Picture Post

Oh my goodness, that's not the ewok referred to in the film Paul is it? Didnt they say that was at Collectormaia London? Very funny.

I think it could have been a rrrreeeeaally pissed off Ewok.. Just before I took this pic (after asking), he had posed with a bloke and another cosplayer, and the shmuck insisted on patting the Ewok's head, despite the guy making it clear he disliked it. I think a few more pats, and kiddo would have been hit in the Wicket...

I was crewing with Star Warriors and took Chewie and the Wok through. One of our other crew members had a word with the guy who patted the Wok as I was busy with the Wookiiee. I dont understand how people think they can pat a person on the head like that. Anyway no harm done and Im glad you seemed to like the costumes - we all enjoyed being there.

I dont think the Wok was the same one mentioned in Paul though - her husband is another crew member!

Hope no offence was taken. Just seemed such an obvious comment to make due to the mention of an SM event in the film.

Great constume though. I've said elsewhere I'm not really into the whole cosplay/costume thing but they really do help make the event and some incredible work goes into them and I donated to a number of the collection tins all you guys were carrying around.

But I certainly wouldn't pat anyone on the head like you describe. Not good at all.

Great to see some more super pics. Really need to think of saving up for a faster zoom lens for my camera I think for these events

Has anyone got pictures of two guys doing Death Korps of Krieg from 40k? I was the commisar and so far i've only found one pic, from when we were posing with the epic suckerpunch group pretending to be steam-nazis for them. We were in costume almost all of saturday, and parts of sunday, and we were in the sunday masquerade. We may have been mistaken for steam-nazis, the Doctor Who gasmasked 'mummy' monsters, and just about every other vaguelly german badguy imaginable.

Hey Damius! You guys rocked for posing with us ladies. Jemma is just sorting photos tonight so there might be a few about. I know that our camera had run outta charge just after the junior masquerade so we didn't get any during your turn :YAHOO:

did anyone get a picture of The Witchking from Lord of the Rings as he was walking around, if so could you post it, as his costume was amazing, every time i tried to get a photo thye said he had to go cause he was too hot :-( But would appreciate seeing someones!!!!!!!

Thanks

tom

here you buddy http://s1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa322/...½t=LichKing.jpg

Fantastic photos mate!! Thank you very much for sharing! He had a real cool costume!!

Thanks

Tom

I have some pics of the Witch King taken just after we got him ready round the back but I cannot put them on here (not sure why it wont work). We havent got them on our webpage yet but can email if you like. PM me and I will send them through. He was with Star Warriors costume group.

Hello Varem, for some unknown reson it wont let me PM you, says that it cant be done on this forum?? weird :-(

Thanks

Tom

My photos can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/set=a.10...06147.672200365

The Witch King is in there somewhere as are Joel Gretsch and Richard Hatch.

Hello Bunny-summers, I am trying to look at your photos but it says the page is unavailable? I would love to see them though - especially the pic of the witchking!!

Tom

Should be here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/set=a.10...mp;l=db00af600f

The album setting are set to public so you should be able to see them. Will upload to photo bucket soon but there are loads of them and it's a daunting prospect!

I was also with the group that had the Witch King. I really don't know how he managed to walk around so long wearing that much steel. The sword alone was ridiculously heavy!

Hello Varem, for some unknown reson it wont let me PM you, says that it cant be done on this forum?? weird :-(

Thanks

Tom

PMs are disabled on this forum unfortunately.

My photos can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/set=a.10...06147.672200365

The Witch King is in there somewhere as are Joel Gretsch and Richard Hatch.

Hello Bunny-summers, I am trying to look at your photos but it says the page is unavailable? I would love to see them though - especially the pic of the witchking!!

Tom

The album setting are set to public so you should be able to see them. Will upload to photo bucket soon but there are loads of them and it's a daunting prospect!

I was also with the group that had the Witch King. I really don't know how he managed to walk around so long wearing that much steel. The sword alone was ridiculously heavy!

Hello thank you for trying again, still doesnt let me though, could be my computer being rubbish!! I bet he was hot, was an awesome costume!! I have the sword at home and know it is particularly heavy, will the costume be used again at the next EMS in Earls court in October? I also have the helmet aswell, know how heavy that is too. I will be trying to put up my pictures soon aswell, just to keep it on topic

Tom

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...mp;l=68eecab6b6

Here are my photos from over the weekend !! hope the link works!!!

Tom

Doesn't work for me either :YAHOO:

"The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."

I don't know then, it's a public album so that's strange. I go to most if not all SM events so you can just add me on fb if you want (anyone - just let me know who you are) www.facebook.com/bunny.summers

Edited by bunny-summers

I don't know then, it's a public album so that's strange. I go to most if not all SM events so you can just add me on fb if you want (anyone - just let me know who you are) www.facebook.com/bunny.summers

Just added you :YAHOO:

This is the link I get from your album, the one you posted had some extra characters on the end, maybe that was causing an issue?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...06147.672200365

I thought videoing the talks was not allowed?? ^^^

Do you mean me? :lol:

I ask because I have not video'ed anyone's talks, some general vid out in the main area, but no talk vids. I took a couple of pictures in the talks...but no vids. Not too familiar with the new camera either, hence the white balance being off.

There's always next year...12 months to get it right!

Edited by SlippDigby

Oh my goodness, that's not the ewok referred to in the film Paul is it? Didnt they say that was at Collectormaia London? Very funny.

I think it could have been a rrrreeeeaally pissed off Ewok.. Just before I took this pic (after asking), he had posed with a bloke and another cosplayer, and the shmuck insisted on patting the Ewok's head, despite the guy making it clear he disliked it. I think a few more pats, and kiddo would have been hit in the Wicket...

I was crewing with Star Warriors and took Chewie and the Wok through. One of our other crew members had a word with the guy who patted the Wok as I was busy with the Wookiiee. I dont understand how people think they can pat a person on the head like that. Anyway no harm done and Im glad you seemed to like the costumes - we all enjoyed being there.

I dont think the Wok was the same one mentioned in Paul though - her husband is another crew member!

Hope no offence was taken. Just seemed such an obvious comment to make due to the mention of an SM event in the film.

Great constume though. I've said elsewhere I'm not really into the whole cosplay/costume thing but they really do help make the event and some incredible work goes into them and I donated to a number of the collection tins all you guys were carrying around.

But I certainly wouldn't pat anyone on the head like you describe. Not good at all.

Great to see some more super pics. Really need to think of saving up for a faster zoom lens for my camera I think for these events

Glad you like the costumes and thanks for the donations - we actually made our own personal record for most money raised for our charity (APEC- Action on Pre Eclampsia).

In fact thankyou to everyone for their donations.

Wok was fine but we also had two over keen guys nearly take down the wookiiee by running at him to hug him from both sides - we had to physically move them off. They were apologetic but just kind of got carried away. I didnt want to be clearing up after a scared Wookiiee (Imagine the smell)

LOL no probs! I think the Wok would find the reference funny (I must mention it to her).

When the stars are asking you for a photo you know thats some quality cosplaying! Fantastic!

I was cosplaying jessica.. . . and guess who came out the back and asked for a picture with me. . i didn't even realise who he was till someone told me XD

5929585222_6fab28b00b_o.jpg