Disabled access

Hello everyone,

I don't want to cause a issues but I think a few aspects could do with clarification please

I am disabled, I have arthritis and such that im allways in pain and standing for long periods of time, sitting on the floor isn't possible and neither is walking quickly or running especally as i have to walk aided i.e with a stick.

Now before my condition got as severe as it is now I have been to many previous showmasters events and although I enjoyed them I must say that my experience of the support was lacking and a battle from anyone other than too tall. I also must say that other friends have experienced problems.

Saying all of this, I would love to come to another event and as such would like clarification. I have read the disability point in the fact post which addressed some of the previous concerns and I have emailed and had no response

So could I have clarification on

1. Morning queuing- people get there early to get the best vt which i am now physically unable to do and would like it if there was some policy which means that people like myself who through no fault of there own could have an equal oppitunity to get a vt ticket.

2. Also running to get the ticket or 'fast walking' again this is not possible

3. Seating - is there any in the hall anymore or not? as it was lacking last time

The rest seemed to be covered, all im interested in is having an equal chance as everyone else and i know disabled friends who would love to go but who are too concerned about things like this to do so

Thank you

Firelily

Edited by firelily

Usually disability issues are handled by TooTall. You could try speaking to a Pit Boss (those in the red shirts) first. If they can't help please ask to speak to TooTall.

I'm afraid the chair problem is an ongoing one. The eating areas have some chairs. But if you ask a crew member for help again they should be able to get you seating. They've been very helpful when I was at the event with crutches.

If you want to try and resend your e-mail to info@showmastersonline.com with "FAO TooTall" in the headline that should work. I'm hoping you don't need this info for Comic Con right now, TooTall will get back to you ASAP.