The mad rush at opening time...

i agree with the no running rule, i'm 4"11 and i've been knocked over a fair few times at cons by people running. Its not nice and its rude and people can get seriously hurt! So don't do it! : P

im 4ft 11 too and i dont fancy being knocked over either :uhoh: and i totally agree. consider others x

lets be honest,there is only one place people in the queue will be thinking of - at 9am when those doors open,everyone,and i do mean everyone(practically) will make a beeline for the vt tickets at karen gillans table.........wouldn`t want to be showstaff on there on saturday morning!...lol.

it`s gonna be like beatlemania all over again..................not that i was there for that you understand...lol

hope "amy pond fever" doesn`t put karen gillan off doing another convention............though she might want to have a lie down in a darkened room afterwards....lol :uhoh:

i wont be one of them lol x i think its nuts x if people go nuts then yes i wouldnt want to come back either nevermind karen gillan :uhoh::D

i agree it is totally crazy.....but i suppose that was bound to happen when it was announced she was only appearing for one day.you basically have a whole weekends worth of people,trying to meet her in one day.

I am not going to have the energy to walk, let alone run o.O I am gonna be outside Earls Court at 5:10am in the morning.... I got my trains wrong.... never mind.... But I will just stroll in.... or drag myself and get whatever ticket I can get

Which guests are you going for? Hopefully big names if you're getting there that early!

I am not going to have the energy to walk, let alone run o.O I am gonna be outside Earls Court at 5:10am in the morning.... I got my trains wrong.... never mind.... But I will just stroll in.... or drag myself and get whatever ticket I can get

Which guests are you going for? Hopefully big names if you're getting there that early!

Clive Barker and Corey Fieldman are my big names.... I am there early because I get the last train tonight... if i got the first train from where I live tomorrow morning, I dont arrive until 11:10... so I really had no choice

Clive Barker and Corey Fieldman are my big names.... I am there early because I get the last train tonight... if i got the first train from where I live tomorrow morning, I dont arrive until 11:10... so I really had no choice

Well I don't think you'll be the only one getting there that early. I'm turning up around 7am but because of the really big names they have like Karen Gillan and Christopher Lloyd I'm sure others will be getting there earlier than me...

I'm going mainly to see Christopher Lloyd. I'm getting there at 8. I'm not worried about hanging around all day for my VQ number to be called, I am however worried that he will be so busy that even though I'm arriving an hour before, I won't get to see him at all?

What do we think? :D

I'm going mainly to see Christopher Lloyd. I'm getting there at 8. I'm not worried about hanging around all day for my VQ number to be called, I am however worried that he will be so busy that even though I'm arriving an hour before, I won't get to see him at all?

What do we think? :blush:

Christopher is a rather slow signed going from his previous appearance. But as long as you can wait you should be okay. The majority of the really early arrivals seem to be aiming for Karen, while quite obviously you'll be making a beeline for Christopher. ;)

The clever people will realise that those with the last VT's for Karen tomorrow will be the ones who stick in her mind more. I doubt entirely that unless the first customers of the day bathe in neon paint beforehand, they'll be forgotten by 12.

I'm so so glad I'm not a Dr Who fan as hopefully the crazy rush for those guests will free up the space for me to head to the others!!!!!! :dance:

This. Will be interesting to watch/see how ridiculous the line gets throughout the day.

I'm getting there for 11AM, going to get autos for Tom Sizemore, Michael Bailey Smith and Lea Thompson and then hopefully be done quick if the guests aren't on a break/photoshoot. Already got my other 2 autos and looked at the stalls today.

I'm so so glad I'm not a Dr Who fan as hopefully the crazy rush for those guests will free up the space for me to head to the others!!!!!! :dance:

This. Will be interesting to watch/see how ridiculous the line gets throughout the day.

I'm getting there for 11AM, going to get autos for Tom Sizemore, Michael Bailey Smith and Lea Thompson and then hopefully be done quick if the guests aren't on a break/photoshoot. Already got my other 2 autos and looked at the stalls today.

I've noticed that there were some empty tables so there may be some more sellers tomorrow.

Indeed, I arrived at 7:40 and got well under 250 for Karen and easily got some talk tickets. Filling up now with about 800(!) Karen tickets.

Saw someone in her photo queue with a VT ticket over 900.

Thought getting in went quite well from what I saw. Only thing that annoyed me a little I was about 10th in queue for Karen but had to go to a photoshoot and come back. But have to say she was lovely. No personalising or photos unsurprisingly but was taking a few moments to at least say hello and exchange a few words.

In fact everyone has been super lovely so far.

Indeed, I arrived at 7:40 and got well under 250 for Karen and easily got some talk tickets. Filling up now with about 800(!) Karen tickets.

Saw someone in her photo queue with a VT ticket over 900.

Thought getting in went quite well from what I saw. Only thing that annoyed me a little I was about 10th in queue for Karen but had to go to a photoshoot and come back. But have to say she was lovely. No personalising or photos unsurprisingly but was taking a few moments to at least say hello and exchange a few words.

In fact everyone has been super lovely so far.

I am worried this will be the same for Alex as I will not arrive until 8.30 and I am scared I am going to get an insanely high number. And to be honest I already have a signed photo without my name and as I am getting a photo shoot I am not sure if I can spend £15 on just another un named one.

Just remember a lot of people have met Alex already at C17. I really don't think lines for her will be that bad again. Bad yes, but not that bad.

Yeah I'm hoping for the exact same thing, as I won't be able to leave around 7.40 and arrive about an hour later, she's pretty much the only guest I'm missing after today, and I really really look forward to meeting her

Anyone running will feel my wrath :firedevil:

I have stopped people for a LONG LONG chat about why they shouldn't do it, meaning people behind them have got better tickets than them.

And on more than one occasion I've even walked them back to the front door, so do be warned.

I saw you this morning and it was so tempting to shout RUN! just as I was passing. LOL :angel: