Questions from a convention newbie

Hey guys,

My first convention was Collectormania this year and I'll be attending the LFCC tomorrow. I plan to get there around 11 am, is this ample time?

I also have a few other questions for you guys about the Con.

1. I would really like to meet Christopher Lloyd but would not really be willing to dish out £25 for a photoshoot with him. Are guests generally fine with you randomly coming up to them and asking for a picture with them taken on your own camera? I've seen a few pictures of people with various guests at their signing booths so was just wondering.

2. Will tickets for the Con be easily accessable tomorrow around the time I plan to arrive? My party hasn't booked tickets online and just plan to turn up and get them when we arrive.

3. Is there any food available in Earls Court or do you have to travel outside of the venue to get eats?

4. To get in and out is there like a handstamp, wristband system thing or is it all done via showing stewards your ticket?

Thanks in advance for the help, any other useful tips would be great. It'll also be my first time Cosplaying, I'll be going as a Jedi Knight so any cosplay tips and info about the event would be awesome.

1. I would really like to meet Christopher Lloyd but would not really be willing to dish out £25 for a photoshoot with him. Are guests generally fine with you randomly coming up to them and asking for a picture with them taken on your own camera? I've seen a few pictures of people with various guests at their signing booths so was just wondering.

It varies from guest to guest, and on queue size. Set expectations to low, and take anything else as a bonus. I've only ever been turned down for a quick photo once, and that was at the end of the day, and with a busy guest.

2. Will tickets for the Con be easily accessable tomorrow around the time I plan to arrive? My party hasn't booked tickets online and just plan to turn up and get them when we arrive.

I have always booked in advance. You may be in for a bit of a queue, but I'm sure you'll be fine. You won't be alone in this, for sure.

3. Is there any food available in Earls Court or do you have to travel outside of the venue to get eats?

There are eats, but they can be pricey. Your choice.

4. To get in and out is there like a handstamp, wristband system thing or is it all done via showing stewards your ticket?

Handstamp.

Thanks in advance for the help, any other useful tips would be great. It'll also be my first time Cosplaying, I'll be going as a Jedi Knight so any cosplay tips and info about the event would be awesome.

I'll be one of the people in normal clothes.

Edited by NBRBH

• Moderators

1. With a busy guest like Christopher Lloyd, the chances of even those who have paid for an autograph from him getting a photo at the table are fairly small. Getting a photo just going up to the table? Not a chance. Even going to the table for a chat without paying for an autograph is pretty unlikely.

2. Tickets will be available on the door, yes. The queue at 11am will probably be quite long as this is when standard entrance begins.

3. There are places to get food both in and out of the building.

4. You can get your hand stamped on exit, which will allow you re-entry.

Edited by etmuse