Picture Post

Aaaand some of the talks. My apologies for the crap quality and the yellow as I am a rank amateur at sorting lighting issues, but hey, at least it means you can work out which ones were done by the professionals, right? :lol:

TomSizemoretalkreduced.jpg

RobertKneppertalkreduced.jpg

RichardHatchtalkreduced.jpg

ChristopheLamberttalkreduced.jpg

AlexKingstontalkreduced.jpg

BrentSpinertalkreduced2.jpg

KarenGillantalkreduced.jpg

KarenGillantalkreduced-2.jpg

Oh my god, that second Karen picture. I love it so much. Have you got it in the original size? It's amazing. She's so genuinely happy in it. <33333 I wonder what question that was for, I'm hoping it was for the Karen/Arthur rl spark one. I absolutely loved her reaction. <33333

My photos can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/set=a.10...06147.672200365

The Witch King is in there somewhere as are Joel Gretsch and Richard Hatch.

Hello Bunny-summers, I am trying to look at your photos but it says the page is unavailable? I would love to see them though - especially the pic of the witchking!!

Tom

Oh my god, that second Karen picture. I love it so much. Have you got it in the original size? It's amazing. She's so genuinely happy in it. <33333 I wonder what question that was for, I'm hoping it was for the Karen/Arthur rl spark one. I absolutely loved her reaction. <33333

Yep, I do, although I warn you, the quality is even worse in large size! If you don't mind posting your email address (put the @ in brackets so the spambots can't recognize it), I'll send it to you. I'd PM you, but PMs are disabled on here, sorry.

And yes, I think that was the Karen/Arthur spark question - I don't remember her laughing quite so hard at anything else!

Photos taken on Saturday

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...11993.693795046

Photos taken on Sunday

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...12254.693795046

There are an awful lot of photos so I opened up these two albums to public view. If you had a photo taken with Dr Who cosplay Pirate Pond or Vocaloid Daughter of Evil Rin, you will be in these.

I also have random photos of guests and cosplayers, including Dr Who group, please check these out.

Edited by CurlyKirsty

Lighting and Removing the Yellow Colour Casts,

So many of the photos here are suffering with a yellow colour cast caused by the low Burn temperature of the lighting used in the halls at Earls Court,

The average Lighting Temperature at the event was 2300k, which is way below what the camera can automatically correct for, and even the flash on many small camera's will not overpower the lighting in the hall to correct for the colour cast,

But it's very easy to remove in a lot of photo editing program's even the Free ones like GIMP, just open your photo and adjust the lighting controls to 2300 Kelvin, and you should see an improvement in the skin tones of the images.

EG:

Straight Out Of The Camera,

standard.jpg

Adjusted to 2300k

2300k.jpg

AND HERE IS A LINK TO OTHER PHOTOS FROM THE SHOW (Sorry its a link, but to many to add all as individuals)

LFCC Images - (Updated 11th July)

Hi Stageshoot.... How do I do what you said in either Photoshop or Gimp?? I have tried to find information on how to do this but being a bit of a noob with these bits of software i have no idea.. Can you point me in the right direction...

Im sure a lot of people on here would be appreciative too...

Best wishes

Hi Stageshoot.... How do I do what you said in either Photoshop or Gimp?? I have tried to find information on how to do this but being a bit of a noob with these bits of software i have no idea.. Can you point me in the right direction...

Best wishes

Oh Dear, I am a lousy instructor, but the best way to explain would be to use GIMP as its free to download and easy to use,.

Right, if you don't have gimp google it asnd download it, its free for life, so always worth having,

Run Gimp, in thre GNU Box click, File, Click open, and select the photo you want to work with

You should now have the photo you want to edit open in an image box, go to colours on the top menu bar select levels, and a new box will open, if you click the Auto Tab (Lower centre of the levels box 9 times out of 10 it will correct it about right automatically)

You can fine tune the image further using the manual controls in there, but most of the time the auto setting will clear most of the colour cast. Click OK to lock the changes, If you want to improve the skin tones a bit more you can then go to the colour bar again and select Colour Balance, Leave on midtones and slide the Yellow Blue Slider a few points to blue, also on the shadows, its all a bit trail and error, but once you get one right the same settings should work on all other images taken in the same lighting.

Hope that helps some, and as I said sorry I am a lousy instructor,

(The above was based on a JPG image by the way)

You can certainly get it much better using these tools but if you shoot raw rather than jpeg you have a lot more control over White balance adjustment. Most people probably won't have a clue what raw is though but might be worth considering if your camera has the option.

Interesting info that the colour temp is so different to the normal range. Would explain why my camera struggled even when I tried to adjust for it. Thanks very much for that piece of info.

Did anyone get a good shot of Robert Knepper on his own?????

If so can someone put a link to it...

Thanks Guys

Best wishes

Oh Dear, I am a lousy instructor, but the best way to explain would be to use GIMP as its free to download and easy to use,.

Right, if you don't have gimp google it asnd download it, its free for life, so always worth having,

Run Gimp, in thre GNU Box click, File, Click open, and select the photo you want to work with

You should now have the photo you want to edit open in an image box, go to colours on the top menu bar select levels, and a new box will open, if you click the Auto Tab (Lower centre of the levels box 9 times out of 10 it will correct it about right automatically)

You can fine tune the image further using the manual controls in there, but most of the time the auto setting will clear most of the colour cast. Click OK to lock the changes, If you want to improve the skin tones a bit more you can then go to the colour bar again and select Colour Balance, Leave on midtones and slide the Yellow Blue Slider a few points to blue, also on the shadows, its all a bit trail and error, but once you get one right the same settings should work on all other images taken in the same lighting.

Hope that helps some, and as I said sorry I am a lousy instructor,

(The above was based on a JPG image by the way)

Cheers for that Stageshoot..... The one i just did does look a lot better than the original but still not brill as yet... Like you say trial and error .... Thanks again for ya help...

Thanks Guys

Are any of these any good to you

R Knepper Desk Image.

R Knepper Beer Image.

R Knepper Talk Image.

Cheers for that Stageshoot..... The one i just did does look a lot better than the original but still not brill as yet... Like you say trial and error .... Thanks again for ya help...

No problem, just keep tweeking!

Edited by stageshoot

My photos are here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...26026.575267735

If I've got any of you in them, feel free to save them. ;)

The lady you thought was a guest, but not sure who she is- that's Julie Caitlin Brown- agent for a fair chunk of the guests that come to SM shows. And she was in Babylon 5 for a bit!

Thank you, I can change that now :D:smile:

Thanks Guys

Are any of these any good to you

No problem, just keep tweeking!

Excellent m8... Much appreciated.....

Heres my sig from 'super freddy' :)

261666_10150238077523323_509248322_7380007_4994946_n.jpg

My mate Paddy with the dude involved in 'never sleep again' documentary on the nightmare on elm street films

269623_10150238076703323_509248322_7379989_8258754_n.jpg

im not a star wars fan, but just caught this walking past and its a stormtrooper pointing at his crotch?!!? LOL he either needed a wee or was gesturing to make me do something naughty LOL

261908_10150238076788323_509248322_7379991_5171573_n.jpg

Corey Feldman's sig...he is so awesome, i was so nervous i just handed him my map and after only 2 seconds he realized it was upside down DOOHH! true proffesional...he knows his props! LOL

271144_10150238077553323_509248322_7380008_7428942_n.jpg

sat in the delorean....all the christopher lloyd ones had sold out....but after seeing them im pretty happy that i have this one instead!

264695_10150238324088323_509248322_7382692_5612938_n.jpg

still waiting on my corey feldman and chris lloyd shoots through the post!!

Corey Feldman's sig...he is so awesome, i was so nervous i just handed him my map and after only 2 seconds he realized it was upside down DOOHH! true proffesional...he knows his props! LOL

271144_10150238077553323_509248322_7380008_7428942_n.jpg

Wow! That's a great thing to get signed. Love it :)

thanks!! i reckon it will look pretty cool in a frame with some more sigs on it! but i reckon coreys is the only one im going to get ha ha

i want jeff cohen and sean astin at the next con please! LOL

i also had my outatime number plate with me (delorean) but the queue was too long for chris lloyd and if i had stayed after 5pm on sunday i would have missed my train! :D

Edited by nuttymummy

Did anyone else see this guy?

What an amazing lookalike, totally random bumping into him, I was like "oh my god I HAVE to have my photo with you!" When I turned around, a queue had formed behind me of people all wanting the same!!

Awesome!

Screenshot2011-07-10at220940.png

Hes good but personally this is the one that is the best lookalike that I took with the wife..

PS.jpg

I loved this guy, he was so sweet =]

LONDON063.jpg

Great pictures everyone.

@ karen1774: I think your shot with Richard Hatch is one of my favorites, this one is really lovely.

@ Not_Pennys_Ship: Thanks for posting your Karen photoshoot. I was really curious how the Tardis shoot would look like.

Thanks @ Queen_Sindel - meeting Richard Hatch made my weekend he is fantastic - had photoshoot with him as well but havent posted that.

did anyone get a picture of The Witchking from Lord of the Rings as he was walking around, if so could you post it, as his costume was amazing, every time i tried to get a photo thye said he had to go cause he was too hot :-( But would appreciate seeing someones!!!!!!!

Thanks

tom

here you buddy http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/...¤t=LichKing.jpg

Yep, I do, although I warn you, the quality is even worse in large size! If you don't mind posting your email address (put the @ in brackets so the spambots can't recognize it), I'll send it to you. I'd PM you, but PMs are disabled on here, sorry.

And yes, I think that was the Karen/Arthur spark question - I don't remember her laughing quite so hard at anything else!

Oh my god, thank you. Um, keverdeens(@)gmail.com. That Karen/Arthur spark question. I love whoever asked it. <333333