in London. Ive been to cons all over the country and people are always very pleasant with the "excuse me" or "no, after you" business but not at Earls Court. Id had little sleep and after various divs banging into me I decided it was for the best if we got off. We then went to FP and picked up some Classic Character Options Who figures minus the extra £10 the stalls were asking.

It could have been a great day but the heat, the huge crowds and the fact I havent been to London much meant we had to do one early. I took 300, I spent 30 at the show.

Ill stick to local shows from now on as London is a b*tch.

Edited by WHO1

Had a great day at my first LFCC today !!

Meet my favourite author, Clive Barker, which was a lifelong dream of mine!

Went to the talk with Robert Knepper, who is honestly one of the best actors we have today.

There were others I would like to have met, but some of the cues we immense (Chris Lloyd especially).

All in all, a great vibe, stalls, people, just a great day out!

Strongly considering going back tomorrow for the Hellraiser, Shawnee Smith and Chris Lloyd talks aswell.

Yeah London was pretty busy today. Was I right in noticing that the next LFACC is moving venue because of the Olympics? Imagine how busy it will be getting in and around the venue!

If LFCC this year was busy.

Next year may be even more busier with half of the world coming to watch the Olympics (nope, wasn't successful in scoring tickets :thumbup: ) and opting to attend LFCC as an activity.

God knows what big named guests will be invited next year.

If the poll is anything to go on by, Christopher Lee or Ewan McGregor will be HUGE crowd drawers.

It was certainly the busiest LFACC I can remember for a few years now. Despite that though I was pretty much able to get all the autographs I wanted by about 10.30 which included Christopher Lloyd, Christopher Lambert, Lea Thompson and Derek Jacobi so I was quite pleased with that.

The crowds did mean the event felt a little less relaxed than previous shows but hopefully that means the event made more money which hopefully bodes will for future shows.

A very good but very tiring day all told!

Edited by Count Fooku

Anybody know roughly what number she got to with the signing?

Karen was up to 950 when I walked past at about 5.30pm.

950? i walked past roughly around that time and it said about 460, meh if thts the case i wished i stayed longer but oh well.

Unfortunately i didn't get to meet Christopher Lloyd which was a little disappointing. This might be unpopular but I believe he is too cheap; he should be around the £45 mark. Worth noting that there are already signed items on fleabay while real fans miss out. (Whinge over) Note for people attending on Sunday and hoping to meet Christopher Lloyd; I believe his vq cut off today was around 380 (please correct if wrong) so if you're over that on Sunday then you might have to prepare yourself for disappointment.

Picked up a copy of the TEAMFOX poster which is very nice and got got my Blob US 1 sheet signed by Shawnee.

Good day but as already noted it was very busy.

Only one minor negative - people were standing up to take photos in the Harry Potter talk and even after the talk had started, they were still standing up for a good five minutes and no crew told them to sit down.

Edited by TurkFox

I have had simply one of the best days ever, thank you to all at Showmasters for your dedication and advice.

Bringing us Karen Gillan just blew me away, she is Lovely! So friendly, chatted as much as she could, signed well and seemed to be enjoying the experience.

Everyone else was great too, unfortunately couldnt get Shawnee Smirh as she had gone and the staff crewing her unfortunately didnt know where or if she would be coming bavk, sadly this mrant I didnt see her.

But nevertheless, a wonderful day all round, thank you :)